The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: GOP decides ‘It’s the economy’ for 2010

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    UHHH....Graceful is a word scarcely used in defining me.
    Thank you!!

I guess I should bow to you??
    Or give you a CD set?
    Or ..... never mind, if you are proud good for you.
    I'm ALWAYS proud to be an American! No apologies for that! Not now, not ever!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

thanks Julie! you always seem to sum things up very well!!
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Back to economics. The dems may be able to also decide "its the economy".
    http://www.conference-board.org/pdf_...i/lateness.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm ALWAYS proud to be an American! No apologies for that! Not now, not ever!
    OK, so you are not "EMBARRASSED" now!!

Play word games.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    You aren't seriously trying to claim the Bush Administrations handling of Katrina as a success are you???
    Talk about revisionist history!!!
    FEMA was not prepared for a natural disaster as much as they were prepared for acts of terrorism.

As someone that was living in New Orleans when Katrina hit, I can tell you that what folks saw on TV was a result of the Mayor of New Orleans and our then indecisive Gov.

Though the mayor called for a mandatory evacuation of the city, many ignored him. The mayor aslo had no plans for evacuating the folks that didn't own vehicles and had not preplanned a place to haul them to. Note that over 400 schools buses stood idel and were flooded instead of used to haul the poor.

Gov. Blanco also refused to let Federal help come to the rescue until it was so obvious to everyone that we need Federal help.

So, one can't blame Bush for the aftermath of Katrina.

Blame the Mayor, the Gov., the Corp Of Engineers and Mother Nature for what happened.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    OK, so you are not "EMBARRASSED" now!!

Play word games.
    No games. I am a proud American. History will dictate what type of leader George W. Bush was.

Yeah, I was a little embarrassed, but always proud to be an American.
    No games.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    FEMA was not prepared for a natural disaster as much as they were prepared for acts of terrorism.

As someone that was living in New Orleans when Katrina hit, I can tell you that what folks saw on TV was a result of the Mayor of New Orleans and our then indecisive Gov.

Though the mayor called for a mandatory evacuation of the city, many ignored him. The mayor aslo had no plans for evacuating the folks that didn't own vehicles and had not preplanned a place to haul them to. Note that over 400 schools buses stood idel and were flooded instead of used to haul the poor.

Gov. Blanco also refused to let Federal help come to the rescue until it was so obvious to everyone that we need Federal help.

So, one can't blame Bush for the aftermath of Katrina.

Blame the Mayor, the Gov., the Corp Of Engineers and Mother Nature for what happened.
    Now there is accountability for you. There is no doubt that there is plenty of blame to go around, but to take the position that it is everyone's fault except FEMAs after years of leadership by W is a stretch. According to their website, the primary mission of the Federal Emergency Management Agency is to reduce the loss of life and property and protect the Nation from all hazards, including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters, by leading and supporting the Nation in a risk-based, comprehensive emergency management system of preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation.
    Their primary history has been in dealing with natural disasters hasn't it?.

I suppose W should have left Brownie in there too. I understand he did one heckuva job. That equestrian society job sure did prepare him to handle little old FEMA.
    Last edited by Henry V; 07-21-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: its your guess

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    Now there is accountability for you. There is no doubt that there is plenty of blame to go around, but to take the position that it is everyone's fault except FEMAs after years of leadership by W is a stretch. According to their website, the primary mission of the Federal Emergency Management Agency is to reduce the loss of life and property and protect the Nation from all hazards, including natural disasters, acts of terrorism, and other man-made disasters, by leading and supporting the Nation in a risk-based, comprehensive emergency management system of preparedness, protection, response, recovery, and mitigation.
    Their primary history has been in dealing with natural disasters hasn't it?.

I suppose W should have left Brownie in there too. I understand he did one heckuva job. That equestrian society job sure did prepare him to handle little old FEMA.
    When was the last time over a half-million homes were flooded? Katrina was the largest natural disaster in our history. The Mayor and Gov. were warned of this kind of catistrophic event in 2001, yet they didn't heed the warning.

I'm sure FEMA is much better prepared today to handled a natural disaster of this type and scope.

On a side note; The Corp Of Engineers' MRGO Project is what allowed most of the water to approach the city. No telling how much it will cost to fill-in a ship channel that is 60 miles long and 200 yards wide!
    Last edited by Franco; 07-22-2009 at 08:53 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    When was the last time over a half-million homes were flooded? Katrina was the largest natural disaster in our history. The Mayor and Gov. were warned of this kind of catistrophic event in 2001, yet they didn't heed the warning.

I'm sure FEMA is much better prepared today to handled a natural disaster of this type and scope.

On a side note; The Corp Of Engineers' MRGO Project is what allowed most of the water to approach the city. No telling how much it will cost to fill-in a ship channel that is 60 miles long and 200 yards wide!
    Franco, I do believe from what I am hearing online that the MRGO has been closed and work continues to finish the job.

I went down with the Cajun Navy from Lafayette to pull people out of harms way and this is my take on the catastrophe; Blanco/Nagin were clueless and knew that those left behind were expendable read (homeless,gangstas,chronic porch sitters) they were still going to get their votes no matter what happened. If their decision was wrong both of our fearless leaders knew the national media would also come the their rescue and blame "W" and FEMA which is exactley what happened.

Been There Done That Regards
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Lets cut to the chase, Franco and R Little; what kind of grade would you give FEMA for their handling of Katrina?