The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorry Minnesota its official

I don't believe there is a more liberal senator in Washington than Al. Taxes will be uncontrolled. The best thing to do now is quit working get on the gov dole and spend time with our dogs.
    Dan Boerboon

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about them. Albert Einstein

Those without dreams won't go the extra mile

Jesse is a heck of alot better then Franken will ever be...

Quote Originally Posted by Red retrievers View Post
    I don't believe there is a more liberal senator in Washington than Al. Taxes will be uncontrolled. The best thing to do now is quit working get on the gov dole and spend time with our dogs.
    Are you serious??

Herb Kohl??
    Russ Feingold??

We have no room to criticize!!
    Stan b & Elvis

What, no congratulations to the legally elected Senator of Minnesota? I am disappointed. Maybe Coleman just needs to take that birth certificate angle on this to be successful.

Senator Al Franken. Born in Minnesota, well educated, and a successful career and family man. He legally beat a one-term Senator who lost the Governor's race to Jesse Ventura. Yes, Minnesota will have to deal with this tragedy.

I supposed we could have hoped for the likes of Senator David Vitter, Senator John Ensign, former Senator Larry Craig (I hear he used to like our airport), or someone like former Congressman Mark Foley but Minnesotans will have to take Senator Al Franken for at least a term now.

On a related subject, have you all seen this Governor Sanford campaign ad from 2002? http://www.politico.com/blogs/annesc..._.html?showall
    It is quite interesting given his circumstances today. Isn't it.?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    What, no congratulations to the legally elected Senator of Minnesota? I am disappointed. Maybe Coleman just needs to take that birth certificate angle on this to be successful.

Senator Al Franken. Born in Minnesota, well educated, and a successful career and family man. He legally beat a one-term Senator who lost the Governor's race to Jesse Ventura. Yes, Minnesota will have to deal with this tragedy.

I supposed we could have hoped for the likes of Senator David Vitter, Senator John Ensign, former Senator Larry Craig (I hear he used to like our airport), or someone like former Congressman Mark Foley but Minnesotans will have to take Senator Al Franken for at least a term now.

On a related subject, have you all seen this Governor Sanford campaign ad from 2002? http://www.politico.com/blogs/annesc..._.html?showall
    It is quite interesting given his circumstances today. Isn't it.?
    You should be very poud!!
    Stan b & Elvis

think I just threw up a little in my mouth....

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    think I just threw up a little in my mouth....
    after watching that campaign ad? me too
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Newcomb View Post
    Sorry but if I were a Minnesotan I would be to embarrassed to admit it. Jesse Ventura and Al Frankin Holy Cow what are they drinking up there.

Jesse had a chance to enact some real positive change and he totally hosed it. He had an entirely new base so jazzed up he could still be Gov. His problem was one to many pratfalls gone bad in the ring. It turned him into a spinless wimp who wussed out whenever someone said boo to him. His actions set back 3rd party politics years. Total waste of 4 years.

Franken, who knows. All we can do is hope for a middle road approach now tht he is in DC. If he wants 2 terms, he will need to be very aware of those that did not vote for him. And he can't be any worse than Coleman. He should never have given up the Mayor's position, he was good at that.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    Jesse had a chance to enact some real positive change and he totally hosed it. He had an entirely new base so jazzed up he could still be Gov. His problem was one to many pratfalls gone bad in the ring. It turned him into a spinless wimp who wussed out whenever someone said boo to him. His actions set back 3rd party politics years. Total waste of 4 years.
    Well, at least Jesse stuck around to serve the full term he was elected for even though he was an independence party candidate in a Republican and Democrat controlled system. He did not quit did he? Could someone please point to any item where Jesse did worse than the current Governor? You know, things like fiscal responsibility, real tax rates, economic growth, transportation infrastructure, public safety, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Well, at least Jesse stuck around to serve the full term he was elected for even though he was an independence party candidate in a Republican and Democrat controlled system. He did not quit did he? Could someone please point to any item where Jesse did worse than the current Governor? You know, things like fiscal responsibility, real tax rates, economic growth, transportation infrastructure, public safety, etc.
    Henry, I love Pawlenty and wish he were running for re-election. His baggage is a Senate/House that refuse to work together to fix the problems. And many are from Jesse's time in the big chair. Ventura screwed up by not building on the 3rd party excitment and focusing instead on the"jackals" who were out to get him and his family. Rather than tell everyone his kid screwed up and apologize to the state and staff, he wimped out and his cred started downhill. He had a big chance to work for real change and blew it, and because of him, I doubt a 3rd party candidate will ever make it back to the top no matter how good they are.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!