The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sotomayor Dodging Questions on Gun Ownership

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    My instincts tell me that heart is black when it comes to Anglo-America. She could help Obama secure longterm power beyond the two term limit by helping him make citizens out of 25 million illegal immigrents. This is a smart Latina woman and she is going to implement her personal agenda, the continued browning of the USA.

They will try and disarm citizens before they try to re-educate them.
    Franco,
    You may be right, but for all our sakes, I hope you're wrong. I'm not so sure she's going to be pro-amnesty or pro-illegal immigration. Living in El Paso for several years taught me that some of the most stringent opponents to illegal immigration are the LEGAL hispanic immigrants, who worked for their positions and pay taxes, etc... Hopefully she'll be in that camp, but I don't pretend to know. I just have an unfounded hunch, that she will be far more conservative than anyone predicts once she dons that robe.

Our country will survive. It may change, but it has changed before, and with EVERY change, people predicted doom and gloom, but we survive.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I don't think there is any doubt that she would be for amnesty. Remember, she claims to be a wise Latina woman. She is not going to send anyone back home. There will also be waves of new ethnic immigration. In the 60's it was the Cubans, 70's the Vietnamesse, the 80's Iranians, 90's latins from all countries south of the boarder. Now we are going to have to support thousand of Haitins and Africans wanting to come here.

We just can't continue to take people in and support them. It is crazy; economic and cultural suicide.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-15-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I don't think there is any doubt that she would be for amnesty. Remember, she claims to be a wise Latina woman. She is not going to send anyone back home. There will also be waves of new ethnic immigration. In the 60's it was the Cubans, 70's the Vietnamesse, the 80's Iranians, 90's latins from all countries south of the boarder. Now we are going to have to support thousand of Haitins and Africans wanting to come here.

We just can't continue to take people in and support them. It is crazy; economic and cultural suicide.
    So true. I hate the argument that "your anscestors immigrated"....well, yeah, and America had 20 million people then, millions of acres of undisturbed wilderness, and jobs for anyone willing to pick up a shovel. Ain't so today! We're full!!

I can't see how anyone of any political persuasion can not be for secure borders, and limited, selected immigration policy. You're right, it's cultural suicide.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So true. I hate the argument that "your anscestors immigrated"....well, yeah, and America had 20 million people then, millions of acres of undisturbed wilderness, and jobs for anyone willing to pick up a shovel. Ain't so today! We're full!!

I can't see how anyone of any political persuasion can not be for secure borders, and limited, selected immigration policy. You're right, it's cultural suicide.
    Our government could afford to be wreckless back when we had unlimited resources. Today, our out-of-control immigration is a downward spiral.

In fact, everything seems to be out-of-control. That's because we have become a sedated nation. Just look at what we accomplished from 1941-45. We, as a people today could never do anyhting near that remarkable. We've catered to the weakminded politicians for way too long and have let the media corrupt our culture.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I just have an unfounded hunch, that she will be far more conservative than anyone predicts once she dons that robe.
    By your definition or by Franco's definition or by my definition?

Inquiring minds breathlessly await.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Ya know what's scary ,i mean really scary ? that goof ball from SNL al frakken questioning her about PERRY MASON!!! here they are questioning her about gun control, abortion, the constitution of the united states and HE wants to know what was HER favorite episode !!! dishearting at best. talk about stuck on stupid
    Last edited by bobbyb; 07-15-2009 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    By your definition or by Franco's definition or by my definition?

Inquiring minds breathlessly await.
    Probably like Goldilocks, wouldn't you imagine? This is to cold, this is to hot, this is just right. In reverse order of course, or somrhting like it. Have a cookie and a glass of warm milk and go to bed. It'll all be over in the morning.

PS. Don't hold your breath...

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Unfortunately, since the Bork hearings, appointees are coached to reveal absolutely nothing regardless of the questions asked. To hear Roberts testify during his confirmation hearings you would have to believe that he had no opinions on any issue that has ever or will ever come before the court and that there are no circumstances in which he would overturn and clear precedent. And those memos he wrote for Reagan, as well as his employment questionnaire were obviously written by a person with no relationship to the man nominated. Obviously neither is even remotely close to the truth. Alito was a little more open, but not much. Overall, my impression is that Sotomayor has been a little more forthcoming than either Roberts or Alito, but the margin is slim. I'm not happy with that any more than I was happy with the approach followed in prior hearings. However, the only way she will not be nominated is if she says something concrete that provides more ammunition against her. She will try hard not to do that.
    Then unfortunately, I would have to deny any of those appointees on unethical behavior.

Of course, I would like those in the Senate and Congress to uphold the same ethical standard that Dr. Tom Coburn upholds. He has to keep that high ethical standard or loose his medical license over ethical issues. Too bad the BAR associations don't enforce all of the ethical standards such as the "Deflection" or "Lying". I think Obama would be disbarred on the no more taxes statements during his campaign if they were to uphold ethical standards.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

From her answers so far I take it she is a strict constitutionalist and probably at least as conservative as Scalia, no need for worry here.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

...but I bet she gets her confirmation, and ends up much more conservative than anyone imagined! I'll bet she will be to Obama what Souter was to Bush, and the dems will be surprised and disappointed...
    And you base this on what?

She is an extreme lefty. nothing she has ever done, according to information provided and pubished reports, shows she will be naything other than an extreme lefty.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.