The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales Of The Cocktail Convention

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post
    I would have thought you were more tolerant. It's not like they were going to bite
    Not willing to take that chance!!! These are militants!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Hats off to the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce for creating a Distrillery/Spirits convention that was open to the public!

Just about all the major liquor companies where there bring with them the top mixoligist from around the country. The public could buy passes to the exhibits/parties they wanted to attend. I was able the get a Media Pass which got me into just about all the events.

All the major French Quarter restaurants were full as well as all the hotels. A great way to escape the brutal summer heat!

I'm not a Gin drinker but my favorite was a Bombay Gin Fizz with fresh pomogranite, celantro and lemon!
    My head hurts just reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Noel View Post

My head hurts just reading this.
    Surprisingly I have NO hangover, must be the quality of the booze!

I met up with some of my old work crew at the Sazerac where we each had a Sazerac at the Sazerac Official Drink ceremony.

Then I we went it seach of the Grey Goose hospitality area at the Monteleone Hotel but, on the way we got sidetracked by the big Bombay exhibit, Had two drinks there then on to get something to eat at Johnny's Po Boys since all the restaurants were full. Then we stumbled onto the Cointreau area which after drinking a few Cointreau/tequilla drinks, I was almost done!
    Lots of folks from out of town as this event is growing every year and is on the verge of becoming a huge tourist event. Great way for the liquor comapnies to get folks to sample thier product, so the major distrilleries are 100% behind it.
    I may go back tonight and find that Grey Goose exhibit !

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun..._daiquiri.html
    Drinking in New Orleans link...an awesome daiquiri recipe.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-10-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Surprisingly I have NO hangover, must be the quality of the booze!

I met up with some of my old work crew at the Sazerac where we each had a Sazerac at the Sazerac Official Drink ceremony.

Then I we went it seach of the Grey Goose hospitality area at the Monteleone Hotel but, on the way we got sidetracked by the big Bombay exhibit, Had two drinks there then on to get something to eat at Johnny's Po Boys since all the restaurants were full. Then we stumbled onto the Cointreau area which after drinking a few Cointreau/tequilla drinks, I was almost done!
    Lots of folks from out of town as this event is growing every year and is on the verge of becoming a huge tourist event. Great way for the liquor comapnies to get folks to sample thier product, so the major distrilleries are 100% behind it.
    I may go back tonight and find that Grey Goose exhibit !

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayun..._daiquiri.html
    Drinking in New Orleans link...an awesome daiquiri recipe.
    That sounds like the 8am-9am shift of a football pre-game at the ATO house in Columbus.....I am not the same man now that I was then