The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotomayor Dodging Questions on Gun Ownership

Default Sotomayor Dodging Questions on Gun Ownership

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl699

Here is the wise Lataina dodging gun ownership questions. I'll bet that wise Latina doesn't understand nor likes guns in general. Afterall, she is wiser than white men according to her.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

We are in trouble with this idiot!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    We are in trouble with this idiot!
    Just is just a hunch...based on nothing, but I bet she gets her confirmation, and ends up much more conservative than anyone imagined! I'll bet she will be to Obama what Souter was to Bush, and the dems will be surprised and disappointed.

People change when they put on that black robe. Its happened many times before.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Just is just a hunch...based on nothing, but I bet she gets her confirmation, and ends up much more conservative than anyone imagined! I'll bet she will be to Obama what Souter was to Bush, and the dems will be surprised and disappointed.

People change when they put on that black robe. Its happened many times before.
    I suspect that you are right on criminal law cases. On gun ownership I suspect that her opinions will mirror those of her predecessor.

From the NY Times:
    Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah, questioned Judge Sotomayor about an unsigned decision from a three-judge panel she joined in 2004. The decision rejected a drug dealer’s Second Amendment challenge to a law making it a crime for illegal immigrants to possess guns. The ruling was in a footnote, and it quoted an earlier decision of the appeals court saying that “the right to possess a gun is clearly not a fundamental right.”
    Judge Sotomayor defended her panel’s ruling. The decision had used the word “fundamental” as a legal term of art rather than in the colloquial sense, she said. In any event, she went on, the decision predated the Supreme Court’s decision last year that first found that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to own guns.
    That decision, District of Columbia v. Heller, struck down parts of the District of Columbia’s gun-control law. Even the Heller decision, Judge Sotomayor continued, warming to the task, did not suggest that every gun law is unconstitutional.
    Judge Sotomayor also defended a decision she joined in January refusing to apply Heller’s holding, which concerned a federal law, to a New York law banning the possession of a martial arts weapon. The question of whether the right identified in Heller applies to the states has divided the federal appeals courts and is likely to reach the Supreme Court soon
    =====
    "banning a martial arts weapon" ... a far cry from an assault rifle or an Uzi.

Another interesting thought from the hearings yesterday. If a "wise Latina woman" can render better decisions than a white male, then what of the fact that so many of our Supremes have been white males. Those very people have made some decisions that have been very wise. If we accept that one's gender or ethnicity will influence decisions, I think we step into some murky waters. The rule of law should supercede the rule of one person's ethnicity or gender.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl699

Here is the wise Lataina dodging gun ownership questions. I'll bet that wise Latina doesn't understand nor likes guns in general. Afterall, she is wiser than white men according to her.
    Per my Organizational Behavior 8th edition textbook required for Organizational Theory, deflecting questions is an unethical behavior along with 9 other behaviors including lying.

So, can she be disbarred for her unethical behavior in deflecting questions?

If people would just report behaviors to the proper agencies, and the agencies actually enforce their ethics laws, then we wouldn't have near as many problems.

Case in point, look at the first 3 minutes of Senator Coburn's questioning at the bottom of this page:

http://republican.senate.gov/supremecourt/

A simple "Yes or No" question was asked, and anything else is deflecting the question. She should be sent to her BAR on ethical charges, and elliminated from being a Judge.

This stuff isn't so hard.
    Last edited by Terry Britton; 07-15-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Unfortunately, since the Bork hearings, appointees are coached to reveal absolutely nothing regardless of the questions asked. To hear Roberts testify during his confirmation hearings you would have to believe that he had no opinions on any issue that has ever or will ever come before the court and that there are no circumstances in which he would overturn and clear precedent. And those memos he wrote for Reagan, as well as his employment questionnaire were obviously written by a person with no relationship to the man nominated. Obviously neither is even remotely close to the truth. Alito was a little more open, but not much. Overall, my impression is that Sotomayor has been a little more forthcoming than either Roberts or Alito, but the margin is slim. I'm not happy with that any more than I was happy with the approach followed in prior hearings. However, the only way she will not be nominated is if she says something concrete that provides more ammunition against her. She will try hard not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Per my Organizational Behavior 8th edition textbook required for Organizational Theory, deflecting questions is an unethical behavior along with 9 other behaviors including lying.

So, can she be disbarred for her unethical behavior in deflecting questions?

If people would just report behaviors to the proper agencies, and the agencies actually enforce their ethics laws, then we wouldn't have near as many problems.

Case in point, look at the first 3 minutes of Senator Coburn's questioning at the bottom of this page:

http://republican.senate.gov/supremecourt/

A simple "Yes or No" question was asked, and anything else is deflecting the question. She should be sent to her BAR on ethical charges, and elliminated from being a Judge.

This stuff isn't so hard.
    I have a textbook on Organizational Behavior...but I can never remember where I put it.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Unfortunately, since the Bork hearings, appointees are coached to reveal absolutely nothing regardless of the questions asked. To hear Roberts testify during his confirmation hearings you would have to believe that he had no opinions on any issue that has ever or will ever come before the court and that there are no circumstances in which he would overturn and clear precedent. And those memos he wrote for Reagan, as well as his employment questionnaire were obviously written by a person with no relationship to the man nominated. Obviously neither is even remotely close to the truth. Alito was a little more open, but not much. Overall, my impression is that Sotomayor has been a little more forthcoming than either Roberts or Alito, but the margin is slim. I'm not happy with that any more than I was happy with the approach followed in prior hearings. However, the only way she will not be nominated is if she says something concrete that provides more ammunition against her. She will try hard not to do that.
    Jeff, there's no need for questioning and reviewing records....you can just "look into their eyes, and see what kind of heart they have".

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Jeff, there's no need for questioning and reviewing records....you can just "look into their eyes, and see what kind of heart they have".
    My instincts tell me that heart is black when it comes to Anglo-America. She could help Obama secure longterm power beyond the two term limit by helping him make citizens out of 25 million illegal immigrents. This is a smart Latina woman and she is going to implement her personal agenda, the continued browning of the USA.

They will try and disarm citizens before they try to re-educate them.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-15-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge