The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Weak Presidents?

Default Weak Presidents?

Besides Obama, who has been some of our other weak presidents?
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post

Besides Obama, who has been some of our other weak presidents?
    Jimminie Carter
    Lyndon Bones Johnson
    Hillbilly Clinton

You just want the modern day ones, right? Not Garfield, Johnson(1865) and others?
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Jimminie Carter
    Lyndon Bones Johnson
    Hillbilly Clinton

You just want the modern day ones, right? Not Garfield, Johnson(1865) and others?
    George W. Bush. When our Navy P3 Orion was held captive with it's crew by China, he stated we wouldn't apologize....then he apologized. (well, he send colin Powell to apologize) That showed the world, including Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden that we would cave to pressure. I think it was about two months until we were hit by bin Laden and the Saudi hijakers. Then he got all bravado, and hit a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. Might as well hit Paraguay. Oh, wait, they sent 6 support personnel to Iraq, they were part of our large coalition. I must have had them confused with our traditional allies...France, Germany, Russia....oops, they didn't support our mission, did they? We kinda told them they were with the terrorists....and then wondered why they didn't help us foot the $3 trillion bill that we're now having to pay for. hey, it's ok....we'll just blame Clinton...or Obama...who is the scapegoat du jour?? Damn, reality sucks!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    George W. Bush. When our Navy P3 Orion was held captive with it's crew by China, he stated we wouldn't apologize....then he apologized. (well, he send colin Powell to apologize) That showed the world, including Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden that we would cave to pressure. I think it was about two months until we were hit by bin Laden and the Saudi hijakers. Then he got all bravado, and hit a country that had nothing to do with 9-11. Might as well hit Paraguay. Oh, wait, they sent 6 support personnel to Iraq, they were part of our large coalition. I must have had them confused with our traditional allies...France, Germany, Russia....oops, they didn't support our mission, did they? We kinda told them they were with the terrorists....and then wondered why they didn't help us foot the $3 trillion bill that we're now having to pay for. hey, it's ok....we'll just blame Clinton...or Obama...who is the scapegoat du jour?? Damn, reality sucks!
    I'll be the last to defend Bush43. However, I would gladly take him over what we have now.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'll be the last to defend Bush43. However, I would gladly take him over what we have now.
    & the choices we had when he ran!

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

W was head and shoulders above his opponents and Osama, Carter and LBJ
    Last edited by Bob Gutermuth; 06-24-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Carter.....ummmmm....Carter, and Carter come to mind as being as bad or worse thant the black Jimmy carter we have now.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Thanks for the line of BS.

Traditional allies...Russia? We've never been that close to Russia, do you remember the Cold War? We can't trust them. Come on! I'm not too sure what France has ever done for us except roll over and beg for us to come save them.

I think in about 15 to 20 years we will look back on Bush and think he was one of the better presidents of the past 100 years at least on foreign policy. It's kind of odd that 6 months after he left office Iran and North Korea are now blatantly provoking us. Thus far king Obama has just sat back in his big 'ol chair with his feet up, watching. He doesn't even have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt killing protesters. Both North Korea and Iran knew not to mess with us too much because Bush had the backbone that Obama is lacking. Bush's #1 goal was to keep this country safe from another attack. Don't underestimate that how big that was.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    Thanks for the line of BS.

Thus far king Obama has just sat back in his big 'ol chair with his feet up, watching. He doesn't even have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt killing protesters. Both North Korea and Iran knew not to mess with us too much because Bush had the backbone that Obama is lacking. Bush's #1 goal was to keep this country safe from another attack. Don't underestimate that how big that was.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,5937357.story

WASHINGTON -- Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

Bush had no backbone, he was a Bully. He attacked a country that could not defend itself. He caved in to N. Korea and took them off the "axis of evil" list. He did nothing to stop N. Korea or Iran from continuing on with their campaign for Nuclear Arms programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,5937357.story

WASHINGTON -- Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.
    Forgive me, please. I left a key part out. Obama doesn't have the gonads to condemn the Iranian Govt on his own.

From the quote that you pulled out of the story...Under growing pressure to speak out more forcefully on Iran, President Barack Obama used his toughest language yet Tuesday to condemn its government's violent suppression of political dissent and to declare the world "appalled and outraged" by the crackdown.

How many days of protests and Govt killings did it take him to reluctantly say something? Let me answer that, 10 days! Obama was pressured into responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    [URL]Bush had no backbone, he was a Bully. He attacked a country that could not defend itself.
    Everybody in the world beleived Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction". How many UN Resolutions were issued agains Iraq? I beleive the number was 16 or 17. Here is a link to some quotes from people who now say what you are saying, "he attacked a country that could not defend itself" or "he attacked an innocent nation". http://www.rightwingnews.com/quotes/demsonwmds.php

I guess hindsight is 20/20 right?

This story is about Iraq's link to terrorism. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...d=a3vvPsCY8pYA

Let's go back to early 2003, before we went into Iraq and think about this.

We have intelligence that shows Iraq has WMD's. We know Saddam used biological weapons in the past. UN has issued numerous resolutions that are ignored by Iraq. Iraq has kicked out the weapons inspectors several times. Terrorists attacked us on 9/11, just 1.5 years earlier. CIA has testified in front of the Senate in 2002 that Iraq was a state sponsor of terrorism.

I'm not sure there is any other logical conclusion than Iraq is a threat that must be dealt with. I guess Bush should have kicked back in his easy chair and waited for the next terrorist attack and then determine if action should be taken. If you choose to say that we, "attacked a country that could not defend itself", go right ahead; but don't forget, that country sure fooled the whole world.
    Last edited by honker88; 06-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan