The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: And the hits just keep on comin'....$$$ for votes....

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Hmmmmmm?? Never did get an answer.....
    You would have to ask her employer. When I was a partner at Ernst & Young, we would have thought nothing of paying that amount to get someone we believed would make a difference. If that person left, we would not necessarily ever fill that position again. At that level, we created positions to fit the person and judged performance based on results.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    You would have to ask her employer. When I was a partner at Ernst & Young, we would have thought nothing of paying that amount to get someone we believed would make a difference. If that person left, we would not necessarily ever fill that position again. At that level, we created positions to fit the person and judged performance based on results.
    I could be wrong but it's my understanding that the 20 hour per week position didn't exist before her employment nor after she left. Make a difference, bring or buy influence, repay a debt or funnel money.. looks shakey to me.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I could be wrong but it's my understanding that the 20 hour per week position didn't exist before her employment nor after she left. Make a difference, bring or buy influence, repay a debt or funnel money.. looks shakey to me.
    Funny, I got the same impression as you did about Michelle's "position". Sounds a lot like her hire was yet another example for the 'hit parade' thread....yet another example of corruption and votes and influence for sale or for rent by Obongo & company.

I hear she's now pimping Chitcago for the Olympics (wonder if the Special Olympics and/or Paralympics will be held there immediately after? )
    Anyone want to lay bets on Mrs. Obongo's appointement to the IOC shortly?

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Funny, I got the same impression as you did about Michelle's "position". Sounds a lot like her hire was yet another example for the 'hit parade' thread....yet another example of corruption and votes and influence for sale or for rent by Obongo & company.

I hear she's now pimping Chitcago for the Olympics (wonder if the Special Olympics and/or Paralympics will be held there immediately after? )
    Anyone want to lay bets on Mrs. Obongo's appointement to the IOC shortly?
    IOC Corrupt? Come on
    http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=733http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/othe...12/3939219.stm
    http://www.no2010.com/node/212
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Banned

Ensign screws around with aide's wife, ethics laws

Like too many elected officials, Sen. John Ensign likes to screw around. He nailed Cynthia Hampton, a campaign worker.
    Hampton was also the wife of his top Washington aide: Douglas Hampton.
    So Ensign tried to smooth things over by helping Hampton get a job with some of his fatcat supporters.
    Hampton, with Ensign's help, landed a good gig with a political consulting firm and the Senator who screwed his wife helped out by lining up campaign donors as clients.
    Which put Hampton in violation of ethics laws that bar senior Senate aides from lobbying their old place of employment for at least a year after leaving the job.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/19927

It's time to bump this thread back up to see what some of our favorite felons have been up to.

Give it up for our crooked elected officials!

Charm City mayor Sheila Dixon was finally forced to resign under the terms of her sentencing for stealing gift cards for the poor and accepting lavish gifts from her boo, a prominent Baltimore slumlord. She gave a jaunty farewell address, refusing to admit to any wrong doings, just hours after her replacement was sworn in.

No word yet if she flipped her middle finger, ooops, adjusted her glasses, at the reporters.

And good ole Ray Nagin rides into town on his white horse and tells New Orleans he's goin' to da Superbowl on their nickel.

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has landed himself a ticket to the Super Bowl - and the taxpayers are footing the bill.

Nagin expressed shock last week that as the city's chief executive, he only had been offered the option to buy tickets in a "nosebleed section" of Sun Life Stadium in Miami, where the Saints make their Super Bowl debut Sunday.
    Heaven forbid he might have to sit in a cheap seat at the Superbowl. Or pay for an upgrade hisself.

But Nagin told a local radio station this morning that his fortunes have changed, though he wasn't specific about where he'll be sitting or with whom he's traveling. "The Saints have come through. I got some good seats," the mayor told WBOK radio.

"I paid for them," Nagin told host Gerod Stevens before correcting himself. "Well, the city paid for them because this is an official visit, a business trip."
    Note he had to fight his natural instinct to lie and say he paid for them, probably because he's already been caught in so many lies.

Nagin said he consulted City Attorney Penya Moses-Fields about whether he should find "another way to pay for" the trip. Gov. Bobby Jindal, for instance, has said he'll tap his campaign account to finance a one-day jaunt for himself and his wife to the big game. Nagin's latest campaign finance report, filed Saturday with the state Ethics Administration, shows $101,996 in his campaign account.

But Nagin said Moses-Fields assured him that City Hall could foot the bill, especially since New Orleans was chosen last year to host Super Bowl XLVII at the Superdome. Though City Hall surely will play a large role in planning the event, the game in 2013 will come more than 2 1/2 years after Nagin leaves office in May.
    http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s..._nagin_he.html

What a miserable, swindling, lying POS! Found this picture of him, WTH? At first I thought it was photoshopped, but, apparently not.

Is he trying to play Cops N Robbers? Note where he's pointing that gun as he hams it up. Poor Gilbert Arenas, I guess only basketbrawl players lose their jobs for horseplay with guns.

Well lets see;

Mayor Ray Nagim didn't like his endzone seats given to him for Sunday's Super Bowl so, he used taxpayer money o buy better seats as well as all air & ground transport, hotel meals, tips etc. Interesting is he is usually nowhere to be found and nothing at City Hall gets done. He allows city employees to wear slippers, hair curlers, and spandex to work at City Hall.
    Wish he would get lost in Haiti.

xDem Senator Willie Jefferson is sitting in some foreign resort waiting to serve 10 years in the Fed Country Club. Remember Willie, with the 90k cash in th freezer? That was just a small piece of the Sarah Lee pie.

Willie's brother Moses, his sister, Moses' main squeeze, and neice are all indicted. They were busted for stealing Federal Grant Money targeting the poor. It was thier own little ACORN. Moses is awaiting sentencing now. Should get a minimum 12 years.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-04-2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Hmmm...wonder who those decorations belong to the on the uniform he's "wearing?" If they're not his, what a travesty....he has -zero- shame....

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Hmmm...wonder who those decorations belong to the on the uniform he's "wearing?" If they're not his, what a travesty....he has -zero- shame....

k g
    That could be a photo from his recent trip to Cuba. A trip he said he took to learn more about hurricane protection! Many are speculating that as the Feds close in on Ray Ray, that he will flee to Cuba.

In all the euphoria surrounding last weekend's Super Bowl and Ricky Jackson getting voted into the Pro Football Hall Of Fame, I completely forgot about New Orleans having a Mayoral Election as well as elections for City Councilmen. No surprise here, with the shift in the city's demographics, moderate Mitch Landreau was elected Mayor. Mitch isn't nearly as feeble as his sister, Senator Mary Landreau. Also, for the first time in 30 years, the face of the City Council is much different.
    Last edited by Franco; 02-09-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Bump... with the news Ray Ray Nagin has been sentenced, I thought it was time to resurrect this thread about the hit parade of self serving, lying, swindling politicians.
    Julie R., Hope Springs Farm
    Chesapeake Bay Retrievers since 1981