The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

yeah guys don't you know. He is spending A lot of money to get us out of Bush spending money....wait a minute that doesn't make sense oh well back to the drawing board.

Banned

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...87627#31887627

Could be that Sarah's book deal is paying her $7,000,000 to $9,000,000. Why would she want to work?

More background for those interested.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/13/us...alin.html?_r=1

Sarah Palin has definitely turned out to be a polarizing figure. I believe that happened because she made such an impact on McCain's campaign and, IMO, in the eyes of DEMS she gave Obama more of a run for his money. Of course she was stifled for the most part by the McCain Campaign.

It became the job of all DEMS and the media to belittle and berate her at every turn. It evolved into some sort of witch hunt. The campaign is over and yet she's still their target. Why? Wouldn't most of us have to pause and try to remember who the VP candidates were for the losing side of past elections? She is a real threat to the establishments for both parties and the media.

Of course folks can trash talk her all they want, but the more it's done the more I question the motives.

Quote Originally Posted by InIndiana View Post
    Sarah Palin has definitely turned out to be a polarizing figure. I believe that happened because she made such an impact on McCain's campaign and, IMO, in the eyes of DEMS she gave Obama more of a run for his money. Of course she was stifled for the most part by the McCain Campaign.

It became the job of all DEMS and the media to belittle and berate her at every turn. It evolved into some sort of witch hunt. The campaign is over and yet she's still their target. Why? Wouldn't most of us have to pause and try to remember who the VP candidates were for the losing side of past elections? She is a real threat to the establishments for both parties and the media.

Of course folks can trash talk her all they want, but the more it's done the more I question the motives.
    Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. You're like Babe Ruth. Your first at-bat and you hit a dinger.
    Last edited by Hew; 07-14-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Its actually quite simple even though this thread has now gone 10 pages.

The Liberals thought that they had the franchise on FEMALE candidates...they thought their gal Hillary would break the glass ceiling...along comes a conservative FEMALE and its their ultimate worst nightmare...a pro life, mother,with a child with special needs and on top of all that the camera is very kind to her..so how do they attack her, they dont , they attack those around her, they give the snot nosed 19yr old kid that fathered her daughter's baby a forum to take shots at the Palin family,and yet all you hear from the feminist groups are chirping crickets...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing. You're like Babe Ruth. Your first at-bat and you hit a dinger.
    I'll second the Ka-chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing but come on HEW......it wasn't the Babe....it was Bob Horner.....ASU Sun Devil to Atlanta Braves
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Yep.....looks like Sarah is cutting and running!!

NOT!!!

""Palin Op-Ed Blasts Obama: A Prelude to 2012?
    Posted: 07/14/09Filed Under:Energy, Sarah Palin, 2012 President 1592

There are at least two possibilities. Either Sarah Palin is a very quick learner or she employs a really good ghostwriter. Even if it's the latter, she's demonstrated with an op-ed article in the Washington Post Tuesday that she's not the total dunce many of us have pictured.

This is the first indication Palin was even aware the Washington Post existed, but her piece is a pretty effective way to show the world she's a political force that no one should underestimate: "At the risk of disappointing the chattering class," she writes, "let me make clear what is foremost on my mind and where my focus will be."

As a card-carrying member of the "chattering class," let me note she's taking on a hefty subject, the complex "cap and trade" plan that plenty of chatterers have trouble understanding. Even more importantly, she's deftly pushing the buttons of every conservative, laying out the Republican argument that using "cap and trade" to control greenhouse gases would be "an enormous threat to our economy."

There's also the boilerplate call to end our reliance on foreign oil by tapping into domestic sources of coal and oil. For good measure, she makes sure her message reaches the religious right: "We are ripe for economic growth and energy independence if we responsibly tap the resources that God created right underfoot on American soil."

So now we know that by resigning as governor of Alaska, Palin had no intention of retiring -- or of being shy and retiring. We can only assume that we will be seeing and hearing more of her forays into substance. It's the best way to rehabilitate her ditzy image -- an image created because "many in the media would rather focus on the personality-driven gossip of the day than on the gravity of these challenges."

In case anyone doubts the presidential ambition of her save-the-economy essay, the last words should clear things up: "Yes we can. Just not with Barack Obama's energy cap-and-tax plan." Sarah Palin is serving notice that it's a long while till 2012, with plenty of time to repair an image or, for that matter, create an entirely different one.""

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, someone to stand up to this garbage!!
    Last edited by road kill; 07-14-2009 at 05:51 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

Ten pages of posts...read them all and did not see the real reason she resigned.
    So far she has PERSONALLY paid out over $500,000 in legal fees and the state has paid $2 Million...just to fight ethics complaints against her which have all been unfounded.
    They estimated that if she had remained until the end of her term, the state would have paid $10 Million. I don't know about your states, but for us that money could and will fund lots of teachers etc....

The Palin family is not wealthy. Comfortable, but not wealthy. Todd is a laborer on the slope and a set net fisherman. Sarah only earns $100,000 a year. She was going in the hole with her job. That $500,000 is alot of money to them...they just couldn't keep pace. I don't know of many willing to stick out that situation.
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Last Frontier Labs View Post
    Ten pages of posts...read them all and did not see the real reason she resigned.
    So far she has PERSONALLY paid out over $500,000 in legal fees and the state has paid $2 Million...just to fight ethics complaints against her which have all been unfounded.
    They estimated that if she had remained until the end of her term, the state would have paid $10 Million. I don't know about your states, but for us that money could and will fund lots of teachers etc....

The Palin family is not wealthy. Comfortable, but not wealthy. Todd is a laborer on the slope and a set net fisherman. Sarah only earns $100,000 a year. She was going in the hole with her job. That $500,000 is alot of money to them...they just couldn't keep pace. I don't know of many willing to stick out that situation.
    Did all these ethics accusations come before or after her VP run? Were they the result of national level politics, or is this normal Alaska jabbing? Had she not been thrust into the international spotlight, I doubt I would even know her name, let alone her legal problems. Any ethics challenges related to her job as gov should be handled by the state (ie taxpayer), but not her personally. What personal charges has she had to defend to the tune of 1/2 million?

This speaks poorly to our judicial system, if someone can be forced to resign public office in order to pay legal defense if they've done nothing wrong. I know in my profession, the average cost to prove you did NOTHING wrong in a frivilous malpractice claim is $50,000! And no, there's no reimbursement or forgiveness of court fees. It doesn't cost one dime to launch this whole process, or if you lose. It's like someone offering free power-ball lotto tickets for a million dollar jackpot. Who wouldn't take a shot?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!