The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: You can't make this stuff up <GDG>

Default You can't make this stuff up <GDG>

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

"These poor snakes found themselves in an unfortunate situation and should be treated as humanely as possible".

I'm thinking that my Rewmington SP10 with the newly fitted belt feed (in preparation for the 2009 Master National in Tejas) is prolly as humane as any.

Hands in the air you snake looking rascal regards

Bubba
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

I hate snakes. I understand the ecological importance of them but I still can do without the poisonous and non-native ones. May them meet the business end of my Extrema.

I think a quick death to them all is dealing with them "in the most humane way possible." Maybe PETA could go out and try to hamanely capture them and end up like the 2 year old.
    Dan Boerboon

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do nothing about them. Albert Einstein

Those without dreams won't go the extra mile

the python is an invasive species in Florida and needs to be eliminated, even though its theoretically impossible. an invasive species will upset the ecological balance because in this case the python has no natural enemies, and if unchecked will eventually eliminate another species that it uses as a food source
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

100,000 pythons estimated to be in the Everglades so breeding populations have already been established. Once again PETA has their agenda all messed up. Regardless of whether a ban is in place or not, the critters are breeding and their population will continue to grow unchecked as long as the food resources remain high.
    Mike Boufford

Home to:
    UH HRCH Blue Sky's Carolina Contessa (500 Point Club)
    HRCH Firestorm Black on the Inside

UH HRCH MarshQurls Thunderfoot Jake SH (660 lifetime points) 2/24/02 - 12/11/08

"The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves." George Washington 1776

First, this just shows you the stupidity and ignorance of the people who run PETA. If they really wanted to help, they'd go after the exotic animal trade itself. It's the idiot losers (and it seems they are always losers living in their mothers' basements that have the things) who buy pythons and other exotic reptiles. Then, when the things get too big to handle and/or feed, these morons let them go like nothing could go wrong. Does no one remember the python in the trailer park in Florida that was eating the neighborhood dogs and cats? As I recall, it took a dozen officers to carry out the snake that was living under a trailer. If the Florida legislature had any sense, they would pass a resolution right away allowing the hunting/eradication of any non-indigenous snake/reptile species.