The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is the birth cert.? Is BHO eligible to be POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hummmmmm I don't have a birth certificate and apparently cannot get another one form the state(really). Guess I will never be POTUS
    And we know Kenya does a great job of keeping birth records.
    We've been taken folks. The great snow job, because we have become that dumb as a nation. Oboma can not prove he was born here because he wasn't!
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    And we know Kenya does a great job of keeping birth records.
    We've been taken folks. The great snow job, because we have become that dumb as a nation. Oboma can not prove he was born here because he wasn't!
    Do you actually say such things with a straight face? Unbelievable.
    Never take things for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Greenwood View Post
    Do you actually say such things with a straight face? Unbelievable.
    What is unbelievable is that some think he is qualified to be POTUS.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

The question was asked during the campaign and a lawsuit was brought which I believe was thrown out by the court system.

Let's say BHO was born in Kenya, OK? I have to figure when he applied to run for POTUS someone checked his paperwork. His mother was a natural born U.S. citizen and dad was not. Since he was born to a U.S. citizen doesn't that mean he IS a natural born U.S. citizen?

From USCIS
    Information for Parents of Foreign-Born Biological Children Residing in the U.S.

Information for Parents of Foreign-Born Biological Children Residing in the U.S., January 2004

The Child Citizenship Act (CCA) declares that children who are younger than 18 years of age and have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen whether by birth or naturalization will acquire automatic citizenship.

Whatever the law was pre-2004 regarding this, I have no clue. Wish he would produce the stupid thing or the pre-2004 law stating he was eligible to be POTUS or completely expose him with a copy of it. This issue needs to be finished one way or another because it makes conservatives look as though they are pulling out the red herring every time this comes up.
    I reside on the left coast, but my ideals are right wing.
    LQP CN Double Hunter, SH (09/12/1996-12/22/2010)
    Waterstrike's Dynamic Amazon, MH (10/18/2000-09/08/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa S. View Post
    The question was asked during the campaign and a lawsuit was brought which I believe was thrown out by the court system.

Let's say BHO was born in Kenya, OK? I have to figure when he applied to run for POTUS someone checked his paperwork. His mother was a natural born U.S. citizen and dad was not. Since he was born to a U.S. citizen doesn't that mean he IS a natural born U.S. citizen?

From USCIS
    Information for Parents of Foreign-Born Biological Children Residing in the U.S.

Information for Parents of Foreign-Born Biological Children Residing in the U.S., January 2004

The Child Citizenship Act (CCA) declares that children who are younger than 18 years of age and have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen whether by birth or naturalization will acquire automatic citizenship.

Whatever the law was pre-2004 regarding this, I have no clue. Wish he would produce the stupid thing or the pre-2004 law stating he was eligible to be POTUS or completely expose him with a copy of it. This issue needs to be finished one way or another because it makes conservatives look as though they are pulling out the red herring every time this comes up.

Read this, it explains what it takes to be a natural born citizenhttp://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=66787 Bottom line is that Mr. Obama is not a natural born citizen just because his mother is.

Here is an excert from the article...
    "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

I'm not sure if anybody dug deep enough in the original link to find this. I saw it awhile back and thought it was an interesting tidbit. It shows the difference between what Obama produced and an actual Hawiian Birth Certificate from 1963. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...&pageId=101483

This is interesting as well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FqVRWgrNw

I'm not sure what to think on this issue. I usually don't buy into conspiracy theories but there are an awful lot of questions surrounding this whole thing that should be pretty easily answered.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    Read this, it explains what it takes to be a natural born citizenhttp://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=66787 Bottom line is that Mr. Obama is not a natural born citizen just because his mother is.

Here is an excert from the article...
    "If Obama were born outside the United States, one could argue that he would not meet the legal definition of natural-born citizen … because U.S. law at the time of his birth required his natural-born parent (his mother) to have resided in the United States for '10 years, at least [f]ive of which had to be after the age of 16.'"

He then points out Ann Dunham, Obama's mother, was 18 when Obama was born "so she wouldn't have met the requirement of five years after the age of 16."

I'm not sure if anybody dug deep enough in the original link to find this. I saw it awhile back and thought it was an interesting tidbit. It shows the difference between what Obama produced and an actual Hawiian Birth Certificate from 1963. http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...&pageId=101483

This is interesting as well...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4FqVRWgrNw

I'm not sure what to think on this issue. I usually don't buy into conspiracy theories but there are an awful lot of questions surrounding this whole thing that should be pretty easily answered.
    If Obama had been born outside of the United States, there would be legitimate arguments that he might not meet the test of citizenship. Given that official records, documented and testified to in the courts (including the Supreme Court), prove that he was born in Hawaii after Hawaii became a state, the issue is moot. He is a citizen by birth, just as I am.

Banned

So does that mean if McCain had won the election he would have been ineligible to be POTUS? or does that work only for Democrats?

McCain’s Canal Zone Birth Prompts Queries About Whether That Rules Him Out

From left, LOWELL P. WEICKER JR., of Connecticut, born in Paris, was told he was eligible for the Oval Office. GEORGE ROMNEY, born in Mexico, ran for the presidency in 1968. BARRY GOLDWATER was born in the Arizona territory in 1909, before it became a state. CHESTER A. ARTHUR was born in Vermont, but rumors suggested it was Canada.

By CARL HULSE
    Published: February 28, 2008

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us...cain.html?_r=1

If Madonna's kid she recently adopted in Africa decides to enter politics as an adult, I don't think he would be eligible to be POTUS as he was not a natural born citizen.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

From prior research, there has never been a case in which the presidential requirement of "natural born citizen" has been tested in court. It is the only position that has that requirement. The general definition that has been used administratively has been a person that is a citizen by birth right. This would include all persons born in American controlled States or territories and all persons born to parents who were American citizens. The undecided question is whether a person born in another country to two American parents is "natural born." That may never be decided, but State Department guidelines appear to indicate that a person born under those circumstances would, in fact, be eligible. The unusual aspect of Obama's birth is that his father was not a citizen. That is irrelevant since he was born in the United States.

Ditto for those born on American flagged ship at sea.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!