The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: And the hits just keep on comin'....$$$ for votes....

Default And the hits just keep on comin'....$$$ for votes....

I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

All for $6000. They have an interesting history. She was 25 when she married the then 61 year old congressman. Had he been married before? Given his level of activity in Washington and hers in Detroit, I wonder how much time they actually spent with each other. They now have two teen age boys with an 80 year old father and a mother on her way to jail. Congressman Conyer's comments certainly seemed appropriate:

"This has been a trying time for the Conyers family. With hope and prayer, they will make it through this as a family. Public officials must expect to be held to the highest ethical and legal standards. With this in mind, Mr. Conyers wants to work towards helping his family and the city recover from this serious matter."

Detroit = Somalia
    Waiting for you to tell me it isn't so Jeff.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    All for $6000. They have an interesting history. She was 25 when she married the then 61 year old congressman. Had he been married before? Given his level of activity in Washington and hers in Detroit, I wonder how much time they actually spent with each other. They now have two teen age boys with an 80 year old father and a mother on her way to jail. Congressman Conyer's comments certainly seemed appropriate:

"This has been a trying time for the Conyers family. With hope and prayer, they will make it through this as a family. Public officials must expect to be held to the highest ethical and legal standards. With this in mind, Mr. Conyers wants to work towards helping his family and the city recover from this serious matter."
    As far as I know, Congressman Conyers was not previously married. There were a lot of questions as to why he married this woman. She was basically elected on the coat tails of the Conyers name. People liked Congressman Conyers, and assumed she would be good for the city as well. However, she proved to be difficult and disruptive as soon as she was elected to the City Council. Most people I know regret ever voting for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    As far as I know, Congressman Conyers was not previously married. There were a lot of questions as to why he married this woman. She was basically elected on the coat tails of the Conyers name. People liked Congressman Conyers, and assumed she would be good for the city as well. However, she proved to be difficult and disruptive as soon as she was elected to the City Council. Most people I know regret ever voting for her.
    With good reason. It seems a curious relationship to have lasted so long. It seems most marriages of powerful older men to 20-somethings follow a much faster downward trajectory (or so my daughter informs me every time I look at someone that age.). It sounds like she will be a little less disruptive in the future.

Banned

Add another to the list

Protected from public scrutiny: Case file turns up records that indicted House speaker’s office claimed did not exist

by Michael C. Bender | June 30th, 2009 A state investigation of former Florida House Speaker Ray Sansom, recently indicted for falsifying the state budget, has turned up e-mails related to the scandal that supposedly did not exist when the Palm Beach Post requested the documents from the legislature
    Protected from public scrutiny: Case file turns up records that indicted House speaker’s office claimed did not exist

by Michael C. Bender | June 30th, 2009 A state investigation of former Florida House Speaker Ray Sansom, recently indicted for falsifying the state budget, has turned up e-mails related to the scandal that supposedly did not exist when the Palm Beach Post requested the documents from the legislature.

Sansom

The Post asked Sansom’s office on Dec. 10 to turnover the previous 20 days of e-mails sent or received. The request was made to gauge public reaction to news that Sansom may have received a six-figure job from Northwest Florida State College in exchange for funneling millions of state dollars to the school. The Post was also looking for communications between Sansom and then-college President James “Bob” Richburg about the scandal.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2009/0...did-not-exist/

Here is a Somali pirate from Louisiana.

I bet Willie walks!

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2..._aginst_w.html
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Detroit = Somalia
    Waiting for you to tell me it isn't so Jeff.
    If Detroit = Somalia then Washington D.C. = Mombasa on the Potomac Only in D.C. can you have a convicted felon whore monger crack addict re-elected as Mayor and then again elected to City Council even after additional convictions of tax cheating.That would be hizzoner Marion "Bitch set me up" Barry. But even his monkeyshines can't hold a candle to Harriette Walters (below).

For those that don't know her, let me introduce you to Harriette, a cunning former employee of the Washington D.C. government, specifically she was a mid level manager making $81,000 a year. A pretty good salary for a single woman, wouldn't you say?

Now granted she's old news in the D.C. area but many on this site may not know of her role in the biggest fraud/scam/theft in D.C. history (probably any other municipality in the country for that matter). Over her 15-year employment as a mid level manager in the D.C. Real Estate Tax office, she embezzled nearly 50 MILLION dollars and lived a lavish lifestyle. According to investigators in the scam, uncovered in 2007, "The funds were used to buy luxury goods, including jewelry, homes and clothing. According to affidavits filed in the case... From September 2000 to the present, Harriette Walters spent more than $1.4 million at Neiman Marcus." This is on top of swimming pools, fancy cars, Caribbean villas, etc. she bought for herself and family members.

This enterprising thief devised a method of over-assessing imaginary real estate and issuing large refund checks for parcels and buildings that didn't exist. The checks were then deposited in shell accounts set up by her family and friends. The scam might've gone unnoticed for even longer except instead of $20,000 and 30,000 checks she graduated to $250,000+ increments and up until she got busted (dimed out by one of her 'bidness partners'...LOL).

Now she's back in the news for her sentencing hearing and we're supposed to feel sorry for her says her shyster lawyer.
    The former mid-level manager in the D.C. tax office and nine others have been prosecuted in the massive embezzlement. Walters is the last to be sentenced. She has never publicly explained why she stole. Federal prosecutors have blamed it on her desire for a lavish lifestyle that included travel and designer clothing.

Walters suffered unspecified childhood traumas , which were behind her substance abuse, gambling and low self-esteem, Tabackman [Harriette's lawyer] wrote in urging U.S. District Judge Emmet G. Sullivan to sentence Walters to the minimum under the plea agreement. A Georgetown University psychiatrist who examined Walters at Tabackman's request reported that she had "suffered from a constellation of childhood traumas and deficits."

Her "significant misuse of substances degraded the power with which [her] moral sense would have stopped her activity," the psychiatrist found, according to Tabackman.

Walters knew that processing fraudulent refund checks was a crime, Tabackman wrote, but her desire to be a provider and the "thrill" of the "activity within her otherwise depressed life . . . was sufficient to allow Ms. Walters to carry out her plan."
    Cry me a river for Harriette Walters, poor thing. **NEWS FLASH** For her massive heist she received only 17 year sentence; no word if she'll be able to get time off for good behavior.

(for Jeff, the story of her sentencing plea is here
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060101763.html but you'll have to go back to 2007 for details about her heist.)
    Last edited by Julie R.; 07-01-2009 at 07:42 AM. Reason: her sentence

A little something for my friends in those southern red states;
    ************ - link deleted by Moderator
    Last edited by Vicky Trainor; 07-01-2009 at 09:31 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

dont agree with it Jdogger but it was funnier than **** haha