The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

Can't hold a candle to some whose colors shine through in every post.

With a couple of notable exceptions, I see few who foment more "mindless hatred and loathing" (your words).....more like a flamethrower than a candle, though....

But hey...if that's who you are, have "fun" with it.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

With a couple of notable exceptions, I see few who foment more "mindless hatred and loathing" (your words).....more like a flamethrower than a candle, though....
    Bruce Mcpherson writes;
    "A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next."

Not my words alone.

"I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples?

No hurry. I'm off to celebrate Independence Day. You do the same.
    Last edited by JDogger; 07-04-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

It would only take the most casual of glances, on this thread and on POTUS in general, to find the "few" of which I speak. They're not in shadowgrass....

I have seen more of what we southerners less-than-affectionately call "meanness" here in the past two weeks than I've seen since this board's inception. I'm not talking simple differences of opinion...I'm talking the stuff that makes an internet "free fire zone" look like the kiddie's playground. I'm talking the stuff that will follow a person's screen name for the nuclear half-life of plutonium....the stuff where even a heartfelt "I'm sorry" won't cut it as as an apology.

I stayed off of POTUS for months until the "Cap and Trade Tax" thread...but some of the comments on the "Fossil" thread have shocked me beyond words...which is one reason I haven't posted there. I am just incredulous at what some folks will put into print, sometimes with their name next to it but just as often not. If this is what POTUS has come to, then for my money, it's time to pull the plug on it. Civility seems to have taken a back seat to abject churlish language and behavior. I'm REALLY surprised that Chris Atkinson hasn't shut it down.

Don't know if you believe in karma, Hugh....it's real and it's a bitch IMHO....whether you believe in God or not, believe that....

Think I'll go do something more positive with my time regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    I think instead of hammering away at her, it would be better to wait and see what move she makes...IMO she has more to offer this country that what some folks would like to believe....

I think she has a family that she wants to raise and 'protect' from such 'ASSES' as Letterman and others...

I think she DOES want to help this country and I commend her for making what has probably been a very difficult decision for her - she absolutely understands the repercussions of what she has done - she is smarter than that......
    dnf77 - I don't know what Palin ever did to you or PA, but apparently you have a little resentment toward her...

Juli
    I have no resentment, and I am happy she was not given the opportunity to be VP.

Try this on for size.....John McCain would have been the oldest President ever elected. What if he pulled a Billy Mays on us, and at the same time, Sarah decided to take her toys and go home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that leave us with NANYC PELOSI as president?????? Scary, huh?

I agree, lets wait and see. I'm betting there's more to the story than meets the press. All I know, if she's still considering a run in 2012, quitting in mid term does NOT instill confidence in voters. If it's to take care of family matters, thats honorable, but she should come clean with the people she's sworn to serve, not that babbling jibberish we all heard! Come on, did anyone understand that??? If I did like her, I would be terribly disappointed...as it is, I'm not surprised.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Looks like Palin is heading for a national political carreer....She has a tough battle ahead of her, if she thinks quitting her day job for 'a higher calling' is the right decision...

In some ways I hope she puts her best foot forward and makes Alaska proud, but I am disheartened that she 'appears' to think being the governor of our state is not good enough... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/...alin_resigning

I know there are multiple reasons for her decision, and for some of those I have complete sympathy...BUT, some of the other things that have come to light have got to make me wonder....

I still think she wants the best for this country, but I do not think she is approaching her goals in a way which will help her be successful....time will tell......

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post
    Looks like Palin is heading for a national political carreer....She has a tough battle ahead of her, if she thinks quitting her day job for 'a higher calling' is the right decision...

In some ways I hope she puts her best foot forward and makes Alaska proud, but I am disheartened that she 'appears' to think being the governor of our state is not good enough... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090705/...alin_resigning

I know there are multiple reasons for her decision, and for some of those I have complete sympathy...BUT, some of the other things that have come to light have got to make me wonder....

I still think she wants the best for this country, but I do not think she is approaching her goals in a way which will help her be successful....time will tell......

Juli
    I have to admit, even though I don't particularly like Sarah, there's a long list of people ahead of her who NEED to quit politics more than her!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Next thing we know you'll be posting with your real name.....

kg

I don't see any chance of that happening anytime soon Kg.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Bruce Mcpherson writes;
    "A lot of us like Sarah. The attacks on her from those that apparently feel threatened in some way has been way beyond partisan politics in fact it borders on mindless hatred. That being said I wish her success in whatever comes next."

Not my words alone.

"I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

Examples?

No hurry. I'm off to celebrate Independence Day. You do the same.
    At least spell my name correctly for gosh sakes. And my examples of mindless hatred are?
    Put up or shut up Dogger.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

It seems that a few years ago when she was still in Wasilla prior to beding governer, the city, under her supervision hired a contractor to cousruct a sports complex. Very expensive, lots of big bucks there. At the same time the Palins hired the same contractor to do substantial work on thier lake front home. The news tonight is reporting that here. There has been a big, quiet, federal investigation about some of the sports complex money also paying for our dear Gov's home building. This will be in the news this week, watch for it. Bud
    Bud Bass, aka akblackdawg

"Your life today is a result of your attitude and the decisions you made yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitude and the decisions you make today." unknown

I haven't read all the post, so maybe this was mentioned, but I think most will feel that if she can't finish the job as the governor of a state, then how can she become the president of the United States?
    I think a lot more will come out, and it may make sense, but I think Romney must be thanking his lucky stars!