The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More good union work

Default More good union work

Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Eh, unions made Americana. Unions are a great thing. If it wasn't for them, we'd still be making next to nothing. The problem is you can have situations like that if people don't know how to negotiate contracts. Even the heavy union people will look to kick out members like that. Insubordinate ones I have no problem with, the other extreme they talked about I do. Kick them out the union.

That may be a result of poor school boards and parents than real problems with the school teachers. The majority of them will be back at their jobs soon as they are accused, or attempted to be fired over non-issues. I have seen teachers attempted to be fired by upset school board members over stupid stuff like owning circular (cell) phones, or making kids do homework in class.

There may be a small percentage of that 700 that really need to be locked up for life though for real crimes!
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

As I have said on other posts. Unions have been a great thing for this country in the past. Unfortunately most have outlived their usefulness. Unions = mediocracy!
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

In most instances all the teachers unions do is to keep the unqualified and underachieving working and getting paid.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    In most instances all the teachers unions do is to keep the unqualified and underachieving working and getting paid.

That is the case with most unions in general. If you are good at what you do and have half a brain you don't need people to negeociate for you and you should have no problem keeping your job
    In general unions get people who cannot get something on their own, more money than they are worth and keeps the bad people from being fired.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Try doing anything about it. Probably one of the strongest unions in the nation. They aren't going anywhere.
    Never take things for granted.

Unfortunately our kids test scores prove that when you compare them to the rest of the world.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Our local teachers are crying right now because we are having such great revenue loss due to the home bust that cuts are having to be made. The union is fighting not only the cuts but is also insisting on raises across the board. BTW- for the first time in 40 years our school enrollment has actually dropped dramatically whereas it has increased substantially for the previous four decades. What a good idea, they want to cut jobs becasue there is no money so we are going to insist on a raise and that they don't cut jobs.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    That is the case with most unions in general. If you are good at what you do and have half a brain you don't need people to negeociate for you and you should have no problem keeping your job
    In general unions get people who cannot get something on their own, more money than they are worth and keeps the bad people from being fired.
    I don't know about you but I like more money in my account. Your general analogy was wayyyy off. I don't like working around some of the union hands, but I damn sure won't knock what they do for everybody.