RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Idaho Trainer???

6K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Pete 
#1 ·
Anybody have any info on this trainer in Idaho, I just ran across his website and I am looking for somebody to take my pup for a couple months and get her whipped into shape. Any info would be much appreciated.

http://www.snakeriverretrievers.com/

#2 ·
I've heard good things about Tom Oblinski as well. Another option is Danny Kaiser at Duck Buster Kennels, http://www.duckbust.com/. Danny is a hell of a nice guy and AKC judge for that matter too.

#4 ·
I've heard good things about Thomas Oblinski with Triple Threat Retrievers. You may want to give him a call.
208-587-9214
Tom is great, very fair and honest with you, very knowledgeable and works hard to train you dog for you. Give him a call and talk with him a while. Don't know for sure if he is taking new dogs now or not, trying to cut down on his kennel size. Bud

#12 · (Edited)
Another vote for Mark Henry, he was my first dog trainer and turned my back yard bred Golden into a nice hunting dog in with six weeks of training in early winter 1992, then with periodic help I was able to take that dog all the way to master Hunter. Mark also solved a severe breaking problem on my Cody dog in a very creative, low pressure way, Cody went on to get his MH in six straight runs. Mark is good at working with dogs of various talen levels, he's a straight shooter and will tell you what you have and what you may expect. He's also very good with communication, you will get regular reports and he welcomes you calling him, that's not the case with a lot of trainers.

I'm not saying the other trainers mentioned aren't as good or better, I don't know Tom, I do know Laura from running against her in FTs over the years, she's a good handler and her dogs always seem well trained.

John

#15 ·
Back to the original question, I know Eli Lankford at Snake River Retrievers. He is a very nice gentleman and has a touch with the dogs. However I'm not sure he is taking any dogs right now as he is finishing up his PhD. He does have some nice dogs, good marking dogs for sure. He also has a knack for picking breedings.

Mark Henry is fantastic, as is Laura Nordberg. Mark doesn't run any hunt tests or field trials anymore and Laura only takes a limited # of dogs, so both would be an excellent choice. Steve Shaver has some very nice dogs too. Those are the top 3 I'd recommend.

Kris

#19 ·
I can't say I'd recommend any of them over the other. More depends on what you want with your dog. If you are looking for a tune-up, any of the folks mentioned are great choices. I do have one of Eli's personal dogs and I can tell you this about his dog, he takes fantastic casts in the field and he can mark like a dream.

Kris

#22 ·
Bob
Why I really moved to Idaho is
They grow some of the best melons right down the road. I still try to eat a melon a day when in season.:D
I'll have to send you a picture with a new backround,,still the same dog bowl though:D
Thanks for the plug Bob

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.