The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Did all these ethics accusations come before or after her VP run? Were they the result of national level politics, or is this normal Alaska jabbing? Had she not been thrust into the international spotlight, I doubt I would even know her name, let alone her legal problems. Any ethics challenges related to her job as gov should be handled by the state (ie taxpayer), but not her personally. What personal charges has she had to defend to the tune of 1/2 million?

This speaks poorly to our judicial system, if someone can be forced to resign public office in order to pay legal defense if they've done nothing wrong. I know in my profession, the average cost to prove you did NOTHING wrong in a frivilous malpractice claim is $50,000! And no, there's no reimbursement or forgiveness of court fees. It doesn't cost one dime to launch this whole process, or if you lose. It's like someone offering free power-ball lotto tickets for a million dollar jackpot. Who wouldn't take a shot?
    Yeah!!!

Just like Joe the Plumber, it was all a coincidence!!

I have never seen so many people so frightened by 1 woman before!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Henry V
    If McCain has won we could all say the same thing. I am not sure there is evidence either. What specific facts did he ignore that McCain did not?
    Since McCain did not win, I cannot say how I would feel on his actions. One of the most annoying things I found in the debates was that when O was presented with a challenging fact, he would blythely say, "That's absolutely not true," (or something like that) with confidence and aplomb ... and change the subject totally. He would never explain.

O and staff have said a number of times, "It is/was much worse than we thought." He found that it was not as easy to get rid of the Gitmo detainees as he thought.

Henry V
    Did we just sign a treaty with the Russian this week?. You are right we do not know how much Biden weighed in on this issue or others. And the point is?
    We may have signed a treaty with the Russians, perhaps indicating how desperate the Russians are. O's disparaging comment about Putin, while acknowleding Putin's ongoing influence, was IMO a real gaffe. Medvedev was far more diplomatic. O did not have to publicly disparage Putin, even if it was accurate. Lack of class and finesse. O was wearing his Biden hat. The point would be that if Biden was to be the "strong suit" in international affairs, it ain't showing. And O has not done well in IA.

Henry V
    Yes, its called dealing with the hand that was dealt before you got there and listening to the experts. The fact is that President Obama's administration is dealing with the financial meltdown from the previous Republican administration which had a Republican controlled congress for 6 of 8 years.
    I seriously doubt the value of the "bailouts". GS just turned a $2 billion profit. Other banks are giving back government $ because they now say they don't need it (and they don't like having strings attached to it). All of a sudden most of them fixed themselves without the government $ that everyone said was so essential?

And lest you think those bankers have mended their ways ... today I received two emails from commercial lenders telling me how they are giving commercial loans up to 90% LTV for "D" credit customers. Guess they haven't been listening to the meltdown news.

As for A'stan ... that is one area where I can agree. He did campaign on placing more emphasis on A'stan. He has done so. I also believe he is correct in putting the Congressional investigations aside with regard to CIA, etc. and putting the time, energy & $ into getting the job done in A'stan and Iraq.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Run Sarah run. Palin 2012, Please! Please!, Please!

Keep that base energized. It will be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

I have not read the whole thread, but I for one hope she does not run. True she energized the ticket, but it was a ticket I supported by default, and she energized it becasue there was NO energy without her. The energy came from the novelty of a woman on the ticket, not her experance or leadership. I think, personally, she is a very cool woman, but I do not want to see her in the WH as POTUS. She is not even close. She was the best thing running the last time around, but that really says nothing. My hope is that the republicans can put together a strong ticket without her. I am also concerned that since our first black president is looking to be a failure, a woman candidate is going to have a hard go of it, because after all of obongos changes are said and done I donít think America will be ready to take another chance on a first just yet (no offence ladies, I donít have a problem with a woman POTUS or a black one either, but I do thin bho is screwing it up for both as we read)
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

She just ran away from the Governor's office. What do you want her to run away from next?

Quit Happens...

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Palin Campaign slogan for 2012:

VOTE PALIN, WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH... I'LL QUIT.... YOU BETCHA!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Palin Campaign slogan for 2012:

VOTE PALIN, WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH... I'LL QUIT.... YOU BETCHA!!
    Will her paycheck and health care benefits run out when she quits, like it would for the rest of us? Or like typical politicians, did she write herself some life-long benefit package? Just curious, and haven't heard anything about that on the news.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Yeah!!!

Just like Joe the Plumber, it was all a coincidence!!

I have never seen so many people so frightened by 1 woman before!!
    You haven't met my wife after a bad day at work
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Senior Member Last Frontier Labs's Avatar

18th Ethics complaint filed against Gov. Palin.
    http://www.newsminer.com/news/2009/j...against-palin/
    Sherri Young

"It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson