The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

View Poll Results: Obama's pitch tonight will be:

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • He makes a manly throw right down the pipe

2 10.53%
  • He throws like Little Richard...the ball will be green with grass stains as it crosses plate

17 89.47%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's pitch

Default Obama's pitch

The Bamster's going to be tossing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. On the one hand, he's a baller, and since basketball is a sport that requires a lot of athleticism, I'm thinking he's gonna throw a heater right down the middle. On the other hand, during the primaries he rolled a 37 and looked like a newborn fawn with a bowling ball glued to its hoof. A 37?!?*** So there's an equally good chance he might three-hop it to the catcher.

(***Note - for our resident Ivy Leaguer, bowling is a sport us blue collar, proletariat types like to play. It doesn't require much skill to be proficient at, you can drink a lot of beer while playing, and it's inside in a comfortable climate. FYI, 37 is not very good. Someone with a blood alcohol content of .37 should be able to roll a 37...while flat on their back while paramedics insert stomach pumps down their throat.)
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

You should include a Mark Mallory special. About 15 seconds into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC1dLxYwWJc
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    The Bamster's going to be tossing out the ceremonial first pitch tonight. On the one hand, he's a baller, and since basketball is a sport that requires a lot of athleticism, I'm thinking he's gonna throw a heater right down the middle. On the other hand, during the primaries he rolled a 37 and looked like a newborn fawn with a bowling ball glued to its hoof. A 37?!?*** So there's an equally good chance he might three-hop it to the catcher.

(***Note - for our resident Ivy Leaguer, bowling is a sport us blue collar, proletariat types like to play. It doesn't require much skill to be proficient at, you can drink a lot of beer while playing, and it's inside in a comfortable climate. FYI, 37 is not very good. Someone with a blood alcohol content of .37 should be able to roll a 37...while flat on their back while paramedics insert stomach pumps down their throat.)
    I'm inclined to agree...since he does have some athleticism...at least on the roundball court. I'd think he will throw it directly to the catcher, primarily because he's been practicing that distance for a week.

Kinda like country music, bowling is for us rednecks; don't see many blacks involved. Come to think of it, it's sort of a parallel of what Bill Russell called "white-man's disease"...namely we white folk can't jump...black folk can't bowl. Too difficult to stay outa the alleys.

UB

PS FWIW, I B bettin' on the American league.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

considering that at last years American League Championships he threw out an opening pitch...which while wasnt pretty or even what you would call a "heater" or hell even a strike..it did reach the plate without hitting anything on the way.

So I give him a better than average chance to repeat the feat.

Now if his political ideas and implamintation of them could only repeat this same flow...as in NOT HIT EVERYTHING on the way to HOME....ahhhhhh who am I kidding...

wouldnt want change anyways, I like(d) the USA regards,

NCA

On the ASSumption that I'm the "resident Ivy Leaguer", I will admit that I have never bowled better than 245. However, my father bowled three 300 games (one in a tournament) in his life and brought home a number of trophies. To be fair I would also have to admit that a 37 might look like a good stretch target if tried to bowl again. Drinking would almost certainly improve my score. I'm definitely willing to try a few games if we ever meet in person. Maybe we should each bring a case.

Both sides can make a claim. He got it to the catcher nicely but he does throw like a girl.

I'm definitely willing to try a few games if we ever meet in person. Maybe we should each bring a case.
    Sounds like fun. You bring the Rolling Rock with the .75 cent per bottle recycling deposit and I'll bring the PBR cans that we can just crush against our foreheads when empty and chuck 'em out the truck window on the ride home.

The "Odd Couple" theme song keeps running through my head.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Obama throws the ball like a girl!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Both sides can make a claim. He got it to the catcher nicely but he does throw like a girl.

Sounds like fun. You bring the Rolling Rock with the .75 cent per bottle recycling deposit and I'll bring the PBR cans that we can just crush against our foreheads when empty and chuck 'em out the truck window on the ride home.

The "Odd Couple" theme song keeps running through my head.
    That was funnY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE][namely we white folk can't jump...black folk can't bowl/QUOTE]

On the ASSumption that I'm the "resident Ivy Leaguer", I will admit that I have never bowled better than 245
    Jeff you must be lilly white

I think Obama will drill it.

Pete

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Why did they have to waste time interviewing Fearless leader when there was a ball game on? Glad I have a mute button.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!