The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Weak Presidents?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    no little tin pot Korean brandished nukes and threats to blow up the U.S. under his watch.
    No, he just quietly developed nuclear technology and built the bombs we've seen tested, and launched a few long-range missiles, while Bush was off thumping his chest in Iraq with MY tax-dollars.

Do you think he just ordered a Heath kit nuclear warhead since Obama took office and put it together with a soldering gun and pliers??

I don't like attacking past presidents for the sake of it. But lets have an honest tally of the number of times Bush, Carter and Clinton's names appear on this list. And really, Clinton's little trist in the WH didn't cost me a cent. Well, Kenneth Starr's $42million attempt to prosecute did, but that's money under the bridge now.

Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    No, he just quietly developed nuclear technology and built the bombs we've seen tested, and launched a few long-range missiles, while Bush was off thumping his chest in Iraq with MY tax-dollars.

Do you think he just ordered a Heath kit nuclear warhead since Obama took office and put it together with a soldering gun and pliers??

Dave
    Actually N.Korea was developing nukes even before Bush Sr. was in office. I worked in the Dept. of State 1981-1985 and it was going on before I got there. In fact I along with several high ranking State Dept., CIA, NSA and DIA officials that had Q clearances had to go to school for 10 days at the Los Alamos NM nuke plant/weapons lab to learn the process, manufacturing and storage of weapons grade plutonium. The program was highly classifed so there were some briefings even I didn't attend but we not only learned the process, we also learned where various countries were in their programs, including N. Korea. So, yes Korea's nuclear program began in earnest on Carter's watch.

I'm not even blaming the Carter administration; N.Korea and several other countries have been globe trotting in search of nuke technology for a long time which only proves the IAEA (UN body) and NNP treaty (UN negotiated) have no teeth to deal with international thugs that want to obtain pirated technology and materials. But I am blaming the Obongo admin. and his "Aw shucks, we were wrong, how can we make nice?" act abroad for letting it get to the point that Kim Jong-Il is the one thumping his chest and rattling his nukes. After all Biden dared him to!

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Actually N.Korea was developing nukes even before Bush Sr. was in office. I worked in the Dept. of State 1981-1985 and it was going on before I got there. In fact I along with several high ranking State Dept., CIA, NSA and DIA officials that had Q clearances had to go to school for 10 days at the Los Alamos NM nuke plant/weapons lab to learn the process, manufacturing and storage of weapons grade plutonium. The program was highly classifed so there were some briefings even I didn't attend but we not only learned the process, we also learned where various countries were in their programs, including N. Korea. So, yes Korea's nuclear program began in earnest on Carter's watch.

I'm not even blaming the Carter administration; N.Korea and several other countries have been globe trotting in search of nuke technology for a long time which only proves the IAEA (UN body) and NNP treaty (UN negotiated) have no teeth to deal with international thugs that want to obtain pirated technology and materials. But I am blaming the Obongo admin. and his "Aw shucks, we were wrong, how can we make nice?" act abroad for letting it get to the point that Kim Jong-Il is the one thumping his chest and rattling his nukes. After all Biden dared him to!
    Thankyou for clarifying that not everything bad with this country has occured sinced Jan 20, 2009! Yes, N. Korea has been dabbling since probably even BEFORE Carter, truth be known. Bush was very different from previous administrations, both republican and democrat, in his macho-man cowboy foreign policy, which will have to be repaired. Both "Obongo" and McCain emphasized this during the campaign, so it's not a partisan issue, just a common sense matter.

I don't mean to defend Obama (correct spelling), but this business of wishing him failure is ridiculous. I've seen this country deal with presidents back to Johnson, and never have I seen such hatred and desire for failure! I don't remember EVER hearing bozos threatening to secede from the Union!! I wasn't alive in 1860, but I believe that's the last time that talk occurred.
    We gotta pull it together and solve our problems. The Chinese and North Koreans have gotta just love hearing talk like this....a house divided.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

refer me to the post where someone said they hope he fails. Its not a matter of hoping he fails its seeing the writing on the wall and being able to tell that he will not stand up to anyone other then republicans. to everyone else hes sorry.

we won get over it attitude regards!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I for one hope Osama fails and gets thrown out in 2012. I would also vote for seccessiion at this point. Its a shame incompetence isn't an impeachable crime we could remove him now.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    refer me to the post where someone said they hope he fails. Its not a matter of hoping he fails its seeing the writing on the wall and being able to tell that he will not stand up to anyone other then republicans. to everyone else hes sorry.

we won get over it attitude regards!
    That's easy. Just look below your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I for one hope Osama fails and gets thrown out in 2012. I would also vote for seccessiion at this point. Its a shame incompetence isn't an impeachable crime we could remove him now.
    You're kidding right? What state should secede? How would that state avoid from becoming a Korean or Chinese colony? Depend on the US to defend it?

well damn Bob way to kill my argument haha. I think the vast majority of "Obama Haters" don't wish him to fail but more wish he deosn't get his way with the policies he wants because of the way it will take this country but wanting him to fail is wanting america to fail in a sense, n

i don't wish he would fail i just wish he would see the light

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

All the red states could secceed and stil have enough $$$ and talent left to unite into a cohesive nation.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    All the red states could secceed and stil have enough $$$ and talent left to unite into a cohesive nation.
    I grew up in Texas, and spend several great years in Alabama and Louisiana (helping after Katrina) so I will avoid the temptation to point out that Texas' largest employer is the US Govt! Texas recieved more federal money in entitlement programs than any other state, and if it weren't for Pennsylvania yankee Col. Drake of Titusville, they wouldn't even know how to drill for oil!

Like I said, I grew up there, so I have a little abiility to poke fun at them.

But busting up the union would be a tragedy to this American boy, I love all 50 states, no matter how wacky their gov'ts may be!

cheers,
    Dave