The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: GOP decides ‘It’s the economy’ for 2010

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Unlike now, where we look real good!!
    Especially after the apology tour!!
    That's a matter of opinion, we can gracefully disagree upon.

I'm at least happy now, as are many other Americans, that we don't find ourselves 'cringing' every time our president travels abroad, wondering if he's going say something stupid, trash etiquette, or otherwise be a poor reflection on our good people. It got embarrassing to hear people laughing in the audience....when he wasn't telling jokes.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    That's a matter of opinion, we can gracefully disagree upon.

I'm at least happy now, as are many other Americans, that we don't find ourselves 'cringing' every time our president travels abroad, wondering if he's going say something stupid, trash etiquette, or otherwise be a poor reflection on our good people. It got embarrassing to hear people laughing in the audience....when he wasn't telling jokes.
    UHHH....Graceful is a word scarcely used in defining me.
    Thank you!!

I guess I should bow to you??
    Or give you a CD set?
    Or ..... never mind, if you are proud good for you.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    UHHH....Graceful is a word scarcely used in defining me.
    Thank you!!

I guess I should bow to you??
    Or give you a CD set?
    Or ..... never mind, if you are proud good for you.
    Dont forget the, I'll see your CD set, and raise you a MP3 player....

or the Book signing episode with communists....

NCA

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Angler View Post
    Dont forget the, I'll see your CD set, and raise you a MP3 player....

or the Book signing episode with communists....

NCA
    Yeah that Chavez moment made me proud all-right!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Cool

[QUOTE=dnf777;473893]That's a matter of opinion, we can gracefully disagree upon.

I'm at least happy now, as are many other Americans, that we don't find ourselves 'cringing' every time our president travels abroad, wondering if he's going say something stupid,

I'm sorry maybe you missed the comparison of Israel's occupation of the West Bank to the Holocaust along with the rest of the apology tour.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I actually tend to agree with you on this, although I think one of the major factors was actually the impeachment activity. When Clinton, appropriately in my mind, involved us in Kosuvo, he was uniformly attacked by Republicans who said that he was attempting to manufacture conflicts to bolster his presidency. I think those attacks and the energy and attention that was diverted to defending against the impeachment efforts meant that the White House took its eyes off of terrorism when more attention was needed.
    That's kind of the point made in "Ghost Wars". However it started before the impeachment with the coverup. Bush had to major crisis to deal with during his presidency, 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina/Rita. While I agree that things could have been done better, I personally believe if Louisiana had evacuated when asked it wouldn't have been such a problem. That said people still overlook it was the Largest Disaster Evacuation ever. Considering that it was not something that had ever been planned the evacuation worked. Unfortunately it appears the main source of the problem, communication between the federal, state, and local governments hasn't improved yet. The point being it was a major distraction for the government and President Bush due to the disaster and then the 'governmental review'.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Quote Originally Posted by HuntsmanTollers View Post
    That's kind of the point made in "Ghost Wars". However it started before the impeachment with the coverup. Bush had to major crisis to deal with during his presidency, 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina/Rita. While I agree that things could have been done better, I personally believe if Louisiana had evacuated when asked it wouldn't have been such a problem. That said people still overlook it was the Largest Disaster Evacuation ever. Considering that it was not something that had ever been planned the evacuation worked. Unfortunately it appears the main source of the problem, communication between the federal, state, and local governments hasn't improved yet. The point being it was a major distraction for the government and President Bush due to the disaster and then the 'governmental review'.
    You aren't seriously trying to claim the Bush Administrations handling of Katrina as a success are you???
    Talk about revisionist history!!!

No I didn't say it was a success, I said it was a distraction for the rest of his presidency. There is no doubt the handling of Katrina could have been better. One of the major problems that still has yet to be resolved though is the rights of the state and local government. Under current law the Federal government can't act until the state requests aid. Louisiana delayed in asking for aid. You can focus on the negatives of Katrina or you can focus on what was done well. The news focused on the negative. I choose to focus on the positive. The positive is that the largest non-wartime evacuation in history occurred with no prior planning because no one imagined such a requirement. I think being able to do that in a relatively short time period is something to be proud of. No other country in the world could have done it.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    You aren't seriously trying to claim the Bush Administrations handling of Katrina as a success are you???
    Talk about revisionist history!!!
    Come on Marc, everyone knows the real story. Bush, the white devil, conjured up Katrina so he could get rid of some black people because we all know they vote democrat. Plus, they cost money to support. "OUTRAGE!"

Yessiree, that Katrina was all Bush's fault, not only did he cause it, but once it came ashore with NO notice, he did nothing as it was devouring the city of NOLA. Couldn't he have sent down Air Force One or something, so all those po folks in the projects who had NO warning, could've had a chance? And man, he really missed the boat on the Superdome, he single handedly starved those poor refugees and basically forced them to go out on looting sprees.

And of course Marc, I assume you have Ray Nagin up on the pedestal he deserves for his prompt action and masterful handling of the situation. As the mayor he certainly deserved to have Bush take care of things for him, perhaps that's why he waited so long to do anything. After all don't most mayors feel honored to have the Federal Govt. tell them what to do? Oh, right, it's just federal money they want.

And as for this happyness ray of sunshine from dnf
    I cringe every time I hear of the next planned Apology Tour. How could you NOT be embarrassed by Obongo gifting the Queen of England with an iPod filled with show tunes PLUS inauggeration scenes and Obongo speeches? Or him bowing down to the king of the muzzie world as he gratefully accepts a dookie chain that made him look like a drug dealing pimp? Or glad handing with good buddy Hugo Chavez? Or urging nuclear non proliferation by pledging the U.S. to give up all its nukes? I don't need to 'graciously disagree' with dnf; this president makes a mockery of the office and the nation every time he sets foot on foreign soil.

And Roger "dear"; before I forget...
    Then, dear President said ...

"Dear Leader" and variations are widely known as descriptive of Obongo and Kim Jong-Il...not Bush. I'm sure with your research and vitriolic Bush-hate burning in your brain you can find plenty of descriptive adjectives rather than borrowing from the many more humorous ones Dear Leader has earned so far.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    And Roger "dear"; before I forget...
    [/size]

"Dear Leader" and variations are widely known as descriptive of Obongo and Kim Jong-Il...not Bush. I'm sure with your research and vitriolic Bush-hate burning in your brain you can find plenty of descriptive adjectives rather than borrowing from the many more humorous ones Dear Leader has earned so far.
    You are so right. I should have not called Bush "Dear Leader". There is nothing dear about him.