The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuzzy Math???

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    In our local paper today they are now saying that the estimate was well off the actual number of jobs it will “create”. Several people and new outlets called them on their numbers. The state says that the jobs “created” will mostly be for the 60 million dollar construction project and the breakdown is only a 100 or so will be doing the actual construction and the rest of the jobs are attributed to people selling them food and services while they are doing the work and all of the people who manage and work behind the scenes in those businesses that are providing these services like hotels and restaurants. They went on to say that there is really no way to pin down the “exact” number. I read that to say they simply made them up. I was born at night, but not last night and I cannot see for the life of me how a 100 or even 300 construction workers could possible “create” 1400 jobs supporting them while they are doing the work.

I dont know if this count but every road project I have ever seen has a ration of 1 guy working and 5-10 standing around. so statistically if you have 100 folks working 700 watching and maybe 50 or so various hookers and liqour store employees. My wife and I could likely build it faster ourselves with a pickup truck and a bobcat.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I dont know if this count but every road project I have ever seen has a ration of 1 guy working and 5-10 standing around. so statistically if you have 100 folks working 700 watching and maybe 50 or so various hookers and liqour store employees. My wife and I could likely build it faster ourselves with a pickup truck and a bobcat.
    Its just like hospitals...for every doctor or nurse actually caring for a patient, there's 400 administrative-types looking over your shoulder, second guessing, and driving up the cost of healthcare.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Often when new projects are proposed, the "jobs created" figures are the product of a multiplier, generally around 6. For instance, if a project employs a hundred workers, those workers need groceries , hair cuts, cleaners, bankers, etc. The project needs concrete, rebar, equipment, etc. Suppliers of goods and services have to hire more workers in turn to provide services.

So if you ceate a 100 jobs on a site, it translates to about 600 in the community, or so the theory goes.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

It's really simple. Given the efficiency of gov't administrators, it will take 1700 office staffers to run the local unemployment office and give out unemployment checks to the 1700 people who will NOT get jobs from this project. Got it?
    I think you hit it on the head,,, perfect answere

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Its just like hospitals...for every doctor or nurse actually caring for a patient, there's 400 administrative-types looking over your shoulder, second guessing, and driving up the cost of healthcare.

Yeah most of them insurance people trying to figure out how little insuracne of medicare is going to pay for what has been done
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke