RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Gun Dog Schools for Goldens

899 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  GulfCoast 
#1 ·
Hi my name is Charlie Weissinger. I have a seven month old golden female. I have been training her, but I think I have done all I know to do. This is my first gun dog so I need help in training her to become a great gun dog. I live in western Mississippi, the Delta, but I am willing to send her several hours away. Do any one of you know a program that specalizes in Goldies? I want to send her to someone that is interest in Goldies, NOT LABS. NO offense, its just that most work with labs.
Thank you for your time in advance,
Charlie

#2 ·
Charlie first and foremost welcome to the board. Look for a retreiver club in your area. It has also been my exsperience that most trainers train both labs and goldens. Look for a trainer in your area go to there place and visit with them find someone that you are comfortable with. There maybe some that prefer goldens but for the most part they are trained the same way. I know every dog is different but a good trainer will read the dog and adjust. My buddy who trains down here in SW Louisiana has both labs and goldens in his kenell.

#4 ·
hummmmmmmm

short bus.............

sorry had too:D

I am sure there are good golden trainers in your area. I know one in Florida, but that is much farther than you want to send your dog

#5 · (Edited)
Where are you in the Delta? There is probably a retriever club nearby. I do not know anyone who "specializes" in just goldens, but I can PM you several very good retriever trainers near you, depending on where you are in the Delta. Ya know the Bourbon Mall just got sold.....:)

Best Regards,

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.