The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Oh well you cant please everyone all the time .. Sorry about my theories

I'll go back to believing I got pooped out of some ameba's ass and grew ears and eyes.

Yep that makes sence to me

Pete
    Now just figure out how to use those eyes and ears, and you'll see what you've been missing!

Just kiddin'!! But I second everything YardleyLabs so nicely put in his post. Maybe the Bible is the 'brief explanation' for those who want the quick answer, and science is the 'fine print' for those who want to study the world around them...page by page.

Hey, there's still astrophysicists arguing the theory of gravity. With more modern measurement tools, we've discovered that both planets and some manmade space probes are NOT behaving as our current theories predict. The formulas we all leaned in physics 101 may only be very accurate approximations of the real math or theories behind why we stick to the ground.

Just keepin' it real,
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't think there is any question that there is a bigger power than man or earth.

That bigger power is probably more energy than spiritual.
    BINGO!!

The big disconnect is when people think God was created in man's image.
    God is spiritual, a kinetic energy that defies description & definition.
    Man struggles to put God in terms he can grasp.

Have faith, there is something bigger than man.

You see it every day in the sunrise & sunset, a childs smile, a wagging tale, a tear, the wind, a flower etc.
    Last edited by road kill; 06-20-2009 at 08:19 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Just kiddin'!! But I second everything YardleyLabs so nicely put in his post. Maybe the Bible is the 'brief explanation' for those who want the quick answer, and science is the 'fine print' for those who want to study the world around them...page by page

Hold your horses. What do you mean quick answere. The research of genesis using scientific methods has already taken well over 125 years and is still in progress.

I think psudo sciences have taken the quick answere to serve their agenda. How do you like those apples

See we can go back and forth all day long.
    Those who can post Links do ,,,and those who can post scripture do,,, I choose to place my bet in the creater of the heavans and earth,,,not those who are trying to figure things out eons of time later.
    That has always been mans problem by the way.
    They put their faith in their own knowledge,,which quite frankly is often skewed,,,
    How do you think this world got into such a big mess. It was originally perfect and because the wims and lusts of us humans, we are sitting at the edge of catastrophy.

And God has the perfect answeres to fix this mess ,,but man is so in to himself he wants to do it his way.

Most people now a days think sitting in a pue once a week is serving God,,, Man no wonder we are in the mess we are in.

remember that carnal man cannot serve God. Which means they have no connection with him. So keep posting the links they are interesting to read,,,but mean pretty much nothing,,,,just usually some other knot heads opinion or spin to decieve.

Oh well so is life. To each their own,, it doesn't matter who is right or wrong anyway. someday we will al be dead and none of it would have mattered anyway,,,,mmmmmm or would it.
    Is it the belief in the links posted that will save my ass in the end

I doubt it.

Pete

The bid disconnect is when people think God was created in man's image.
    God is spiritual, a kinetic energy that defies description & definition.
    Man struggles to put God in terms he can grasp

Now your thinkin Road kill

What is the image of God? John 4 :24 says he is spirit. So the part that God created in man was spirit,,,,which was lost when Adam and Eve took a nose dive. It says that this day thou shall surely die ,,,yet they lived another 900 years or so.
    What died that day. ,,,,Spirit did,,,,thier connection with God,,,,thats why we needed a redeemer.

Isahiah 43:7 says I have FORMED thee,,, I have MADE thee ,,I have CREATED thee for my glory. You cant glorify God without spirit.

God created mans spirit,,,he formed man out of the dust of the ground ( a body with no life) and he blew into his nostrils the breath of life and man BECAME a living soul.( a body with personality and life )

Thessolonians says may your whole body, soul and spirit be preserved.

Great statement roadkill

This stuff fits with the accuracy of math or logic.

Pete

Who is to say God's approach isn't similar? Working from the smallest bits of matter, shaping them into the simplest lifeforms and building new life forms from those bits. The subtlety, genius and perfection lies in how it all goes together and the inherent economy with which the building blocks of one species are so clearly linked to the building blocks f
    Ah but Jeff
    God states in Genesis "everthing after its kind" the word "kind"
    is the word genos ,,,which is why if you cross a horse with a donkey you get a sterile jack. But a fertile girl donkey( jennie?)

so you have to breed back to a horse or a donkey. Both animals are different species but the same genos.
    Its the male that carries soul life in an anmal. I guess thats why through eons of time man has always considered the sire important ( doesnt have to do with genes because we know both parents contribute equally.

Within ever life form there is great genetic diversity,,, God knew he would have to split man up and seperate them and some would end up in the cold and some in the heat. Same with all animals of the same species.
    They may look different on the surface but genetically they are almost the same.

Cyyote, wolf ,dingo, wild dog of Africa.
    Same genos and species just the genes which worked for their environment took over. Hey but they are still dogs and there was absolutely no evolution,,only a rearrangement of genes.

You can see this in people and all living creatures,,, they will always remain the same except certain genes will be expressed.
    A far cry from evolution.

Mutants die off so its impossible for the genes to survive.
    Pretty cool how God protected his words I would say.

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 06-20-2009 at 08:50 AM.

Let me throw this in for argument's sake. If one believes in a Supreme Being and that Being is the author of all things in the universe, then one must look at the earth as a book of scripture--a direct creation of the hand of the Creator himself. While the scribes and priests may ponder the meaning of the written scriptures, scholars and scientists probe the story that the earth's record tells us about creation. The interpretations differ as to the process of creation took place.

The question is: which do you believe? The evidence in the "Book of the Earth" or the story in the Book of Genesis.

If we accept there is a Supreme Author of the universe, then we accept the earth as his direct creation. But, what of the authorship of Biblical scripture? It is a less direct inspiration of the Divine. It is composed of writings the scribes thought were divine inspiration speaking to them. Who says they got it right? After all, how do you explain cosmology to shepherds?

As for myself, I'll go with the "hard evidence" in the Book of the Earth.

In the end does the method of creation matter? We just know He did it.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 06-20-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

In the end does the method of creation matter? We just know He did it.
    I doubt the method of creation matters so I'll just take Gods version. While it has no bearing on being saved it sure helps streghten ones belief when they see it so beautifully laid out,,,,,,in fine print and in the stars.

The topic of creation is weaved throughout the entire book, not just genesis but all the way through revalation. Its a web which cant be broken by even the smartest of men

Science has given us alot to chew on,,,some of it good and some of it poison.

Pete

The Angel Moroni appeared to me in the woods and told me evolution is the right answer. There, that should settle all arguments. Not bad, I'm not even Mormon!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

This will be quick...I am headed to our girls B-day party.

They put their faith in their own knowledge,,which quite frankly is often skewed
    How true Pete. However, God says that His people perish for their lack of knowledge. One must not let truth die in the streets for the sake of a blind faith. God gave us his Word which harmoniously jives with Earth sciences as is being proved daily. His Word is truth since He is the very essence of truth. We can rely on His Word first then depend on science to support His word...not look to science first then see if God's Word matches up...that is the true order of faith.

Evolution at its root is the bastard child of atheism. Evolutionists require their students to embrace the religion of evolution on faith with no supporting scientific evidence. While Creationism and evolution both require faith on the part of the believer scientific data strongly supports creationism and denounces evolution...as was noted by the former evolutionist I quoted earlier.

Here is a great Q & A session with Dr Ravi Zacharias. His grasp of the philosophical world is tight and his words are strong in the culture we now live in:

http://www.rzim.org/USA/USFV/tabid/4...1/Default.aspx

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Is it a common belief of those that believe in creation that the earth is only 6000 years or so old? Or, is there a school of thought even amongst the most ardent creationist’s belief that the earth is considerably older than that?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.