The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

Senior Member Roughriding Woody's Avatar

I like Sarah and I will leave it at that!
    Nobody said it would be easy!

Personally I do not care, I am from a State that starts with A but it is not Alaska, this is for the citizens of Alaska to decide. With that said the crap she has put up with is more than anyone should have to put up with. In addition to the mindless ridicule of a mental miget like Letterman, some of you might have forgotten she has a son serving in Iraq. Unless you have spent the sleepless nights that go with that you will never know the incredible pressure of having a son or daughter who is in harm's way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughriding Woody View Post
    I like Sarah and I will leave it at that!
    A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

she said during her speech that all of the ethics charges were dropped

She is quite young yet. If she intends to continue her political career, she could probably benefit from taking a RNC position or a Congressional position. I really don't think she'd be a good choice for the national ticket in '12 I think she really needs to get to know the DC ropes better ... have a personal familiarity with the "players".

Actually I think that it was that last factor could have stood McCain in good stead had he been able to win the election. It occurs to me that if many of the people on this forum, even those who may have voted for Obama, could discern that he was lacking in executive experience, this could not escape those in the Congress who would be working with him. In the quest to get another D in the Presidency, they did not break ranks, but that may change if BHO doesn't show them the deference they expect. There are indications that he may not do that over the long haul when he gets frustrated.

Seems like yesterday BHO had on his Biden hat ... praising Russia's Medved while doing a put-down on Putin, while acknowledging that Putin would still have considerable sway in Russia's political actions. I can't believe he said what he did! Even if it is what he was thinking, it was, IMO, a major gaffe to give it voice in an AP interview. If the interview was "scripted", the scriptwriter should be fired. If it wasn't scripted, this man is way over his head when it comes to diplomatic skills, and he should make sure he gets some scripts. Even the NY Times gave Medved credit for being more diplomatic than BHO. BHO could have, and should have, taken a similar tack.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

It is probably best for Alaska, and she probably should have stepped down when she was in the race for VP.

I wouldn't doubt it if she was setting up to take a Senate seat after a short time off.

The hate and attacks that Palin continues to get from the left means they are very scared of her. Someone else will pop out of nowhere to take 2012 from the facist party. I understand exactly what the left is scared of, and frankly many in power, and as the facebook/myspace generation become strong voters in 4 to 8 years, they will have power that the media won't be able to phase.
    Last edited by Terry Britton; 07-03-2009 at 09:49 PM.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I think she really needs to get to know the DC ropes better ... have a personal familiarity with the "players".
    Personally, I think that's the major problem in DC. We need to get rid of all these professional politicians and their "handlers, to get back to what the (little "r") republican form of government is supposed to be about. Ala Thomas Paine's "Common Sense". The Elected would never vote a rod against the Electors because they knew they would have to go back and endure it themselves in a few short years.
    Palin threatens the "players" which is one reason she is so viciously attacked.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I like her for what she stands for but by know way will I ever vote for her to be in the presidency. She needs more years to understand the role she is taking. Anytime she has a mike in front of her she proves she isn't prepared for the post.
    Never take things for granted.

LOL. Color me shocked. Now if she just keeps her useless self in AK, it'll help what is turning out to be a crappy 4th. Ding dong the witch is dead regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    ...Ding dong the witch is dead regards.
    Why do you call her a witch?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.