The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame - nominations due 8/15

Default Hall of Fame - nominations due 8/15

with the help of WD " Bill" Connor- O/H of '72 NFC AFC Royal Moose's Moe, I have my nominations for the Retriever Hall of Fame

The deadline for submitting nominations to the Retriever Hall of Fame is August 15,2009. The nomination process is a two stage event. the first stage are open nominations, from the general retriever field trial public.Two dogs (deceased) Two persons (living or deceased) may be nominated. After the votes are counted the top 5 in each category are voted on by the living officers of the two National clubs (past & present) and various regional delegates countrywide
    My nominations are

1. Alanson " Lanse " Brown III

2. C.J. "Joe " Schomer

1. '65 NAFC FC Rebel Chief of Heber

2. Dual CH FC AFC CFC Ridgewood Playboy

I know there are many that deserve nominations including the following

Averill Harriman
    Michael Flannery
    Roy McFall

any past NFC or NAFC or CNAFC, CNFC

I invite all retriever enthusiasts to nominate YOUR worthy person or dog
    and send to

John Mc Assey

RHOF

121 Main St.

Boise Idaho 83702
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

A couple of people have messaged me and asked why I chose who I did for the RHOF. I readily admit both dogs submitted were before my time in this game but I have always had this view of the Hall and cannot understand why things are the way they are.

IMHO when a dog wins a National Stake that should be an automatic qualifier for induction, secondly when a dog is inducted into the RHOF, the owner/ handler should be inducted also, after we play this game as a team. Third and although subjective, the accomplishments of the dog or the individual should speak for themselves, their personality or popularity (or lack of it ) should have little bearing on induction into the RHOF...I would also like to see some transparency in the voting, both in who the voters are and how many votes were received by each nominee, who people voted for should be kept secret just like our own political process

that being said I can qualify my two person picks in this manner

1. Joe Schomer- trained and handled 2X NFC Spirit Lake Duke along with titling 15 other dogs while at Macopin Kennels and many others after leaving there including '72 NFC Royal Moose's Moe and FC Remhocs Lejo Juderi which is where I first met Mr Schomer

2. Lanse Brown - the number 1254 and counting ( All Age pts acquired)

THREE DOGS in the RHOF
    - all females, 80 qualifications for the Nationals, 12 Finalists, Lanse has qualified,run, and finished more Nationals than any other amateur in the sport. Lanse has also been a National Amateur judge

I could go on about Lanse but he is an eccentric, sometimes loud, sometimes controversial...but he is also one straight shooter and one heck of a dog person and a friend to retriever enthusiasts from coast to coast

A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Bon,
    I cast a ballot for Joe Schomer and Lanse Brown, but for dogs Rebel Chief Of Heber and Hawkeye's Dandy.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

FC AFC Hawkeye's Dandy was the third dog on my short list, after I read a post from Jordan Talley about that fine animal, a great choice too..

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post

2. Lanse Brown - the number 1254 and counting ( All Age pts acquired)

THREE DOGS in the RHOF- all females, 80 qualifications for the Nationals, 12 Finalists, Lanse has qualified,run, and finished more Nationals than any other amateur in the sport. Lanse has also been a National Amateur judge

I could go on about Lanse but he is an eccentric, sometimes loud, sometimes controversial...but he is also one straight shooter and one heck of a dog person and a friend to retriever enthusiasts from coast to coast
    Bon, I Couldn't agree with you more re Lanse Brown. I had the priviledge of spending time with Lanse at his gracious invitation this Winter. He is definitely a maverick and an eccentric person. Without question his number 1 priority is the dogs. His knowledge and concern for the dogs and dog games is top rate. What that man knows about bird placement and test design should be distilled into a beverage and shared with everyone judging FT's today
    I thouroughly enjoyed every second with him and state unequivically that our sport is much the better for his presence. He could care less about being inducted into the HOF, and I think that also speaks positively for his inclusion in same.

I also think that Mary Howley belongs in the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post

I also think that Mary Howley belongs in the HOF
    I didnt realize she wasnt in the RHOF...that lady has overseen the breeding of more champions and National champions than anyone on record..a very worthy nominee, well overdue

Votes are Mary Howley and Bill Hillmann. Dog FC AFC Hawkeyes Dandy

How does the admission process work?

Is the person and/or dogs garnering the most votes for nomination necessarily even considered by those with the final say.

No, you say ? Then what does your vote mean ?

john
    "i guess the old saying 'those of us that think we know everything annoy those of you that does' " --bobbyb 9/13/06

"A Good Dog is a Good Dog"

Thank you everyone who are voting for FC-NAFC Rebel Chief of Heber.

The dog only ran FTs for six years (and only about ten trials a year), and was always amateur-owner handled, never by a professional. Yet he accumulated 173 AA points, 22 AA wins, and won two double-headers. He qualified for five consecutive NatOpens and was a finalist twice. He qualified for six consecutive NatAms and won in 1965.

This was a San Jose, California dog. One wonders where are all the California FTers in support of him? Time to stand up and be heard.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by john fallon View Post
    How does the admission process work?

Is the person and/or dogs garnering the most votes for nomination necessarily even considered by those with the final say.

No, you say ? Then what does your vote mean ?

john
    thats the 64 million dollar question, I highlighted the criteria as it appears on my ballot but it get pretty secretive after the first round, but based on what is printed it looks like Dr Aycock has a vote since he was a past president...do you have a vote John ? I dont want to see who voted for whom but I would like to see how many total votes were tabulated and who received how many.....

I would throw three other names out there that deserves serious consideration for the RHOF.....Ray Goodrich , and the late Anthony "Tony " Snow, and Leonard Ferrucci