The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fc afc cfc Cafc Barracuda Blue

Default Fc afc cfc Cafc Barracuda Blue

Looking at a litter yet to take place and Barracuda blue is on both side twice on the sire side once on the Dam I'm told that noise is a problem was Barracuda blue a noisey dog ? Thanks

Currently middle of the "Great" Plains- Ord NE

Best bet would be to contact his owner about the dog. Personally, one of my trainers owns a son and he is vocal (barks at the first bird) which has caused him to fail many a MH test. He is one shy for his MH title and he is 10? yrs old. I have one of his daughters, she is quiet as a mouse in the blind, on the line, in the house, and in the hunting blind, but a nuisance barker in the kennel.
    Raina Anderson WWW.FIREHOUSELABS.COM

According to this BMI chart, I am too short !!!

Mr. Charles Tyson is at the National Amateur running his AFC Cuda's Negra Modelo. Give him some time to get home and give him a call. He'll be glad to talk to you about his dogs and their history. (530) 758-4628 ctyson@dcn.org www.silvercreekkennels.com
    “Don't raise your voice, improve your argument" Desmond Tutu

I train with a male that has Blue on dams side. Great running dog and can do it all. Given that he has failed 6 for 6 master tests so far because of noise. First bird, second bird, third bird, release, if being told to heal at line, everything gets a bark. Guy thought it was funny when the dog was young now he is paying for it!
    Never take things for granted.

I couldn't come close to answering your question on vocalization and I know the sire is only part of the equation, but...

... there was a bitch sired by Baracuda Blue running Master at the HT last weekend & she was an absolute marking machine. Molly, owned by Jim Elan. NICE dog. If I were looking for a Lab-she's what I'd be looking for.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you can’t take it back…"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

Banned

I saw Cuda run several HTs and several FTs and never ever remember him being vocal.

He was the most laid back dog when not on the line. I remember watching him getting ready to run at one FT and he rolled on his back and started scratching it on the grass wiggling it all around feet up in the air.

I've also see lots of his offspring and offhand, can't remember a single one being vocal.

Once Cuda stepped to the line, he was intense and very attentive. But not wild nor vocal.

WRL

I have heard that Cuda was not a vocal dog, but have heard that his offspring can be very vocal. I know bitch has just as much to do with it, but it is the repetitive nature of the problem that it always comes back to Blue.
    Never take things for granted.

I had a Barracuda Blue grandson that was an amazing dog. Never vocal at all at the line, house or in the kennel. I wish I could find another one just like him. Sadly I had to put him down due to a brain tumor. I am sure that him having bad hips and bad eyes had nothing to do with Cuda, but it was s sad day for me when I found out. I would take 10 more just like him in a heartbeat.

Grant
    "If you didn't help buy this beer, you can't help drink this beer"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greenwood View Post
    I have heard that Cuda was not a vocal dog, but have heard that his offspring can be very vocal. I know bitch has just as much to do with it, but it is the repetitive nature of the problem that it always comes back to Blue.
    I'm not sure who you mean by "Blue".....

But perhaps it is not a "Cuda" problem but the problem of what dogs were bred to Cuda.

Being a sucessful chocolate dog, he was bred A TON to Pachanga, Rascal etc offspring.

So maybe its a dog on that side.

Don't know. Would have to see the pedigree.

WRL

I had a Cuda puppy for almost 10 years. She had a noise for almost all occaisions- all of them made me smile. She found a way to make me smile every single day of her life- even the last one.

Call Mr. Tyson he will tell you the straight truth.

Go to the source regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci