The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should the GOP do?

Jeff,
    All of that is a very interesting discussion of your views, but doesn't recommend any specific action.
    For example, I agree with you to the extent that we are all born with a different set of advantages and disadvantages. Some overcome their disadvantages and succeed to a degree far beyond what we might expect. Others fail miserably regardless of their advantages. What, if anything, do you propose that our government should do about that? What specific legislation can positively change that situation without causing as much harm as good?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post

K.Bullock,
    I'm not sure what you mean by, "I certainly wouldn't compromise issues of character or morality to cater to liberals ...that doesn't make sense." Could you elaborate? By the way, I'm not interested in catering to anybody, liberal or otherwise.
    Thanks
    If we say the government should have no role in legislating morality I would totally agree, but as long as someone is pushing their immorality and attempting to socially re engineer our culture to suit a liberal ideal we need a platform of response to it. I think that Republicans are much less aggressive legislating social issues than the Democrats are.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Pretty sure that i agree with none of your view points in that post Jeff. People are born into different economic situations. Some succeed some don't. If you don't have the drive and willingness to succeed you won't. I should not be conscripted into paying for other peoples problems unless i somehow caused them to happen. I didn't cause you to fail out of school and never have a job. Kids can pay for themselves to get through college. Can you go to Brown? Doubtful but you can certainly go to normal state universities if you try hard enough. Hell i went to a community college got a degree in networking, worked full time the whole way through and paid most my self. Did i pay all, no but i certainly could of very easily. People need to stop complaining abuot who is holding them back and just to work on bettering themselves.

I walked up to a house last year while selling door to door and group of people sitting on the porch at 11:30 AM with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other. When i asked them how they were doing they said "Well Bush is in office so i don't have a job" I was like wow you aren't out trying to get a job because the president in office. nothing to do with drinking at 11 in the morning to start off your day.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Pretty sure that i agree with none of your view points in that post Jeff. People are born into different economic situations. Some succeed some don't. If you don't have the drive and willingness to succeed you won't. I should not be conscripted into paying for other peoples problems unless i somehow caused them to happen. I didn't cause you to fail out of school and never have a job. Kids can pay for themselves to get through college. Can you go to Brown? Doubtful but you can certainly go to normal state universities if you try hard enough. Hell i went to a community college got a degree in networking, worked full time the whole way through and paid most my self. Did i pay all, no but i certainly could of very easily. People need to stop complaining abuot who is holding them back and just to work on bettering themselves.

I walked up to a house last year while selling door to door and group of people sitting on the porch at 11:30 AM with a beer in one hand and a joint in the other. When i asked them how they were doing they said "Well Bush is in office so i don't have a job" I was like wow you aren't out trying to get a job because the president in office. nothing to do with drinking at 11 in the morning to start off your day.
    Don't you get it? They have to drink to cool down from the global warming that Bush caused. It's not their fault.
    Matt McKenzie

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    If we say the government should have no role in legislating morality I would totally agree, but as long as someone is pushing their immorality and attempting to socially re engineer our culture to suit a liberal ideal we need a platform of response to it. I think that Republicans are much less aggressive legislating social issues than the Democrats are.
    What legislation do you propose to combat this "social re-engineering"? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is you want.
    Thanks
    Matt McKenzie

What legislation do you propose to combat this "social re-engineering"? I'm not trying to be obtuse, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what it is you want.
    Thanks
    Legislation? ...make it illegal to hold office if your a liberal. That would be an excellent beginning.

Why would I need to propose legislation to know where I stand and where I will draw a line on social issues?

Legislation? ...make it illegal to hold office if your a liberal. That would be an excellent beginning.

Why would I need to propose legislation to know where I stand and where I will draw a line on social issues?
    Most politics IS social engineering. That is why we need to define elected officials roll in government so that we can remain a free people.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Because the topic of the thread is what the GOP should do to get back on track, not what your personal religious beliefs are. Like everyone, I have personal values and beliefs but that doesn't mean that I want all of them as planks of a political party's platform. I want a party who's primary guiding document is the Constitution of the United States. I want all of its candidates and supporters to be intimately familiar with that document and and to defend it and use it as a guide in all decisions in government. Unlikely, I know, but if you're going to dream......
    Matt McKenzie

Because the topic of the thread is what the GOP should do to get back on track, not what your personal religious beliefs are. Like everyone, I have personal values and beliefs but that doesn't mean that I want all of them as planks of a political party's platform. I want a party who's primary guiding document is the Constitution of the United States. I want all of its candidates and supporters to be intimately familiar with that document and and to defend it and use it as a guide in all decisions in government. Unlikely, I know, but if you're going to dream......
    Quote me (in context) and show exactly where we are in disagreement. And we will start from there.

I would like to add two more points to Hooksets original post.

1. Sharply curtail the influence of lobbyist's in Washington.

2. Clean up Wall St. and put an end to the systematic embezzlement of peoples savings and investments. While their at it, stop these large mega mergers between company's where the end effect is now one company to large to fail. Especially in the Banking business.