RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Fc afc cfc Cafc Barracuda Blue

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Britt&Angie S. 
#1 ·
Looking at a litter yet to take place and Barracuda blue is on both side twice on the sire side once on the Dam I'm told that noise is a problem was Barracuda blue a noisey dog ? Thanks

#2 ·
Best bet would be to contact his owner about the dog. Personally, one of my trainers owns a son and he is vocal (barks at the first bird) which has caused him to fail many a MH test. He is one shy for his MH title and he is 10? yrs old. I have one of his daughters, she is quiet as a mouse in the blind, on the line, in the house, and in the hunting blind, but a nuisance barker in the kennel.

#4 ·
I train with a male that has Blue on dams side. Great running dog and can do it all. Given that he has failed 6 for 6 master tests so far because of noise. First bird, second bird, third bird, release, if being told to heal at line, everything gets a bark. Guy thought it was funny when the dog was young now he is paying for it!

#5 ·
I couldn't come close to answering your question on vocalization and I know the sire is only part of the equation, but...

... there was a bitch sired by Baracuda Blue running Master at the HT last weekend & she was an absolute marking machine. Molly, owned by Jim Elan. NICE dog. If I were looking for a Lab-she's what I'd be looking for.

M

#6 ·
I saw Cuda run several HTs and several FTs and never ever remember him being vocal.

He was the most laid back dog when not on the line. I remember watching him getting ready to run at one FT and he rolled on his back and started scratching it on the grass wiggling it all around feet up in the air.

I've also see lots of his offspring and offhand, can't remember a single one being vocal.

Once Cuda stepped to the line, he was intense and very attentive. But not wild nor vocal.

WRL

#24 · (Edited)
Our Cuda male we have will be 2 this July and running seniors now he does the same thing rolls on his back to scratch it so i had to laugh when i saw this. As far as him being vocal as a pup he was but no problems with him being vocal now!! Very steady and calm at the line. He is also very calm when at home. We are so happy with him couldn't ask for much more.

#9 ·
I'm not sure who you mean by "Blue".....

But perhaps it is not a "Cuda" problem but the problem of what dogs were bred to Cuda.

Being a sucessful chocolate dog, he was bred A TON to Pachanga, Rascal etc offspring.

So maybe its a dog on that side.

Don't know. Would have to see the pedigree.

WRL

#8 ·
I had a Barracuda Blue grandson that was an amazing dog. Never vocal at all at the line, house or in the kennel. I wish I could find another one just like him. Sadly I had to put him down due to a brain tumor. I am sure that him having bad hips and bad eyes had nothing to do with Cuda, but it was s sad day for me when I found out. I would take 10 more just like him in a heartbeat.

Grant

#10 ·
I had a Cuda puppy for almost 10 years. She had a noise for almost all occaisions- all of them made me smile. She found a way to make me smile every single day of her life- even the last one.

Call Mr. Tyson he will tell you the straight truth.

Go to the source regards

Bubba

#12 ·
My point is, maybe its not the "Cuda" in the pedigree at all.

Maybe its the "bottom-side" that the "noise" came from.

I guess it depends on your definition of VOCAL.....to me, that means while working not sitting in a run.

And Bubba's girl Scooter don't count.....he taught her to speak for those twinkie treats.....

WRL

#13 ·
I have an 18 month old male directly out of Barracuda Blue plus we also train two more males out of this same litter. None of them so much as whine on the line. They all have great line manners with no problems with vocalization on the line or in the field.

Tina

#14 ·
I have a ten year old Cuda female and through all these years the only thing that she will get whacked out and vocal about is a weed eater coming too near her kennel. Other than that you wouldn't even know she could bark.

#15 ·
Thanks so fare for the responses to my Question please understand I have a big Choc .male with a ton of drive and desire but he had a noise problem mostly on the truck now he is down to a whine, he was vocall on the line only untill the first mark and he still does let out a roof after being released not all the time does the samething on a blind one roof and we off to the races. Someone said it came from Cuda being some what new to the game I listen also i talked to the breeder and I was and still am after another choc. but a female ,my guy is around 85lbs and a real looker , he has a breeding coming up and cuda is in their 3 times 2 times on the sire and once on the dam so I was just curious if the noise came from Cuda. I'm not trying to drag Cuda through the mud just tring to figure out where the noise came from . He also has Pachanga and Strom rip Tide in his breeding, Again I want for everyone to understand that I'm not trying to drag any dog through the MUD Thanks

#17 ·
Don't know if it is the breeding (pups just born) that I know of, but I know of a Pirate breeding to a choco female with Barracuda Blue in her pedigree and she is one of the best markers I have seen. If we were not having a kid about the time these pups were going home I would be looking very hard at that litter

Is it a Minnesota litter?

#19 ·
I have a Blue grandson...i.e. his Mom was out of Cuda. Neither are talkers, both OFA excellent, hard working, team players very bidable dogs... Mom's a MH, son's on his way to the same. Every pup in the litter has brought home at least a SH title.

Though, none of those "other infamous fore mentioned chocolates" are in their pedigree.

#20 ·
I have an 11 year old out of Cuda that has a ton of desire and I coud see in the wrong hands he might have become vocal if allowed, because of the desire, and a standard wasn't established early. If bred to a pedigree with a bitch with high desire I would warn people about establishing a standard early. I think it may be about people letting it go and trying to run HT too early. I do not think of them being vocal as other lines, but the vocalization as the result of extreme desire.

#21 ·
Roux is out of Cuda and shows no signs of vocalism at all. Cuda's mom is the littermate to Rascal, and my dogs were out of Raider, the brother to Rascal and Helen, Cuda's mom. None of them ever had noise issues.

#23 ·
Tim,

Roux is sired by Ryder who is a product of the Barracuda Blue x High Grounds Helen Keller(littermate to NFC Rascal) breeding.

There may be some vocalizing among the progeny of Cuda/Ryder/Walker but generally it is a combination of the bitch and weather or not there were any traits present in that female and a common link or 2 in the pedigree.

The above 3 mentioned were NEVER vocal and from the sounds of it Roux and Drake carry the same traits. The good ones from these bloodlines learn to harness that desire the rest....well they make noise.
This from my experience can be greatly manage if dealt with properly/effectively and not dismissed as "cute" when they are young.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.