The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Obama's Dog Czar?

Default Obama's Dog Czar?

I don't pretend to understand things from a political standpoint, but I read this elsewhere and wondered what your take on it is?

Obama's HSUS Czar

This report is archived at http://eaglerock814.proboards.com/in...eral&thread=52

WASHINGTON (July 21, 2009) – Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA) has lifted his “hold” blocking the nomination of Harvard Law School scholar and animal rights legal strategist Cass Sunstein for the post of regulatory czar in the Administration of his close personal friend, President Barack Obama.

Sen. Chambliss had blocked the nomination based on concerns of farm groups because of Sunstein’s strong animal rights beliefs, including support of stringent regulation of people who raise animals and a ban on hunting. Last week, however, Chambliss met with Sunstein and announced on the Senate floor that he had lifted the hold on the nomination. The Senator added that the way is now clear for the U.S. Senate to confirm Sunstein before its August recess.

The American Sporting Dog Alliance is urging all dog owners, hunters, firearms rights advocates, farmers and civil libertarians to take immediate action by urging the U.S. Senate to reject the Sunstein nomination to head the powerful Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) in the White House. Taking action now is of the utmost urgency.

Sunstein has the strong support of the Humane Society of the United States, which is the political arm of the radical animal rights movement, according to a July 15 statement by HSUS Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Michael Markarian in The Huffington Post. Referring to the regulations to implement the federal Animal Welfare Act, and new rules about animal fighting and importing dogs, Markarian wrote: “These kinds of legal changes are precisely why Americans need a regulatory czar like Cass Sunstein in charge of OIRA -- to make sure the federal agencies properly implement regulations to enforce these new laws.”

The Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) “reviews and alters regulations created by federal agencies,” according to Congress Daily.

Sunstein, who has published 15 books, would have broad powers to review, recommend changes and possibly engineer changes in all federal regulations, including those about dog ownership, farming, hunting on federal lands, and enforcement of gun control laws.

In his published writings and speeches, Sunstein has advocated:

Giving animal rights groups the power to file lawsuits on the behalf of animals against their owners.

Very strict regulations about animal ownership, farming and hunting.

The elimination of hunting.

The elimination of the individual right to keep and bear arms.

Moving toward a vegan vegetarian society.

Rewriting the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And restrictions on free speech.

Each of those assertions will be documented later in this report by direct quotations from Sunstein’s published books and speeches.

The American Sporting Dog Alliance believes Sunstein would have a severely negative impact on dog owners, farmers, hunters, gun owners and civil libertarians – Indeed, to all Americans!

This is underscored by Sunstein’s status as a close personal friend and advisor to President Obama since they met in 1992, when Sunstein taught law at the University of Chicago. This will give Sunstein unprecedented influence and access to the President.

It is further underscored by numerous mainstream reports that Sunstein is slated to be President Obama’s next nominee to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court. This adds to the urgency of convincing the Senate that Sunstein’s beliefs are un-American and in direct contradiction to the basic principles outlined in the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Although Sunstein’s nomination had been blocked by Sen. Chambliss until last week, Government Executive reported that he actually has been working at the job in the White House on a daily basis.

FIGHT BACK LIKE YOUR SPORT DEPENDS ON IT!

*Become a member of the LRC.

*Become a member of the Sporting Dog Alliance: http://www.americansportingdogalliance.org/

*Strenghten the AKC by getting your pups registered and insist they do not compromise on our rights.

*Educate your buyers to the threats to purebred pet ownership they are facing.

*Call your legislators.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Just what we need from osama, an animal rights nut in charge of a govt office:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...hts-proponent/
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Just what we need from osama, an animal rights nut in charge of a govt office:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009...hts-proponent/

Obama attracts nuts.
    I think my dog is going to sue me for that whole "E-collar" thing.
    I might be getting sued by a pheasants family this fall too.

does anyone else realize these czars answer only to the President and have no congressional oversight like a cabinet Secretary does..BHO is singlehandly trying to revise the check and balance system of government and there are 535 enablers in Congress helping along the way
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Loeffelholz View Post
    It must be miserable to live in fear of the unknown all day long everyday........while you build mountains out of mole hills
    You might want to take the blinders off. Blind faith is not healthy for the nation or the world. A healthy discussion is the heart of democracy. Pelosi and Reed are preventing the open discussion so we are prevented from knowing what is going on.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Hey guys,

Below is a letter I have written to my senators opposing Obama's nomination of Cass Sunstein to be the new regulatory czar. If you are not farmiliar with him here are a few sites you can visit.
    http://www.consumerfreedom.com/pressRelease_detail.cfm/release/249
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/21/obama-regulatory-czars-confirmation-held-hunting-rights-proponent/

Please take the time to contact your senators as well. I want to make sure my future children will be able to become reputable breeders one day if the bug bites them the way it did me. I also want to make sure that my children can hunt here in "The Natural State".

For Arkansas here is where you need to go to send it to Pryor and Lincoln.
    http://pryor.senate.gov/contact/
    http://lincoln.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm

For other states here is a list you can use to find your senators.
    http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

RE: Nominee for Regulatory Czar - Cass Sunstein

Dear Senator Pryor,

I am writing to you today in an attempt to urge you to reject the nomination of Cass Sunstein to head the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs.

I believe that his radical ideas regarding animal rights and hunting is not the change our country needs. His close affiliation with animal rights groups whose mission is to eliminate companion animals, service animals, and all forms of pet/livestock ownership is alarming to me.

My home is also home to several dogs and a cat. My dogs compete in various activities sponsored by the AKC ranging from traditional dog shows. to obedience competitions, hunt tests, and therapy work.

Mr. Sunstein has repeatedly aligned himself with organizations whose purpose is to eliminate purebred breeding programs of every kind, AKC/UKC hunt tests, and animal ownership.

Below are just a few of the things his on his agenda that I strongly oppose:
    - Very strict regulations about animal ownership, farming, and breeding
    - The elimination of hunting altogether
    - Eliminating the right to keep and bear arms
    - Moving toward a vegan vegetarian society – this should be an individual choice, not something we must do because farmers/ranchers have been forced out of their jobs and can no longer provide us with meat.

Regards,
    Page Johnson
    Page

"Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go!" ~Christian Larson

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Loeffelholz View Post
    You are so correct, too bad we endured 8 long years of blind faith and no open discussion - we are all paying the price for that agenda. Just sweep the real issues under the rug for someone else to deal with and work on our real agendas in secret.
    Agreed!!

That price??

Obama!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

So far the animal bolsheviks haven't gotten a lot of traction in DC. If this wacko gets the job that will likely change. I don't want Ingrid Newkirk and Wayne Pacelle having any friends in the upper levels of govt.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!