The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

Default Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

I hope she's not planning to run for President.

We don't need four more years of Obamo.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-03-2009 at 03:33 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I hope she takes Michael Steels job.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I was reading on the net that she is facing her 15th Ethics charge and many of her key staffers have resigned. Plus, her popularity in Alaska has been falling.

Maybe too much pressure being in the National spotlight?

I personally don't want her heading up the RNC, too much of a liability. I think the best thing she could do for herself, her family and the GOP is to lay low.

A very decent woman but not something the GOP needs at this time. I thought she was a big liability during the McCain campaign.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

One of the things that the RNC needs is a dynamic personality running it. Someone that can energize those that call themselves Republican. They need to create a plank for the Republicans to stand on and work toward finding some faces for their party. I thought, originally, that Steel would do well at that. I was and am mistaken. If anything, the Republican Party is in complete disarray.

She would be great at fund raising and pulling a base together.

Republicans, how would she do in that capacity?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I was reading on the net that she is facing her 15th Ethics charge and many of her key staffers have resigned. Plus, her popularity in Alaska has been falling.

Maybe too much pressure being in the National spotlight?

I personally don't want her heading up the RNC, too much of a liability. I think the best thing she could do for herself, her family and the GOP is to lay low.

A very decent woman but not something the GOP needs at this time. I thought she was a big liability during the McCain campaign
    I thought she was the only good thing about the ticket, the buzz was about her not the "maverick" I think she is a polarizing figure and although I like her she doesnt have the gravitasse to be a serious contender for the White House..I think there is very little middle ground with Palin, you either love her or you cant stand her
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

Palin, you either love her or you cant stand her
    I don't dislike her. I just think she ran off a lot of moderate women during the election. The GOP was already going to get the Religious Right vote as an anti-Obamo vote so, she didn't bring anything to the ticket.

The attacks on her would be brutal and with many Alaskans now unhappy with her, she would be too easy a target for the Dems.

Besides, I just read where she is returning to the pagent circuit.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-03-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Has anyone checked the informal poll for 2012 that was going on here? Wonder how Maverick is doing now?

Sorry, but I don't buy she needs time to prepare. She took an oath, and took on a 4 year committment. She's untrustworthy and unreliable.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I suspect that Palin realizes that her fiscal "achievements" were based solely on the inflated price of oil -- which contributes 90% of state revenues -- and that there is no way she can finish the job without seriously damaging any credentials she might have for fiscal management. While one part of me would love to see her as the GOP candidate, I would prefer to see a stronger candidate since that will produce the best "deal" for voters.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I suspect that Palin realizes that her fiscal "achievements" were based solely on the inflated price of oil -- which contributes 90% of state revenues -- and that there is no way she can finish the job without seriously damaging any credentials she might have for fiscal management. While one part of me would love to see her as the GOP candidate, I would prefer to see a stronger candidate since that will produce the best "deal" for voters.
    That's true, but she knew that all along. (someone else knew it, and told her) There's going to be more to this story. There's no way this is a move to help position her for a presidential run in 2012.

Really, has anyone here ever skipped out of work, then phoned the boss to tell him you took unannounced time off to prepare for the new position you bet he's gonna give you now? That's silly. Besides, it doesn't take that long to read "How to be a National Candidate for Dummies"
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I think instead of hammering away at her, it would be better to wait and see what move she makes...IMO she has more to offer this country that what some folks would like to believe....

I think she has a family that she wants to raise and 'protect' from such 'ASSES' as Letterman and others...

I think she DOES want to help this country and I commend her for making what has probably been a very difficult decision for her - she absolutely understands the repercussions of what she has done - she is smarter than that......
    dnf77 - I don't know what Palin ever did to you or PA, but apparently you have a little resentment toward her...

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein