The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Wow, this could be a very expensive ruling!!!!

Default Wow, this could be a very expensive ruling!!!!

My son and daughter-in-law, both complain about this exact thing. The school district they teach HS in here in Az have been following this practice for some time now. Their complaints are two fold. 1) It is a tremendous drain on the district budget...1 teacher to 1 or 2 students and 2) Many of the students are perfectly capable of doing the work at their age level but have parents that want the easy way out and demand 'assistance' for their child ... and....they get it. They have no problem with children that need the help receiving it, but rather with those that are capable, requesting/receiving it.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    My son and daughter-in-law, both complain about this exact thing. The school district they teach HS in here in Az have been following this practice for some time now. Their complaints are two fold. 1) It is a tremendous drain on the district budget...1 teacher to 1 or 2 students and 2) Many of the students are perfectly capable of doing the work at their age level but have parents that want the easy way out and demand 'assistance' for their child ... and....they get it. They have no problem with children that need the help receiving it, but rather with those that are capable, requesting/receiving it.
    Parents shop districts until they find one not capable of defending itself & pounce on those districts. Having been a board member in a district with a spineless Director of Special Ed I am well aware of the abuses that take place. & the funds taken away from the regular programs.

The staff of these programs know they have the upper hand & will use that to enhance their stature. A staff member used to make it a habit of calling me when he knew I was at work & leaving his number. His ploy was to get me to return the call so he could say I had called him, & technically he would have been correct. I told my wife that if he called again to have him call me when I was home. He did, she told him & the phone calls stopped, so not very important. I don't have an issue with addressing special needs students, IMO it should be done in a separate specialized setting & fully funded by those who wrote the law.

But, it's not new.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

no child left behind has become no teacher left standing. And if this catches on it will be no public school standing

My parents both teach and they say that the paper work they endure ensuring that all of the "disabilities" are adressed is driving more from the profession then any other factor.