The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

"We know we can effect positive change outside government at this point in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities,"

Sarah Palin July 3, 2009........

what did she say.......??????.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    LOL. Color me shocked. Now if she just keeps her useless self in AK, it'll help what is turning out to be a crappy 4th. Ding dong the witch is dead regards.
    Wow.

Not to get all feminist on you, but maybe make you think about something...

I don't care for the woman personally or politically, and frankly found her resignation speech mostly incomprehensible gibberish, but calling any woman who's just doing her thing a "witch"--even if you disagree with what she's doing--strikes me as more offensive than simply saying, "That's a politician I'm glad is gone."

I don't believe in electing and promoting women for the sake of electing and promoting women, but to see a duly elected woman feel the need to take herself out of the game is always unfortunate--in the (perhaps very) long run I think everyone, and the system, benefits from there being a better balance of the chromosomes in high places.

I feel no huge sympathy with her, nor do I feel it's a great loss politically, and I sort of wonder if it's part of a career strategy (which would make me not care for her even more), but I hate to hear her called a witch. Gets my Gender Studies 101 goat.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post

I feel no huge sympathy with her, nor do I feel it's a great loss politically, and I sort of wonder if it's part of a career strategy (which would make me not care for her even more), but I hate to hear her called a witch.
    I agree with this, the woman has been attacked enough. She is a decent woman who entered an arena that is way over her head. I wish her and her family the best and the GOP is better off without her being the face of the party.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Personally, I think that's the major problem in DC. We need to get rid of all these professional politicians and their "handlers, to get back to what the (little "r") republican form of government is supposed to be about. Ala Thomas Paine's "Common Sense". The Elected would never vote a rod against the Electors because they knew they would have to go back and endure it themselves in a few short years.
    Palin threatens the "players" which is one reason she is so viciously attacked.
    I totally agree with you, Brian, that the professional politicians have lost sight of the fact that they are to serve their constituents, not themselves & their careers.

But in order to defeat an enemy, one must know them well ... to find how best to defeat them.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    "We know we can effect positive change outside government at this point in time on another scale and actually make a difference for our priorities,"

That she was returning to the pagent circuit.

Got to say I'm surprised to see you here on POTUS Place.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    LOL. Color me shocked. Now if she just keeps her useless self in AK, it'll help what is turning out to be a crappy 4th. Ding dong the witch is dead regards.
    and do ME a favor,

..please don't come to ALASKA.

edited because I don't want to be banned, regards

Juli
    Last edited by Juli H; 07-04-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post

Don't you know that using "effect" as a verb is considered so impressive that it absolves one from making any sense? And "effecting change" is beyond reproach.

Politicians on both sides use the word to great... effect.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    and do ME a favor,

..please don't come to ALASKA.

edited because I don't want to be banned, regards

Juli
    Don't flatter yourself. Been there, done that for a few years.

Tis not my fault your ex governor was/is a fraud & made a joke of The Republican Party's money and legacy. She was a 4th rate choice and proved herself as such.

As far as the witch comment, if the shoe fits, so be it. Now if we can just figure out which 100 or so pair we're talking about that was paid for by The GOP. Ironically nobody is able to get along with her. Hmmn. Just stating facts.

Seriously, I hope she runs in 2012, or stays in the national spotlight in some position.

As UB says, "you may not get what you expect, but will certainly get what you deserve."

It is amusing that there are some on this forum that object to mindless hatred and loathing. Oh mirror, mirror on the wall?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Please Jacob go ahead and provide specific details to how she was a fraud or cheat. I would love to know because i think if the party would stop pandering to the left she would be exactly what we need but its all about getting votes and not actually running on your morals or beliefs. She had a bunch of frivolous ethics claims filed against her all of which she was found innocent on. The GOP bought her some clothes. Hell they bought commercials and a lot of other things as well. Why aren't crying about those things as well. She needed to dresss a certain way for the RNC and they bought her clothes. Who cares find something substantive to cry about.