The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe it was about the oil

Default Maybe it was about the oil

Eager to Tap Iraq's Vast Oil Reserves, Industry Execs Suggested Invasion two years before Iraq war . . .
    at: http://www.truthout.org/070309J?n

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Eager to Tap Iraq's Vast Oil Reserves, Industry Execs Suggested Invasion two years before Iraq war . . .
    at: http://www.truthout.org/070309J?n
    Not surprising at all, but we'll probably never know for sure. Mr. Cheney has refused to comply with court subpeonos regarding the energy talks that were held behind closed, locked doors for the first time in our history.

Time to move on.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Maybe it was about the oil, or maybe it was because we really thought Saddam had WMD since he was playing a bluff hand of poker to the world about the WMDs (so not to appear weak to Iran and the world)???

http://www.topnews.in/node/186125

The claims of this article may or may not be true. The SCOTUS ruling protecting the secrecy of WH visitor logs makes it less likely that we will ever know. Be that as it may, the Baker Institute report is hardly a smoking gun despite the story woven around it. It basically says that political issues in the middle east and latin america have the potential to disrupt America's oil supply and that US foreign policy should focus on minimizing these threats. Sounds like a no brainer. That is not the same as calling for an invasion. For those interested, the text of the report is available at http://www.informationclearinghouse....rticle3535.htm.

Oh, well if Jason Leopold and truthou.com say it....

The same dynamic duo that breathlessly (and laughably erroneous) trumpeted the "news" that Karl Rove was to be indicted. I guess I'll have to wait for the National Enquirer's take on this whole thing before I form my opinion on Cheney's grand oil cabal. truthout. lmao.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    Maybe it was about the oil, or maybe it was because we really thought Saddam had WMD since he was playing a bluff hand of poker to the world about the WMDs (so not to appear weak to Iran and the world)???

http://www.topnews.in/node/186125
    That was the problem I had. The reason for war seemed to change with every opinion poll. I recall Hussein stating he did NOT have weapons, not claiming posession and threats.

I'll never forget W making fun of the lack of WMDs at the press roast, while at the same time, we had troops in harm's way, at least in part due to those false pretenses. As a veteran and father, I will never forgive him for that.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Oh, well if Jason Leopold and truthou.com say it....

The same dynamic duo that breathlessly (and laughably erroneous) trumpeted the "news" that Karl Rove was to be indicted. I guess I'll have to wait for the National Enquirer's take on this whole thing before I form my opinion on Cheney's grand oil cabal. truthout. lmao.

It has to be true, TRUTH is even in the web address
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That was the problem I had. The reason for war seemed to change with every opinion poll. I recall Hussein stating he did NOT have weapons, not claiming posession and threats.

I'll never forget W making fun of the lack of WMDs at the press roast, while at the same time, we had troops in harm's way, at least in part due to those false pretenses. As a veteran and father, I will never forgive him for that.

yet he never let inspectors fully do their jobs, even played them by moving things before they got there (WMD's or otherwise). Seems to me somebody either had something to hide or wanted to make it look like they did. You seem to be implying the world is worse for SH being dead
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    yet he never let inspectors fully do their jobs, even played them by moving things before they got there (WMD's or otherwise). Seems to me somebody either had something to hide or wanted to make it look like they did. You seem to be implying the world is worse for SH being dead
    You read my implication wrong then. I'm glad he's gone, but I'm sad to see 4000 Americans died in the effort to "get him", when he did not harbod WMDs or have anything to do with 9-11. Now we're finally back on track in Afganistan, which is where the 911 tragedy originated. If all we wanted was SH dead, a mercenary team of assassins could have done that for far less than 4000 lives and 3 trillion dollars, or whatever the real tally is.

And by the way, Hans Blix himself said they WERE doing their job, with international support until W started his John Wayne type diplomacy. (no offense intended to us John Wayne fans)

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You read my implication wrong then. I'm glad he's gone, but I'm sad to see 4000 Americans died in the effort to "get him", when he did not harbod WMDs or have anything to do with 9-11. Now we're finally back on track in Afganistan, which is where the 911 tragedy originated. If all we wanted was SH dead, a mercenary team of assassins could have done that for far less than 4000 lives and 3 trillion dollars, or whatever the real tally is.

And by the way, Hans Blix himself said they WERE doing their job, with international support until W started his John Wayne type diplomacy. (no offense intended to us John Wayne fans)
    I do seem to recall something about not killing leaders of other countries in that manner…………. If Bush had have done that you would be bitching about that.
    Corey Burke