The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Economy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I am not touting Obama’s economics, but just what would McCain have done differently? McCain admitted economics was not his strong suit.
    Anyone remember his big flip flop on the economy?
    http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/001032.htm
    McCain was 5th from the bottom of his graduating class of 899 midshipmen. If he did not understand economics, how could he have made a wise choice on how to fix the economy.
    I think if McCain would have been elected President, we would be in worse shape than we are in now.

"The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it. "
    ~ Theodore Roosevelt

And who did Obama surround himself with?

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    I realize what you are getting at but 33 hours is considered full time.
    Its considered full-time for benefits purposes, not paycheck purposes. I'd be one of those statistics if I turned in only 33 chargeable hours/week.

The other aspect is exempt salaried personel. We used to get compensated at a straight time rate for our overtime work, which was voluntary. We are now forced to work 10% - 20% overtime without compensation. So not only are there people not working, some get to work for free!!

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    I realize what you are getting at but 33 hours is considered full time.
    33 is the new 40!!??!!??
    Stan b & Elvis

If he did not understand economics, how could he have made a wise choice on how to fix the economy.
    I think if McCain would have been elected President, we would be in worse shape than we are in now.
    I never though much of McCain, but maybe he would have had the humility to understand that no one person can fix the economy. The only way to rebuild the economy is through the combined efforts of millions of people.

What Barry & most lefties want to do is to attack those who are successful and reward failures. That drags down the economy.

Sooner or later, Atlas will shrug.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

I am not touting Obama’s economics, but ...
    McCain was 5th from the bottom of his graduating class of 899 midshipmen. If he did not understand economics, how could he have made a wise choice on how to fix the economy.
    Well at least McCain's transcripts and degree aren't a state secret like a certain black man living in a White house. We don't even KNOW what kind of grades he made, or who paid his tuition, among many other mysteries.

And, I'm no McCain fan, just as I wasn't a Bush fan but at least they didn't leave policy making in the hands of tax cheats and other assorted losers and Marxists who are determined to take every earned penny from the self sufficient and turn it over to a growing pool of lazy n'er do well leeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Well at least McCain's transcripts and degree aren't a state secret like a certain black man living in a White house. We don't even KNOW what kind of grades he made, or who paid his tuition, among many other mysteries.
    Yes, I am sure it has all been a left wing conspiracy enabled by the liberal media and liberal education system to admit President Obama to Harvard Law school, to head the law review, and teach law at University of Chicago all without transcripts. I am also sure that some left wing radical white man who invested in universal health coverage and a carbon cap and trade scheme paid his tuition and fees. Indeed, where is that birth certificate, drivers license test scores, ACT/SAT scores, GRE scores, and LSAT scores. The public needs to know.

And, I'm no McCain fan, just as I wasn't a Bush fan but at least they didn't leave policy making in the hands of tax cheats and other assorted losers and Marxists who are determined to take every earned penny from the self sufficient and turn it over to a growing pool of lazy n'er do well leeches.
    Do you really want to have this discussion and compare appointees? Let's see we had brownie and scooter and Alberto to start with, and all those industry people running regulatory agencies. Could you also point out the marxists so I can research their backgrounds? Thanks.

Banned

If you want to compare secrets of the Obama administration VS the Bush administration, I will give you a small list of Bush's Executive Previledge orders. Care to comment on them?

Bush has invoked executive privilege in refusing to allow his political adviser, Karl Rove, and his former counsel, Harriet Miers, to testify under oath before a Senate panel about their involvement in the recent firings of eight U.S. attorneys. http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/...onjures_u.html

WASHINGTON (AP) _ President Bush invoked executive privilege to keep Congress from seeing the FBI report of an interview with Vice President Dick Cheney and other records related to the administration's leak of CIA operative Valerie Plame's identity in http://www.newsday.com/news/politics...tics-headlines

President Bush has claimed executive privilege as his reason for denying Henry Waxman's House Oversight and Government Reform Committee access to documents that would prove whether the president pressured the EPA to lower smog standards earlier this year:
    http://www.the-environmentalist.org/...ge-in-epa.html

Bush claims executive privilege on Tillman

The White House in June invoked executive privilege in notifying Waxman and Davis it was withholding some documents.
    http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/82673.html

If you look up the word Executive Previledge in the dictionary you will see:

Last edited by Roger Perry; 07-22-2009 at 03:22 PM.

I am not touting Obama’s economics, but just what would McCain have done differently? McCain admitted economics was not his strong suit.
    Anyone remember his big flip flop on the economy?
    http://www.perrspectives.com/blog/archives/001032.htm

I could give a rats fat rump about McCain he lost. The guy that won said he was going to close gitmo, fix the economy and bring our troops back. Then all that hope and change BS. Dont also tell me that BO is just one guy. He has his nose in everything yet only increased spending.

As for unemployment 1/2 of the folks that are out of work dont want to or unable to perform well enough to hold a job. The St Louis paper runs ads every day for help wanted. I will worry when that page is blank. We now have a decent pool of workers to pick from that have the experiance, skill and talent to do what we ask. We pay union wage or better. I will be hiring 2 or more journeymen when I get back from the beautiful Rocky mountain national forest. Sitting in a lawn chair looking at the last of the snow still left in the mountains regards.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

A riddle....

Who was the only president since Nixon to have a claim of executive privilege overturned by a federal court?

Hint: Roger has a shrine to him in his living room and doesn't find this president's numerous claims of executive privilege to be the least bit disturbing.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    A riddle....

Who was the only president since Nixon to have a claim of executive privilege overturned by a federal court?

Hint: Roger has a shrine to him in his living room and doesn't find this president's numerous claims of executive privilege to be the least bit disturbing.
    Clinton, in the Paula Jones case.