The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

We as Christians follow the whole bible, not just the New testament. Jesus said he came not to get rid of the law (what was in the old testament) but to fulfill the law. You have to understand the old testament before the new testament makes sense.

I would never say anyone wasn't saved, but the new testament clearly states how to be saved. I know a lot of people call us hypocrite's because we still make mistakes just like everyone else but our mistakes are cover by Jesus blood because he died on the cross. Why are some picking on the Southern Baptist, we have more denomination than just the Southern Baptist and I'm glad because some people might like Methodist, some might like Church of Christ, some people might like Lutheran and the list goes on. We also have all kinds of Baptist Churches.

Back to Evolution, how can people not look around at Gods Creation and not understand that we had to be created. How could a single cell turn into something as complex as we are today. Just watching the miracle of Child Birth and how they are conceived. The only problem I see with man is the nose, why couldn't God put that on the side so everytime we have a cold it doesn't run into our mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post
    Back to Evolution, how can people not look around at Gods Creation and not understand that we had to be created. How could a single cell turn into something as complex as we are today. Just watching the miracle of Child Birth and how they are conceived. The only problem I see with man is the nose, why couldn't God put that on the side so everytime we have a cold it doesn't run into our mouth.
    As to your first point, I think the answer to that is simple, some people are inquisitive and want to know why something is the way it is. Instead of just being amazed they want to have a deeper understanding, they explore seeking evidence gathering facts and and then they form a opinion or hypothesis based on what they observed. As the situation changes or evidence is uncovered that undermines their previous assumptions naturally their hypothesis change.
    For your second point, just because you don't understand something certainly doesn't mean it is not true. How many of us truly understand all the dynamics of rocket science?

Not only that but man is the only creature able to manifest holy spirit. And as far as I know we are the only creature capable of believing in a supreme being.
    How did that come about by evolution.

I know ,I know ,,our brain has evolved to the point we are as smart as a legendary God. And now we are the creators of all things.

Maby eating of the tree of knowledge made us think we know everything and we think we are so smart when in reality we are about to self distruct.
    Last edited by Pete; 07-05-2009 at 08:19 AM.

As the situation changes or evidence is uncovered that undermines their previous assumptions naturally their hypothesis change.
    There has never been evidence or will there every be evidence to support Evolution. If we don't even consider Creation how could we even consider Evolution. That has always amazed me how we think that way. With the Technology in science that we have today, they should have found the mutation that caused the worm to change into something else. They have never found the so called missing link, with fossils that have been found we should have a human with a tail. Just sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Not only that but man is the only creature able to manifest holy spirit.
    How did that come about by evolution.
    This opens up a whole new line of of thought on the discussion of evolution!

Man seems the only animal that goes to war; that is capable of maiming and killing its own species for reasons not related to pure "survival". I'm referring to such things as religious fanatics and ego-centrics like a Hitler. I could be wrong, but man also seems the only species capable of mental illness that has no apparent physical basis.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Man seems the only animal that goes to war; that is capable of maiming and killing its own species for reasons not related to pure "survival". I'm referring to such things as religious fanatics and ego-centrics like a Hitler. I could be wrong, but man also seems the only species capable of mental illness that has no apparent physical basis.
    That's because your 1000th great grand father the worm had some mental defects that cause these problem we have today.

I don't have a PHD or do I know a lot about anything, but a question to the well Educated people on this thread. Doesn't some of this stuff about Evolution seem a little ridiculous.

Another question if we took Creation completely out of the picture could a dog be a dog from the start, a bear be a bear from the start, or a human be a human from the start. Is it because of Creation that people have to believe in Evolution.

That's because your 1000th great grand father the worm had some mental defects that cause these problem we have today.

I don't have a PHD or do I know a lot about anything, but a question to the well Educated people on this thread. Doesn't some of this stuff about Evolution seem a little ridiculous.

Another question if we took Creation completely out of the picture could a dog be a dog from the start, a bear be a bear from the start, or a human be a human from the start. Is it because of Creation that people have to believe in Evolution.
    No, its not ridiculous. It's amazinginly simple, but must be viewed in the context of thousands and thousands of years, and very gradual, almost imperceptable changes. Many people, in our brief 70 or 80 years on earth, fail to grasp the grandeur and vastness of our universe, and choose to blind themselves to a mere 6000 years of magical creation.

We see bacteria evolve within our lives. Penicillin used to treat almost all infections. Not anymore. That is a form of evolution, which is a change in the gene pool. I think even most on this list admit that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old!

That is a fact Creationist don't want to accept.

Homosapien has been around for 35,000 years, another fact Creationist do not want to accept.

Until any group is willing to look at facts over out-dated Mythology, having this dialog is nothing more than an excerise in typing!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I have no problem believing the earth is older than 6000 to 10,000 years and I don't a problem believing that earth is younger than 10,000 years. People who believe that earth is less than 10,000 are using generation and ages of people in the bible which could be correct. One problem is we don't know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before they sinned. They were perfect and weren't dying so they could have been on earth for 4 billion years before they sinned. Also when God created the earth he created a full grown earth. When he created a Tree is was a full grown tree.

Until any group is willing to look at facts over out-dated Mythology
    You kind of sound like those Christians that you have been talking about. If we don't believe the way you believe then our belief is Mythology.

We see bacteria evolve within our lives. Penicillin used to treat almost all infections
    Could that be adaptation instead of evolution.....

I ask a question that none of you will answer. If you take Creation out of the picture. Could a human have always been a human. Could a Dog have always been a dog and so on or is the only way it could have happened is a slug crawl up on land then grew into all of these miraculous creatures?

I'm having a good time with this discussion and will be back, but I've got to go to church now to learn more about my mythology regilion......
    Last edited by kimsmith; 07-05-2009 at 09:50 AM.

You kind of sound like those Christians that you have been talking about. If we don't believe the way you believe then our belief is Mythology.

Could that be adaptation instead of evolution.....
    I believe in what we know and not what ancient man with thier limited knowledege thought.

And, most evolution is adaptation, it is survival of the fittest most of the time.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.