RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Prayers for Bill and Tammy Totten (Benefit/Raffle Info)

24K views 110 replies 59 participants last post by  jgrammer 
#1 · (Edited)
I would like to ask for Prayers to be sent to Bill and Tammy Totten and to the Totten family.

Those who attended the PRTA trail in Twin Bridges this past weekend know that Tammy was rushed down to Salt Lake right before the trial. Tammy has been diagnosed with cancer and it is the late stages. Bill and Tammy and their family could use all your thoughts and prayers at this time.

Bill and Tammy could have cancelled the trial, but chose not to. It was Bill and Tammy wishes that the trail go on and that everyone have a good time.

I would like to take a moment to thank all of those who help with make the trial possible this past weekend.

Mike Heard – stepped in to take over as the Chair - this trial could not have taken place without his help in putting the finishing touches in the organization. Mike also worked very hard out in the field and in making sure all the stakes were up and running.

Julie Heard – who stepped in to marshal – helped with pulling together the equipment , workers coolers, lunches and taking care of so many of the other little details that seem to go unnoticed.

The judges – Tom Brannan, Bob James, Alan Madsen, Shonene Garrison, Maruine Coleman and Bert Huth, for being so understanding and working with the new committee. Bert took the time out to judge on his 50th wedding anniversary.

Bill and Tammy’s family, who traveled many miles to step in and take over the BBQ for the tailgate Friday night for the handlers, their strength in this difficult time was amazing and inspiring.

Cindy Huff- Marshalling the open and staying until the end of the AM so that we could have all the workers needed to finish the trial.

Marylin Braken (SP) - For taking care of the judges when they arrived - and Marshalling the Qual and many other little details at the Qual.

David French, who stopped by to watch the derby and ended up running dead birds and helping with the clean up.

Dave and Mary Lee Hooks – who volunteered and worked all day Saturday on very short notice

Lorna Kolstad – who stepped in and marshaled the derby to make sure that the derby ran smoothly.

John Payne - setting up, tearing down, throwing and shooting flyers, and for putting up with me all weekend long.

To all the pro’s who brought help to work in the field and helped when and where they could.

Thank you to all the handlers – who made an extra effort to work with us and make sure that you were at the stakes when we needed you there.

I hope that I did not miss anyone – if I did please forgive me –
Congratulations to those who placed and finished the trail
And once again please keep Tammy, Bill and their family in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you -
Kerri Payne

See less See more
#2 ·
I want to echo Kerri's remarks. All who pitched in and especially Tammy and Bill's families were fantastic. We all owe them many thanks and we need to keep Tammy in our thoughts and prayers.

#8 ·
Sounds like a lot of wonderful people pulled together to make the best of a really bad situation. America at its best!

Thoughts and prayers from western Pa.

#10 ·
The only ones that Kerri left out that I can think of were John and Kerri Payne. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make this trial happen.
Prayers for Tammy Bill and Sara.
Marie

#28 ·
Kerri and John worked tirelessly to make the trial run smoothly - thanks Marie for remembering them. In addition, I would like to recognize Bill's step brother Larry, who takes care of the dogs on a daily basis. He too pitched in and worked to make the trial go smoothly.

Please remember the Tottens (Bill, Tammy and Sara) in your prayers.

#11 ·
We are an extended family. We were at the Sacramento Valley Trial this weekend and heard the news. It spread quickly and has had an effect on all of us. As many have done, both Steve & I will continue to hold the Totten family in thought and pray for the strength needed at a time like this.

#13 ·
Prayers sent from John and Kathy Baitinger.
Don't know them well, but we met while running Billings FT in Oct. of '06, on the way to a hunting trip in NW MT. I remember them being real quick to make us feel right at home, 2000 miles from home. Real easy to remember real people like that.

#14 ·
I am relatively new to the FT sport but I have to say how impressed I was with the way everyone pulled together at the PRTA trial last weekend. I talked to a lot of people and their genuine concern for Bill and Tammy was very apparent and showed me what a great group of people dog folks are. Prayers sent.

#20 ·
Yup! That's her!
I remember running Willie in the derby. After sitting in the truck for 2000 miles, and the whole time Zeke was running the Q, he was ready to roll. He jumped a ditch on the way to the go-bird flyer, hit the wall on the other side. You could hear it knock the air out of him, but he never stopped churning, slinging a roostertail of dirt behind him. Grabbed the flyer. Sent him down the hill for the memory bird. He pinned it! That's when I heard Tammy. She stood up and was applauding. The gallery was kind of spread out and some were over airing. Not a whole bunch were really paying attention. But, they were after Tammy started whooping it up. She was saying,"Anybody see that?!" "Nice job!"
I was moved. I was really nobody there. Couldn't prove it by Tammy.
I was glad we made that trial.

#17 ·
Prayers sent

#18 ·
The trial had a very somber ambiance and the news didn't get any better or easier as the weekend carried on.

It was amazing how smooth things went with the Paynes, Heards and many others stepping up to the plate to 'git'r done'.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Totten family, their young daughter Sara was a rock on Sunday. Can't say I'd have been that together.

Kerri is working on perhaps a fund raiser to help the Tottens with the medical bills, so stay tuned to RTF. Chris has given permission to use RTF as an avenue for such a cause and we've pulled together so much in the past.

Kris

#19 · (Edited)
What a wonderful way to gather the spiritual strengths of many, through internet, another one of many God's blessings. Please Lord Jesus send the answer of our prayers to the Totten Family. For yours is the glory. Amen

#23 ·
Tammy and Bill, when I read about this my thoughts went to the great times we had this June at the National Am and what a good time I had training with the group. My thoughts and prayers go out to both of you at these tough times now and to come, may the Lord watch over you and your family.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.