The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Darn Clinton

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I am disappointed in you, Roger, that you would condone perjury. Perjury is the ultimate insult to our system of government. That any elected official, sworn to uphold our Constitution, would feel justified in perjuring him/herself, is unconscionable. What good is that person's oath? And, yes, that would go for Republican or Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever.

If Clinton could be seduced by some young White House intern, what kind of character is he? Just the kind of guy I would want facing down terrorists or any other threat to our country?
    I never stated Clinton had a good character. But, Clinton had a history of womanizing and Monica knew that.

Bush would not let his aides testify under oath and claimed executive privilege for everything, the fiasco with firing the attorneys, WMD'S, and even when Pat Tillman was killed.
    Army Withheld Details About Tillman's Death

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...050301502.html

Bush also took an oath and swore to uphold our Constitution. He broke that oath by authorizing illegal wiretaps and such. See:
    Bush challenges hundreds of laws

President cites powers of his office
    http://www.boston.com/news/nation/ar...dreds_of_laws/

Legal scholars say the scope and aggression of Bush's assertions that he can bypass laws represent a concerted effort to expand his power at the expense of Congress, upsetting the balance between the branches of government. The Constitution is clear in assigning to Congress the power to write the laws and to the president a duty ''to take care that the laws be faithfully executed."

Bush, however, has repeatedly declared that he does not need to ''execute" a law he believes is unconstitutional.

Just who gave Bush the power to decide what is or is not unconstitutional?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Clinton's not my hero. But let's be consistent. Wagging fingers? How bout Rev Haggard PREACHING fire and brimstone while he's trading man-love for drugs?? That's not disgusting???

(I'll resist responding in kind to your signoff....that's just gross)
    I'm not sure anybody said what Sanford and the others you named did is okay. You're just looking to get everybody worked up and you did a pretty good job of it.

What Sanford did is totally wrong and disgusting. What Clinton did is totally wrong and disgusting. The things they both did were embarrassments on the country, regardless of which side of the isle they are on. That said, you seem to have a real problem with people striving to live a better life and help others do the same. You seem to go on attacks because as a general rule Conservatives talk about things like morals, family values, etc. Some faulter and others completely fall off the cliff, but so do those who are on the left side of the isle. We are all human, we all sin, we all fail to meet expectations. Nobody is perfect, but what is your issue with those who try to improve the morality of this country as a whole?
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy
    I am disappointed in you, Roger, that you would condone perjury. Perjury is the ultimate insult to our system of government. That any elected official, sworn to uphold our Constitution, would feel justified in perjuring him/herself, is unconscionable. What good is that person's oath? And, yes, that would go for Republican or Democrat, Independent, Libertarian, whatever.

If Clinton could be seduced by some young White House intern, what kind of character is he? Just the kind of guy I would want facing down terrorists or any other threat to our country?

I never stated Clinton had a good character. But, Clinton had a history of womanizing and Monica knew that.
    So, if one is irresponsible, continuing to be irresponsible becomes somebody else's fault for presenting the temptation? Not sure I understand how Clinton's womanizing (not a crime) makes it okay for him to perjure himself? Your statement which I found questionable was that you would also have denied the affair, thus condoning his perjury.

There are likely numerous citations of elected officials acting as if they are/were "above the law", but that doesn't make it "okay" to condone any of them.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    I'm not sure anybody said what Sanford and the others you named did is okay. You're just looking to get everybody worked up and you did a pretty good job of it.

What Sanford did is totally wrong and disgusting. What Clinton did is totally wrong and disgusting. The things they both did were embarrassments on the country, regardless of which side of the isle they are on. That said, you seem to have a real problem with people striving to live a better life and help others do the same. You seem to go on attacks because as a general rule Conservatives talk about things like morals, family values, etc. Some faulter and others completely fall off the cliff, but so do those who are on the left side of the isle. We are all human, we all sin, we all fail to meet expectations. Nobody is perfect, but what is your issue with those who try to improve the morality of this country as a whole?
    Very well said, and I agree totally.

If anyone here thought I insulted anyone elses life style or chidren, my apologies.
    If you knew me, you would know nothing could be further from the truth.

Thanks for those who pointed that out.

In regard to being called "Big Man," guilty!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Another black eye for SC.....thanks Sanford.

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post

Very well said, and I won't disagree. I don't mind at all people trying to help others, but I don't like hypocrisy and preaching. For example, I don't want a pregnant unwed teen preaching the virtues of abstinence to me! Just like we both don't want Clinton preaching marital fidelity to us! I've said before there are scumbags on both sides of the aisle, no doubt. The difference is Clinton didn't make a spectacle by condemning others for making the mistake he made. (I use the term 'mistake' loosley!) These ultra-right wingers never miss a chance to condemn clinton, edwards, frank.....and they fire up their base by condemnations and finger pointing. If they didn't, people wouldn't be so primed to jump on them. And it's NOT a liberal media thing. Look at Eliot sptizer. He got just what he had coming to him. Clinton came a heartbeat from being removed from office (right or wrong), but where's the call from those SAME people who were so outraged, to remove Sanford, Vitter, Stevens??? I honestly don't understand why if Clinton or edwards has an affair, they're no longer fit to serve. But the others are "OK".

Road Kill (or is it now Big Man?)
    I thought it got personal, but if you say it wasn't , then it wasn't.

Stay cool,

Dave

we're 85+ and humid, but I guess I'd better not complain. I saw the map for Texas!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ...It just seems when a Republican commits equal or more disgusting acts, it's glossed over....

Are you serious??? Last time I looked Barney Frank, William Jefferson, Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd not only are still in the party they hold leadership roles and they should all being wearing stripes.

The repub. bathroom boy got booted out immediately and no one stood by him, and the Republicans are drug threw the mud on everything by the press, which if they screw up fine by me. To say that anything a Republican does gets glossed over is just delusional.

Trent Lott, Newt, and many others were booted out of leadership roles for next to nothing.

Why is it that people can't be heard for their messages. They "preach" good things but because hes a dumbass doesn't change the message. My dad is(was now i suppose) a pretty raging alcoholic, but he told me not to drink. Because he drinks does that change or distort his message? No drinking is bad for you especially as a teen and not in moderation, two things he was guilty of. I'm not saying what they did was right, or even that they should be preaching morals to people as you put it but still the message is the same maybe even stronger coming from someone who has experienced the hardship, whatever that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Are you serious??? Last time I looked Barney Frank, William Jefferson, Charlie Rangel, Chris Dodd not only are still in the party they hold leadership roles and they should all being wearing stripes.

The repub. bathroom boy got booted out immediately and no one stood by him, and the Republicans are drug threw the mud on everything by the press, which if they screw up fine by me. To say that anything a Republican does gets glossed over is just delusional.

Trent Lott, Newt, and many others were booted out of leadership roles for next to nothing.

Bathroom boy was allowed to quietly serve out his term. He was not booted out immediately.

Trent Lott basically said we'd be better off today if the Civil Rights movement never occured....if Strom Thruman's (by his own admission, were wrong) policies would have stood.

Newt's "contract with America" quietly slashed my Army retirement pay by 30%, forcing me to take an early out, as many other officers did. I won't recant his numerous ethics violations (according to the republican ethics committee)

Hey, I'm not arguing that BOTH sides have people not worth their weight in dog crap. But I was the ONLY one to even mention Sanford. Sure, this list is heavily weighted to the right, but it won't help the republican cause to ignore its own dirty laundry, and just keep bashing the opposite side. The American people made that clear in November. The ONLY way for the conservative movement to survive, is to own thier problems, and get back to true conservative values. Sorry guys (and gals), but Bush did NONE of that.

Another w/e...this time I'm not on call, but the family reunion is at our place. I think I'll be spending lots of time with the dog.....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!