The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G W Bush back in the news

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Ancient history? Not if illegal policies are still in effect. Dems or repubs aren't immune from power grabbing, and I'm tired of seeing the Constitution being eroded.

You're right about not having independent folks...after Gonzales et al selectively fired US Attorneys who weren't going after democrats with enough vim. If you think letting people politicize the justice department, and dismantle the Bill of Rights is "ancient history" that needs to be swept under the oval office rug......we're in BIG trouble.
    US Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President, IGs do not, there is a huge difference. So you are calling for major investigations here, if some Bush hold over US Attorney doesn't go after Bush's guys with enough "vim" should Obomo keep them in place or fire them? If Obomo fires some Attorneys I'm sure you will be equalled outraged?

We're in BIG trouble cause some morons who voted for Hope and Change are willing to drool over one hand investigating Bush while the other goes ten steps further to erode the constitution.

As to the original question:
    Why would these people refuse to be questioned? Couldn't be they did anything illegal could it?

Maybe they had better things to do than let someone go on a fishing expedition into their past. Scooter Libby can probably relate to that. 200 people interviewed and the story is 6 didn't interview. Guess they didn't get a whole hell of alot out of the other 200 or that might have been the story.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    US Attorneys serve at the pleasure of the President, IGs do not, there is a huge difference. So you are calling for major investigations here, if some Bush hold over US Attorney doesn't go after Bush's guys with enough "vim" should Obomo keep them in place or fire them? If Obomo fires some Attorneys I'm sure you will be equalled outraged?

I would expect him to fire incompetent attorneys. Not just REPUBLICAN attorneys because they would not go after republicans and insert democratic attorneys to do his dirty work.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post

We're in BIG trouble cause some morons who voted for Hope and Change are willing to drool over one hand investigating Bush while the other goes ten steps further to erode the constitution.

As to the original question:
    Why would these people refuse to be questioned? Couldn't be they did anything illegal could it?

Maybe they had better things to do than let someone go on a fishing expedition into their past. Scooter Libby can probably relate to that. 200 people interviewed and the story is 6 didn't interview. Guess they didn't get a whole hell of alot out of the other 200 or that might have been the story.
    Ditto to Perry's reply. That answered that perfectly. The justice dept has always been held above politics until last regime. Now we hear Bush was encouraging a near-comatose Ashcroft to renew wiretapping policies, prior to the dems caving in and granting legislation. ALL americans, not just dems or reps should be outraged at that. Now we're hearing our new CIA director didn't even know the extent of covert programs? Thank God that's over....but yes, we have more power-grabbing to guard against.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The justice dept has always been held above politics until last regime.
    LMAO. Dude. Really. Were you aware that Atty. General Bobby Kennedy was President John F. Kennedy's brother? Perhaps you've heard of Watergate? Iran-Contra? Maybe google "Clinton fires 93 US Attorneys."
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    LMAO. Dude. Really. Were you aware that Atty. General Bobby Kennedy was President John F. Kennedy's brother? Perhaps you've heard of Watergate? Iran-Contra? Maybe google "Clinton fires 93 US Attorneys."
    oh boy, where to start....

Do you think the justice dept curried favor with Nixon??

Presidents can appoint federal prosecutors, and usually do, in batches when they take office. Not selectively and punitevely, for not selectively prosecuting thy opponent!

It's ok to control lady justice, disregard congress, and conduct operations counter to the bill of rights......so long as we don't mind living under a King again. Our executive branch has notoriously grabbed power whenever , however it could. All presidents are guilty of that. The last one, made no bones at all about skirting congress, and rewriting rules that have been in place for decades to protect us. This one will too. At least try. Congress needs to grow a pair and stand up for their branch of our gov't.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It's ok to control lady justice, disregard congress, and conduct operations counter to the bill of rights......so long as we don't mind living under a King again.
    I don't recall saying that. Even if that's what I wrote or believed, does that somehow give you an excuse to say whatever you want, whether factual or not, in rebuttal? In your zeal to seemingly trash all things Bush or even conservative (aside from the aspects of conservatism that protect your wallet and the prodigious taxes you've often reminded us that you pay) you seem to have a habit of extemporaneously throwing a bunch of fantasmic crap up against a wall to see what sticks. The notion that politics has never been a consideration in the Justice Dept. until Bush is just the latest in what's becoming an ever-increasing list.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I don't recall saying that. Even if that's what I wrote or believed, does that somehow give you an excuse to say whatever you want, whether factual or not, in rebuttal? In your zeal to seemingly trash all things Bush or even conservative (aside from the aspects of conservatism that protect your wallet and the prodigious taxes you've often reminded us that you pay) you seem to have a habit of extemporaneously throwing a bunch of fantasmic crap up against a wall to see what sticks. The notion that politics has never been a consideration in the Justice Dept. until Bush is just the latest in what's becoming an ever-increasing list.
    You didn't say that. I did.

You have turned this very personal, and as such, I am ending my participation in this discussion with you rather than return personal attacks. That is not why I joined the RTF.

I am always happy to discuss dogs, or civil politics, and you have the last word on this one.

No hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post

HEW go to your room....you were mean...

LOL.......

OH Lord....please let 777 be a Big 10 football fan...... I'll be able to afford a 'Grady' pup when my Orville Redenbacher stock sky-rockets.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Banned

And to think I didn't like the Bush administration:

Doug Thompson

Bush & Cheney are traitors: Treat them as such
    July 13, 2009 - 7:13am. Forgive and forget my ass. It's time to investigate, prosecute and jail former President George W. Bush, former Veep Dick Cheney and other co-conspirators of the most corrupt, scandal-ridden administration in history.
    Revelations over the weekend that Bush's domestic spying program was more widespread and illegal than previously thought and confirmation that Cheney ordered the CIA to lie to Congress are more than just the final nails in that administration's coffin. They are proof positive that Bush and his cronies routinely ignored the law and shredded the Constitution.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/18720

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/18717
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 07-13-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    LOL.......

OH Lord....please let 777 be a Big 10 football fan...... I'll be able to afford a 'Grady' pup when my Orville Redenbacher stock sky-rockets.
    Sorry to disappoint....when I left College Station, we'd just played the Cotton Bowl, and I vowed not to let College Football rule my life. Took the 12-steps, and am too afraid of relapsing!