The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 111

Thread: Gov. Sarah Palin Resigns

  1. #51
    Senior Member IowaBayDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akblackdawg View Post
    It seems that a few years ago when she was still in Wasilla prior to beding governer, the city, under her supervision hired a contractor to cousruct a sports complex. Very expensive, lots of big bucks there. At the same time the Palins hired the same contractor to do substantial work on thier lake front home. The news tonight is reporting that here. There has been a big, quiet, federal investigation about some of the sports complex money also paying for our dear Gov's home building. This will be in the news this week, watch for it. Bud

    Sounds kinda like the Rezco/Obama relationship but for a lot less money, she might be more qualified to be President than we thought.
    ________________________________
    Dan Cram
    No longer live in Iowa but I have a new Bay Dog!!

    Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

  2. #52
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    I don't see any chance of that happening anytime soon Kg.
    Bruce read post # 40
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  3. #53
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    It would only take the most casual of glances, on this thread and on POTUS in general, to find the "few" of which I speak. They're not in shadowgrass....

    I have seen more of what we southerners less-than-affectionately call "meanness" here in the past two weeks than I've seen since this board's inception. I'm not talking simple differences of opinion...I'm talking the stuff that makes an internet "free fire zone" look like the kiddie's playground. I'm talking the stuff that will follow a person's screen name for the nuclear half-life of plutonium....the stuff where even a heartfelt "I'm sorry" won't cut it as as an apology.

    I stayed off of POTUS for months until the "Cap and Trade Tax" thread...but some of the comments on the "Fossil" thread have shocked me beyond words...which is one reason I haven't posted there. I am just incredulous at what some folks will put into print, sometimes with their name next to it but just as often not. If this is what POTUS has come to, then for my money, it's time to pull the plug on it. Civility seems to have taken a back seat to abject churlish language and behavior. I'm REALLY surprised that Chris Atkinson hasn't shut it down.

    Don't know if you believe in karma, Hugh....it's real and it's a bitch IMHO....whether you believe in God or not, believe that....

    Think I'll go do something more positive with my time regards,

    kg
    I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing-KG

    So Kieth, do you love it or hate it?

    Contradictory regards,
    Hugh
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  4. #54
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    At least spell my name correctly for gosh sakes. And my examples of mindless hatred are?
    Put up or shut up Dogger.
    Well, this post is a good one.

    Sorry about the misspell Bruce,

    Hugh (and that's JDogger)
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  5. #55
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I LOVE to see people show their true colors. I'm glad POTUS place exists so I can know how to deal with people on the other forums on RTF. Talk about "amusing-KG

    So Kieth, do you love it or hate it?

    Contradictory regards,
    Hugh
    Do you know "sarcasm" when you see it, Hugh?

    Are you capable of interpreting contextual differences in posts in any way other than to suit your own purpose?

    And it's Keith.....

    Beyond comprehension regards,

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  6. #56
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Do you know "sarcasm" when you see it, Hugh?
    Yes Keith, I do. Clear it up for us though, which of your two posts that I quoted was the sarcastic one?
    a. the first
    b. the second
    c. a. and b.
    d. neither
    e. or is it this one?

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Are you capable of interpreting contextual differences in posts in any way other than to suit your own purpose?
    As well as you my friend, as well as you. Why would I interpret them to suit your purpose though?

    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 07-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  7. #57
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Yes Keith, I do. Clear it up for us though, which of your two posts that I quoted was the sarcastic one?
    a. the first
    b. the second
    c. a. and b.
    d. neither
    e. or is it this one?
    Since it's becoming apparent that you deal in the literal sense more the figurative one, probably more the word "LOVE" in the first one, although I do appreciate that I can tell where people are really coming from by what they post here. People show who they really are here, although this is the one place where opinions can be foisted as fact; can't really pull that off on the main forum.

    The two posts had two different purposes and dealt with two separate but related issues. You wanted to pit one against the other for the purpose of making it sound like I was contradicting myself.


    As well as you my friend, as well as you. Why would I interpret them to suit your purpose though?
    I'd be astonished if you did, but I'd just settle for calling them like they are. Do you want to have an equal presentation of contrary points of view or do you just want to argue? Convolution of a contrary post doesn't do much to promote debate. Just show me where I've done that, Hugh, and I'll own up to it. I've already offered that challenge one time today and have yet to get a response...I don't expect one, either....on the other challenge, I mean, and have been told as much.

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  8. #58
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Post # 42 this thread.

    I see few who foment more mindless hatred and loathing"- KG

    Examples? -JD

    I didn't get an answer either. Go figure.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  9. #59
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I Try this on for size.....John McCain would have been the oldest President ever elected. What if he pulled a Billy Mays on us, and at the same time, Sarah decided to take her toys and go home. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that leave us with NANYC PELOSI as president?????? Scary, huh?
    Good grief. Give it a rest.

    Number of dnf777 posts criticizing Obama for not finishing his Senate term and starting his campaign for president about the day he took his Senate oath of office = ZERO

    Number of dnf777 posts critical of Hillary Clinton for telling everyone her aspirations were only to be senator of NY and gets 2 years into a new term and hauls arse to run for president = ZERO

    Number of dnf777 posts critical of Biden for leaving his current job as a senator and for, well, just being a buffoon = ZERO

    Ah, the fickleness of Americans and many on this board. You bitch and moan about how all politicians are hacks who put their party first instead of the country. You complain that you're sick of professional politicians and you whine for term limits so that you can get rid of the professional politicians. You say you want politicians who aren't beholden to special interests. Then Sarah Palin comes along. She wasn't born with a silver spoon. Her background is similar to most of ours. Her political career started out like most of ours would if we actually had the guts to run...she got sick of the BS she saw in her community and decided she wanted to make it better (instead of just blathering about on a message board). She started small and worked her way up...just how we'd have to do it if us if we ever had any aspirations of higher office. She fought the corruption and greed in her own party, and was a pariah within her own party because of it and rose to govenor despite the efforts of her own party to keep her out because they wanted to keep the same corrupt status quo. I don't see what's not to like and admire about the lady even if you don't agree with her politics. She is what America used to stand for.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  10. #60
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Good grief. Give it a rest.

    Number of dnf777 posts criticizing Obama for not finishing his Senate term and starting his campaign for president about the day he took his Senate oath of office = ZERO

    Number of dnf777 posts critical of Hillary Clinton for telling everyone her aspirations were only to be senator of NY and gets 2 years into a new term and hauls arse to run for president = ZERO

    Number of dnf777 posts critical of Biden for leaving his current job as a senator and for, well, just being a buffoon = ZERO

    Ah, the fickleness of Americans and many on this board. You bitch and moan about how all politicians are hacks who put their party first instead of the country. You complain that you're sick of professional politicians and you whine for term limits so that you can get rid of the professional politicians. You say you want politicians who aren't beholden to special interests. Then Sarah Palin comes along. She wasn't born with a silver spoon. Her background is similar to most of ours. Her political career started out like most of ours would if we actually had the guts to run...she got sick of the BS she saw in her community and decided she wanted to make it better (instead of just blathering about on a message board). She started small and worked her way up...just how we'd have to do it if us if we ever had any aspirations of higher office. She fought the corruption and greed in her own party, and was a pariah within her own party because of it and rose to govenor despite the efforts of her own party to keep her out because they wanted to keep the same corrupt status quo. I don't see what's not to like and admire about the lady even if you don't agree with her politics. She is what America used to stand for.
    What America used to stand for?????
    Quitting?

    If you read my post, you would have seen that I said if she's leaving for family reasons, that's fine, just be straight with the people who hired her. Frankly, I don't care. I have enough problems with MY gov in Pa! She can take him with her!

    But to answer your charges that I didn't criticize the folks you mentioned, lets see:

    One President of the US
    One Sec. State of the US
    One VP of the US

    What is Sarah doing? I suspect there's going to be more to the story, so I will hold my judgement. But like I said, she should be honest, her constituents deserve it. And if it's for a good reason, they, and the rest of America will accept. If this is a move towards running for president, it is bone-headed. She is (was) perfectly positioned to groom herself, as the chief executive of the number one energy producing state! Sure, she needed to study and groom, but that can and has been done in gov mansions across the US.

    I'll stand by my hypothetical scenario. SHE asked us to place her a heart-beat away from the presidency, next to the oldest elected president, and then she quits an executive post six months later. If elected in Nov, would she be stepping down as VP now? We don't know. I just pointed out that that series of events would have netted us one President Pelosi, and I didn't think many on this list would like that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin back in news
    By Roger Perry in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 09:35 AM
  2. Sarah Palin back in news
    By Roger Perry in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 08:11 AM
  3. Gov Palin on Osamacare
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
  4. It's Sarah Palin - GDG
    By DSemple in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 248
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 10:38 PM
  5. What a Joke, Gov Sarah Palan for VP GDG
    By Bud Bass in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 193
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 08:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •