Black Ice Retrievers
Too many dogs to list (By some Bitch)
"Helping Hunters Train Their Dogs"
So just because you said your theory is right, we should believe you. When we say our theory is right then we are dumb southerners. Wow sounds like the only possibility is what you have to say. I thought only Christians were like that. How does fossil prove anything, but they died at one time or another. They have found fossil of humans that are 14 feet tall, fossil of salamanders 8 feet long so what does that prove. I have a theory that people and animals were larger before the flood, some biblical, some scientific. People also lived longer so something had to be different about our atmosphere. Now that is a Theory but can't be proving no more than your theory that we come from worms and apes.
not people. Neanderthals
I am not a professor of anything, so I would refer anyone who wants an academic discourse of the theory of evolution to pick up any biology book from an accredited university, watch the Discovery Channel if you don't like reading, or pick up just about any copy of National Geographic. Nat Geo is one of my favorite reads. Covers religion, culture, geology, evolution, all in one nice, non-political forum. (may 2009 has a wonderful article on a 40,000 year old baby mammoth that is one of the best preserved specimens from that era.)
And yes, according to many arguments on this list, if God says something, then it is true. Or, if someone wrote something down, and claimed that it was inspired by God, then we must believe it, regardless of what the natural world around us reveals.
God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!
Sorry that was Franco that said that. I guess the history books are wrong about Jesus also. I guess history books are wrong about the many wonders he did.The biggest obsticle Conservative Politics has to overcome are statements like this. If anyone has ever wondered why the Liberals have been winning, why southerners are consider dumb and we have Obama as our President, here it is folks.
We don't have to read a college biology book to get this information about the theory of evolution. It is taught to our young kids every day. Thank God for Christian parents who still teach their kids that it's a theory and we know that God Created us.an academic discourse of the theory of evolution
You didn't answer my question earlier, what were we before we become man, an ape, a worm or some unknown creature. I'll post a picture of my 100th great grand dad.
Now I'm gald you feel we come from something like this, man you might be right I've seen some pretty ugly people. Mostly every day I look in a mirror......
My disjointed manifesto on this thread...
- It bugs me to see religion portrayed as the root of evil and discord when in the last one hundred of the bloodiest years on this planet the vast majority of the killing has been perpetrated by atheists and the irreligious (Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.)
- Religion is very personal and heartfelt to the individual believers. It is as important and unexplainable as one's love for his family. Nobody would dare call someone's wife a whore and their kids stupid, but some of the anti-religion folks have no problem attacking the religious or characterizing them as dim bulbs robots who can't think for themselves. There are a lot of damn smart people who are devout followers. On the flip side, it is galling to see someone characterize their own denomination as being the right one and everyone else as being pagans on a one-way trip to hell.
- Some people's hostility and disdain for religion leads them to blindly make claims against religion that aren't true (like the Catholic Church not coming out against abortion until the 1970's or that there was some concerted effort on the part of organized religion to deny the roundness of the Earth). Hate on religion if you want, but at least know what you're talking about when you do it.
- This country is not a Christian nation in the sense that it is our official religion. But the country and its laws were certainly founded upon Judeo-Christian ethics by men who were indeed, by-and-large Christians (with some Deist exceptions, of course). Anyone who denies this has declared jihad on history.
- Neither the conservative movement nor the GOP are controlled or run by evangelical Christians. That is an element of the party, sure. But since when is it shameful to stand up for values that are good for individuals, good for the community and good for the country even when the individual messenger of those values might be imperfect? What, I shouldn't even bother to try to teach my children that they shouldn't drink to excess, lie, cheat or steal, do drugs, etc. because I've done those things myself? What kind of absurd claptrap is that? I'm not religious in the least, and I'm surely not ashamed of the evangelical community's involvement in the movement/party. And I've never been made to feel uncomfortable by them.
I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.
Now, is your uncle in that picture from your mother or father's side of the family?
Learned a long time ago that no one on internet boards ever has thier mind changed. We believe what we believe and those beliefs are founded on what we want to learn in life.
For instance, over on the ESPN College Football boards, some fool actually thinks Alabama is going to win the SEC this coming season!
Anti-intellectualism and fascism go together like bacon and eggs.
I would like to say something about about the guy on ESPN, but I don't think TN going to get in their way. Your right no ones going to change their mind but we have to try and let people know the truth.
Here in TN my uncle would be on both sides of the family.