The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just what tax payers need...

Not trying to change his mind, just presenting a different view.

I've said before that I have no problem with folks believing what they do. I certainly have no problem believing in what I do.

We don't need Christian Mullahs telling a free people how to live.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-17-2009 at 10:45 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Not trying to change his mind, just presenting a different view.

I've said before that I have no problem with folks believing what they do. I certainly have no problem believing in what I do.

We don't need Christian Mullahs telling a free people how to live.
    Bravo!

God has been used to justify almost anything for as long as there has been religion and as long as there has been prejudice. People are welcome to believe anything they want about God. However, as far as I am concerned, religion excuses and justifies nothing. Laws are made by men (and women). No amount of scripture, whether drawn from the Bible, the Koran, the Vedas, or Thomas Jefferson can justify what otherwise is wrong.

As for Obama's action on health benefits, good. It's past time.

As for Obama's action on health benefits, good. It's past time.
    Tell that to the more than 3000 ( http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...claims-tick-k/ ) who lost their jobs just last week alone...or the 608,000 total who are now unemployed under Obama's reign.

By the way, another reason this is a rub for me is that a friend is a Postmaster near my home. I was told that their office is having to borrow money to meet payroll...now they are going to incur even more expense with this frivolous spending.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

So then why shouldn't spouses be taken off of their significant others benefits..its a drain on the system right?

I don't mean to pick a fight, but I wish someone...maybe KF, can explain why devoutly religious people have such an anti-science bias? I can hear echoes from years past that "anyone who thinks the world is round is an athiest, and doesn't believe in eternal afterlife!!"

I believe in evolution. I believe in God, and life after death. What's the conflict? I'm just continually amazed at how when science uncovers and explains a mystery, (ie round earth, spaceflight, heliocentric solar system, evolution) it's patently denied by religion. I have NO PROBLEM with doubting or questioning...that's the foundation of scientific discovery...but when did people accept the world is round?? We do all believe that, don't we?

slow work day...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

wrong topic?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    Tell that to the more than 3000 ( http://www.foxbusiness.com/story/mar...claims-tick-k/ ) who lost their jobs just last week alone...or the 608,000 total who are now unemployed under Obama's reign.

By the way, another reason this is a rub for me is that a friend is a Postmaster near my home. I was told that their office is having to borrow money to meet payroll...now they are going to incur even more expense with this frivolous spending.

Your friend that is a Post Master is being affected far more by an outdated business model and poor customer service than extending benefits to same sex partners. The post office is going the way of newspapers, slowly but steadily into insignificance.

I have no problem with it but there should be some sort of formal union, that causes pain and suffering (both while they are in it and getting out of it) just like marriage if they want the benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    wrong topic?
    Nah, it was vaugely related to something said earlier. Its a slow work day...too much time!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Your friend that is a Post Master is being affected far more by an outdated business model and poor customer service than extending benefits to same sex partners

That may be true. The point being, however, is not "same sex" partners as much as more frivolous spending. The SSP's just happen to be the newest beneficiaries of an out of control spending machine!

Look at Calif. Their 40plus billion dollar budget is 80% social programs. They simply cannot maintain the requirements of the freeloaders sucking the sytem dry.

Now we hear about over a TRILLION dollars for Nationalized healthcare.

Then on the heels of that we hear about extending benefits to sex partners...not legally married spouses (which is really just a way to circumvent the people's wishes who have said enmass that same sex marriages are not welcome at this time).

What a mess! Try and secure a small business loan...see how that goes for ya!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!