The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darn Clinton

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    If I am not mistaken, Monica made a statement to someone before she started working at the White House that she would need some knee boards. She went there to suduce the President and she did. If I were Clinton I too would have denied the affair. Clinton's lie did not kill any of our men or women.
    Suggest you read "Ghost Wars" by Steve Coll a writer editor of the Washington Post. The Lewinsky affair led to inaction by Clinton that did lead to deaths of US citizens.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Bathroom boy was allowed to quietly serve out his term. He was not booted out immediately.

Trent Lott basically said we'd be better off today if the Civil Rights movement never occured....if Strom Thruman's (by his own admission, were wrong) policies would have stood.

Newt's "contract with America" quietly slashed my Army retirement pay by 30%, forcing me to take an early out, as many other officers did. I won't recant his numerous ethics violations (according to the republican ethics committee)

Hey, I'm not arguing that BOTH sides have people not worth their weight in dog crap. But I was the ONLY one to even mention Sanford. Sure, this list is heavily weighted to the right, but it won't help the republican cause to ignore its own dirty laundry, and just keep bashing the opposite side. The American people made that clear in November. The ONLY way for the conservative movement to survive, is to own thier problems, and get back to true conservative values. Sorry guys (and gals), but Bush did NONE of that.

Another w/e...this time I'm not on call, but the family reunion is at our place. I think I'll be spending lots of time with the dog.....
    How did Newt slash your retirement pay?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Clinton came a heartbeat from being removed from office (right or wrong), but where's the call from those SAME people who were so outraged, to remove Sanford, Vitter, Stevens??? I honestly don't understand why if Clinton or edwards has an affair, they're no longer fit to serve. But the others are "OK".
    No one side has a monopoly on whore mongering, infidelity and abysmal morals. And the reason all those people you name plus plenty in the other party, are still in office, is those who would vote to remove them don't want the spotlight shined too brightly on their own indiscretions. Gnome sane?

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Clinton, had he been removed, would have been fired for perjury. He had an affair and lied about it. Not only that he did it with a White House employee and in the White House,compounding the crime.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    How did Newt slash your retirement pay?
    When he rose to speaker of the house, his "contract with america" included budget cuts that across the board reduced officer retirement pay. I never got it, b/c I did the math and it was much more beneficial to work in the private arena, and forfeit military retirement. NOt only the pay, but the health care benefits were from the largest gov't run health care business in the world.....VA!

That was not the only factor, but I did leave military service after 14 years...
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!