The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Climate Change Climate Change

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

As to other countries:
    • Show me another country that has as large a carbon footprint per person as the the United States.
    • Show me a mature developed country that has not already done more to reduce its carbon footprint than the United States.
    I'm awake and I smell the coffee. Do you?
    It's logical that the U.S. should have the largest carbon footprint per person, as I might venture that it has one of the largest GNPs in the world, if not the largest.

The countries who are using less fossil fuels are doing so very probably because they had to ... they did not have great reserves of petroleum and money was obviously a good motivation to fuel their homes and businesses with something other than petroleum products.

What is surprising to me is that Europe has long been paying very high gasoline prices. That should have provided a very good reason to develop an auto that could replace the internal combustion engine? My guess is that ultimately the U.S. will play a greater role in developing that technology than those countries who have had the "motivation" for a longer period of time.

While I surely would support the idea of better public transportation, the advances in that regard in other countries is even more driven by money & downright physical need.

While Japan is a very advanced society, we often forget how little land they have to support their population. Urban apartments are smaller, for example. Not just because they are environment conscious, but because land is in shorter supply v. their population. Some idiosyncrasies are that since home ownership is out of reach for many, they buy cars instead as their status symbols. Then the cars are used sparingly due cost of gas. So, if we try to measure a country's environmental consciousness just by the size of its carbon footprint, we may be overlooking the more compelling reasons for the end result.

Consider also that if people in Vietnam ride bicyles a lot more than we do, it's because they can not afford either the car or the gas.

The U.S. may have the largest carbon footprint per person, but one also can see in today's U.S. recession has rippled into a world-wide recession that the carbon footprint of the U.S. fuels the world economy, not just our own economy.

And we have yet to determine, without reasonable doubt, whether a large carbon footprint is a black a sin as what's going on in countries like Iran or North Korea. Somehow, I don't believe that N Korea's record of social consciousness would indicate concern for conducting its nuclear program with due care for its population or the environmental safety of the rest of the world.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Can one of you deniers tell me the benefits of these documented trends in CO2. Also, help me understand why you believe this is no big deal despite the fact that the best available science suggests that something has dramatically changed in the past 100 years. (i.e. Ice cores show that carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere have remained between 180 and 300 parts per million for the previous 500,000 years.)

And all the taxes and change is targeted at preventing a rise of temperatur of 1 deg on average. Even you supporters of GW should know that is BS.
    Climate changes and we can;t do anything about it no matter what we do. By the time it is a factor you and I and all our great grandchildren with be long gone.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

(i.e. Ice cores show that carbon dioxide levels in the atmosphere have remained between 180 and 300 parts per million for the previous 500,000 years.)

One has to begin with the belief that the Earth is millions of years old to buy that garbage.

In fact, the only true history book that science backs up with geological studies, as well as other sciences, dictates that the earth is only several thousand years old. So anyone who says 500,000 years is blowing their theoretic smoke...it simply is not true!

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    One has to begin with the belief that the Earth is millions of years old to buy that garbage.

In fact, the only true history book that science backs up with geological studies, as well as other sciences, dictates that the earth is only several thousand years old. So anyone who says 500,000 years is blowing their theoretic smoke...it simply is not true!
    And they're off......
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Keith, the good Lord also made this beautiful Galaxy and it's 28 Billion light years away.
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Keith, the good Lord also made this beautiful Galaxy and it's 28 Billion light years away
    First of all that is almost double what astronomers say:

“… its size is inextricably bound up with its age. The Universe is fifteen billion light years in size because it is fifteen billion years old” (Barrow and Tipler, 1986, p. 3).
    However, the size of the universe is estimated based on the Hubble Constant which is simply a rate of expansion that begins by assuming an old age of the Earth and working backward using this constant to establish the "Big Bang" date. Again, it is all theory...can't you see that?! (By the way, scientists had to adjust their dates because they had actually come up with the Earth being older than the cosmos...by billions of years...once they adjusted their theories they reconciled the time estimates and...well).

Do not be fooled, in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. The stars and the galaxies were created on the fourth day:

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. (NIV)

Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-29-2009 at 08:04 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Do not be fooled, in the beginning God created the heavens and the Earth. The stars and the galaxies were created on the fourth day:

14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day. (NIV)

Ancient man's attempt in explaining our being. Great creative writing but very weak in substance.

They tried to explain it by what was known then and what was believable then.

All the major religions on earth have thier different opinions on the origins of our existence. That's how religions began.

I'm just glad that today we have real information.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-29-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

First of all that is almost double what astronomers say:

However, the size of the universe is estimated based on the Hubble Constant which is simply a rate of expansion that begins by assuming an old age of the Earth and working backward using this constant to establish the "Big Bang" date. Again, it is all theory...can't you see that?! (By the way, scientists had to adjust their dates because they had actually come up with the Earth being older than the cosmos...by billions of years...once they adjusted their theories they reconciled the time estimates and...well).

Things start getting really interesting when you dive into Modern Physics with time concepts where at one point may see millions of years while another being moving at a faster speed may only see a day elapse.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.