The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Makes Perfect Sense!!

Default Makes Perfect Sense!!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-redblue_N.htm

I especially like this part;

"Counties that supported Obama last year have reaped twice as much money per person from the administration's $787 billion economic stimulus package as those that voted for his Republican rival, Sen. John McCain, a USA TODAY analysis of government disclosure and accounting records shows. That money includes aid to repair military bases, improve public housing and help students pay for college.

The reports show the 872 counties that supported Obama received about $69 per person, on average. The 2,234 that supported McCain received about $34. "

Can't wait to see the "spin," and what Snopes says!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washing...-redblue_N.htm

I especially like this part;

"Counties that supported Obama last year have reaped twice as much money per person from the administration's $787 billion economic stimulus package as those that voted for his Republican rival, Sen. John McCain, a USA TODAY analysis of government disclosure and accounting records shows. That money includes aid to repair military bases, improve public housing and help students pay for college.

The reports show the 872 counties that supported Obama received about $69 per person, on average. The 2,234 that supported McCain received about $34. "

Can't wait to see the "spin," and what Snopes says!!
    As the story says, "The imbalance didn't start with the stimulus. From 2005 through 2007, the counties that later voted for Obama collected about 50% more government aid than those that supported McCain, according to spending reports from the U.S. Census Bureau. " I just surprised they could find that many counties that supported McCain.

The article also stated:

The imbalance didn't start with the stimulus. From 2005 through 2007, the counties that later voted for Obama collected about 50% more government aid than those that supported McCain, according to spending reports from the U.S. Census Bureau. USA TODAY's review did not include Alaska, which does not report its election results by county.
    I might have to agree with the article that the administration isn't yet organized enough to apply "scalpel-like" precision like this. However, if we presume that O was favored in the election by areas with lower income and/or more government subsidies already, then the fact that government funds continue to flow to these same areas is not surprising. Congress shouldn't be let off the hook for the pork it inserted into the legislation, and undoubtedly has influence over where these funds are going.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I just surprised they could find that many counties that supported McCain.
    That's funny.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As the story says, "The imbalance didn't start with the stimulus. From 2005 through 2007, the counties that later voted for Obama collected about 50% more government aid than those that supported McCain, according to spending reports from the U.S. Census Bureau. " I just surprised they could find that many counties that supported McCain.

Shocking! You mean to tell me that places where they are heavy on government handouts and subsidies voted for obongo?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Shocking! You mean to tell me that places where they are heavy on government handouts and subsidies voted for obongo?
    Yeeeeesss! With the salaries the White House is passing out I have hit on a new lucrative career for myself. Not even the omnipotent Yardley has recognized the possibilities......Czar for the Reelection of Obongo and all Dems or C-ROD for short. C-ROD will be a life time position as 8 years from now the US Military, short of funds and manpower, would be overwhelmed by ACORN upon attempting to enter the White House and throw his ass out in the middle of the night. Barry will outlive me, so this is a lifetime career change......wonder if I can get some 'technical water' set up in the 'rose garden'? HEW, BBG and several others (not KJrice...too radical), ya'll are welcome to come and train. Think I can get you some RV space in front of the Lincoln Memorial
    Last edited by dback; 07-10-2009 at 09:39 AM. Reason: x
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech