The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

I thnk a "no party" system is a better idea. Let them rn on their own with no party help and you vote for who you like best. I don't like something republican and don;t like most things democrat, but a thrid "party" will not work....too many people drik the kool aid on both sides
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I agree with Bad, why do we need to labeled Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Moderate or Liberal. Vote for the person you like and for the person who will do the best job for our country.

Kim, that plan hasn't worked too well either, at least not with the last two "winners" we've chosen.

I do find it interesting, though, that rather than honestly and openly examine where our current President is making mistakes, the lefties here keep throwing out the "but look what Bush 43 did" diversion. If they can't find anything positive to say about 44 now, what will they be saying in 3 1/2 years?

It may be easier to de-elect him than we originally thought. We can start in 18 months.....assuming our economy and way-of-life can remain intact for that long....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

wait remington you were so mad at W for spending and all those other left leaning policies that you were like hey guys watch what happens when someone REALLY wants to spend money?

Thanks for voting to spend and tax us into the ground.

While, I chose to "sit this one out," and did not cast a vote for president, I think Remington's post was well thought out.

I had been very active in the Republican party for many years. The Republican party generally stood for state's rights, less government, private rights of individuals and being fiscally conservative. What do we have now?

The debt inherited from the Bush years is tremendous. We have lost local control of our schools through the idiotic "No Child Left Behind" Act. Further, now the test of being a Republican is whether you are the "right kind of Christian," and that you are against abortion, same-sex marriage and stem cell research! Except for stem cell research, these issues, abortion, marriage and education are rights and powers left to the state! And what could be more invasive to person's private rights than his religion or sexual preference? I am not weighing in pro or con for any of them, I am just saying that these are matters for individual states to decide, not the federal government.

The other ironic thing is that the fed controls the state by threatening withholding federal funds which create more debt! Federal funding has become the heroin addiction of state government!

Ronald Reagan was a democrat for many years. He was asked why he left the democratic party. His response, "I didn't leave the Democratic party. The Democratic party left me." I feel the same way about the Republican party, but I still don't agree with the Democrats either. I guess I will find my way as a powerless Libertarian.

D.
    "When a man is proud of his dog and shows it, I like him. When his dog is proud of him and shows it, I deeply respect him. Gene Hill

I can't understand why some are turning on the Republican Party just because of the last election. Didn't the same thing happen when the democrats got voted out. Elections go in cycles, if the economy is good and everybody feels good about whats going on in their life then they will vote for the party in office. If everything is going down hill then they will vote for change. We also can't blame everything on the Republican party when the economy went south because a lot of that was set up years before the Republican party took office.

all of those things are being left to the state. Abortion was voted on and failed miserably. Same sex marriage was voted on in california and they ammended the constitution of the state that it wasn't legal. Thats of course, after the supreme court decided it could try and make laws from the bench. Stem cell research like you said was decided by the feds in the stroke of a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post
    I agree with Bad, why do we need to labeled Republican, Democrat, Conservative, Moderate or Liberal. Vote for the person you like and for the person who will do the best job for our country.
    That's why I traded in my voter reg. card for one that says "Independent".
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I held my nose and voted for Palin and the old guy. I also voted for a Republican congressman who voted against the original stimulus package. Otherwise I voted Libertarian wherever there was an opportunity.

The only way I see the Republicans getting the message is to vote 3rd party. By voting BHO you are telling them they should move more to the left.

Bush's biggest failure was that he argued everything from the leftist standpoint. He never seemed to stand up for conservative principles.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

a lot of us weren't voting for mccain but against obama. We could see that voting independent wasn't worth the ink on the paper and that Obama would spend and throw away liberties at an alarming rate.

Don't blame me i voted for Mccain regards~