The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS overturns Sotomayor opinion in Conn firefighters case

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Default SCOTUS overturns Sotomayor opinion in Conn firefighters case

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529409,00.html

This may be a big roadblock to her confirmation!
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

It might be, Bob...and WOULD be for any real "America First" thinking politician. But face it, we are in extremely short supply of any of those type folks in our Senate and Congress....especially when it comes to the batch of braying sheep that support this inept leadership.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Are you kidding? That just established her bonafides with the left and helped assure a cash infusion to the usual suspects working to get her confirmed...like the yahoos at People for the American Way (the name of that organization is a perverse poke in the eye with a sharp stick).
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529409,00.html

Why? She voted the same way as the Justice she is being nominated to replace.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Two wrongs don't make a right!
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I'm happy for the firefighters. They earned their promotions.

Unfortunately, there won't be anybody who can overturn any of her leftist decisions once she's been added to the supremes.

Souter was a disaster we can blame on the first Bush and in a way we can also blame H.W. for this babe who's replacing Souter.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    It might be, Bob...and WOULD be for any real "America First" thinking politician. But face it, we are in extremely short supply of any of those type folks in our Senate and Congress....especially when it comes to the batch of braying sheep that support this inept leadership.

UB
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of congress. But then I repeat myself.........Mark Twain
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I'm happy for the firefighters. They earned their promotions.

Unfortunately, there won't be anybody who can overturn any of her leftist decisions once she's been added to the supremes.

Souter was a disaster we can blame on the first Bush and in a way we can also blame H.W. for this babe who's replacing Souter.
    I would like to see your reasoning behind that one....picking a SCOTUS nominee rests with the Presidents advisory team, if you think the President picked any SCOTUS nominee, you are mistaken..the name they place is based on his legal eagle advisors and who his vetting team THINKS they can pass confirmation, the wheeling and dealing is run by the Senators on the justice committee for the scratch and sniff test before its release to the public ,the rest is just a dog and pony show...

And then you get the occaisional Robert Bork, or Clarence Thomas nomination where it becomes a political witch hunt
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

An interesting take on things as always.

Hmmmm, you all do know that Justice Alito had numerous decisions reversed by the Supreme Court and that Justice Roberts was reversed on the Hamdan case, right?

These facts certainly did not prevent them from getting or staying on the court. Hmmmm.

But Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., said "it would be wrong" to use the decision to criticize Sotomayor and that her panel's decision exhibited "judicial restraint."

He said the Supreme Court's ruling is "likely to result in cutbacks on important protections for American families."

"This is a cramped decision that threatens to erode these protections and to harm the efforts of state and local governments that want to build the most qualified workforces," Leahy said in a statement.

Does Leahy even know what this case is about. Important protections for american families? How is giving a leg up to someone not as qualified for the job as another person protection for the american family. The most qualified workforce past the test. Sorry the black firefighters weren't as qualified but that is not the problem of the firefighters that were qualified and past the test.

affirmative action bull**** regards.