The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For those feeling the pinch in these trying times....

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    dnf, and Roger Perry, I didn't label either of you anything, I didn't even dispute the title of conservative you applied to yourself, dnf. Although I'm sure I'm not the only one who wonders why whenever anyone (not just me) posts anything negative about Obongo and minions wasteful spending/buffoonery/inept bumbling both of you go back and start trashing Bush. Bush is the reason both of you voted for Obongo and you won, you got your man, now enjoy him: the good and the bad.
    That was not directed at you. I just wonder where was the outrage when this spending was going on for the past 8 years? It makes me wonder of the sincerity of it all, since it just popped up since January? Makes me wonder if its not just partisan politics? I give credit and blame where its' due, not just along party lines. For example, (if I may make a point) Laura Bush spent just under $500,000 on china for the white house. I don't care to pick on her, she's honorable, and just doing what every first lady since Jackie O has done. But I wonder why just now, there's indignation at such spending? me thinks its partisan. And that's fine.

I find it interesting, that just because I call W on his irresponsible massive expansion of the federal gov't and spending, like a good conservative should....I was informed in your post that I voted for Obama???? News to me, and I thought I pulled the curtain closed when I voted my secret ballot. Guess someone was peeking, although they didn't get an accurate look.

cheers,
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    For example, (if I may make a point) Laura Bush spent just under $500,000 on china for the white house. I don't care to pick on her, she's honorable, and just doing what every first lady since Jackie O has done. But I wonder why just now, there's indignation at such spending? me thinks its partisan. And that's fine.
    Given that not one thin dime of public money was spent on the China I don't know what there is to be indignant about.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

It goes without saying that each new administration is faced with handling the baggage of the previous administration. At some point, however, each administration must begin to take responsibility for whether its actions were change for the better or for the worse.

I've noted people complain that O is responsible for the $multi-billion bailouts/stimulus. Others counter with the refrain that Bush had already started down that path. No real change there? Seems like if either of them is right, so is the other. If the concept is not useful, both are guilty of the same sin.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    If the concept is not useful, both are guilty of the same sin.
    Certainly gets my vote......... (stimulus/bailouts) trillions > billions
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I just wonder where was the outrage when this spending was going on for the past 8 years?
    We do not have to post our outrage on the WWW - but we were unhappy with the Irresponsibility. So here's what we did -

LOWERED or STOPPED OUR DONATION LEVEL TO ANY NATIONAL COMMITTEE -

ANSWERED THOSE FUND RAISING LETTERS WITH SNARLY COMMENTS ABOUT THEIR SPENDING - Hoping for a Change in their habits!!

BUT STILL VOTED R BECAUSE AS BAD AS THEY ARE THEY ARE STILL BETTER THAN WHAT THE OTHER SIDE OFFERED -

But this time our guy (Congressman RINDIP), a member of the gang of 8 will just not get anything - especially our vote. As he represents no one but himself.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I am getting ready for the bailout of Cali-forn-E-a They have no money yet spent 1.4 mil on Jacko's funeral.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I am getting ready for the bailout of Cali-forn-E-a They have no money yet spent 1.4 mil on Jacko's funeral.
    Have you seen that they're paying contractors and creditors with IOUs now? Some banks are refusing them, as would I. I might take one as a souvenir.

Anything from traffic tickets, to taxes, to fishing licenses should be paid for with IOUs from the citizens, just to be fair.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

why are we wasting all these tax dollars on her??? I want my money back.

WAIT,WAIT !!!!!!
    I understand that when she went to russia she had a $6,000 alligator clutch purse. Don't be raising to much hell cause guess who got alligators ? Me,thank you !!!