The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing race baiting

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    By immediately after "his identity was confirmed" I assume you mean after they cuffed him and took him to the station where he was held for several hours. I find it hard to understand why they would go forward with an arrest after his identify was established which apparently happened in his house. With respect to Obama's comments, I felt they were injudicious, but not unbalanced. He stated that he knows Gates and considers him a friend. He said that he had no knowledge of the events beyond what was reported by the press but that, based on those reports it seemed the Cambridge PD had acted stupidly in arresting Gates and taking him into custody after his identity was established. He should have refused comment on the specifics given his lack of direct knowledge. His comments on racism generally seemed to be completely appropriate.
    I have to say, I thought it was very thoughtless for him to comment on this case, with such little knowledge. Even with qualifiers, it serves no purpose other than to stir up prejedices, which will likely taint any investigation or lawsuits. It may hurt both the professor, AND the defense of the officers.

Not many on-going investigations have the bias of Presidential comments to deal with!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I have to say, I thought it was very thoughtless for him to comment on this case, with such little knowledge. Even with qualifiers, it serves no purpose other than to stir up prejedices, which will likely taint any investigation or lawsuits. It may hurt both the professor, AND the defense of the officers.

Not many on-going investigations have the bias of Presidential comments to deal with!
    I agree completely.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Had the defendant's house actually been burglarized and an arrest of a perp made the professor would still have griped.

The Sgt is his departments instructor on and a recognized expert on profiling.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/...lar_disorderly
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    In this case, it was my understanding (possibly incorrect) that his identity and residence was confirmed almost immediately by photo ID.
    Doesn't matter what your understanding is.

Understand this, when a Police Officer tells you to do something, DO IT, or you are in violation of the law!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Some are just "all-knowing" by nature.

Never, ever let the facts get in the way of a good story!!
    Stan b & Elvis

In this case, it was my understanding (possibly incorrect) that his identity and residence was confirmed almost immediately by photo ID
    I just heard the police report on the radio. Getting this guys name and any type of info was like pulling teeth. That black guy is a racist and a big part of why things are screw up. If it went down like the report says the guy should have taken a few lumps with a billy club to wake him up.

He is a cop hater too.

All he had to say was,,, hey I live here and show him is ID and it would have been over. But NOOO he wanted to be an arsehole racist cop hatin piece of junk.

It figures,,,he is a proffesor.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Had the defendant's house actually been burglarized and an arrest of a perp made the professor would still have griped.

The Sgt is his departments instructor on and a recognized expert on profiling.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090723/...lar_disorderly

As the facts trickle out, it sounds more and more like the police officer performed his duty honorably and within not only policy, but common sense.

Why do I have a feeling that this professor will soon be having a book on race relations for sale at your local book store, and now will be on the talk-show circuits promoting it in regards to this incident?

Obama put himself in the thick of this, and also in the unpleasant position of really needing to apologize and say that HE himself acted "stupidly" by commenting on this.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

There is a reason he took the side he did on this.
    We are all afraid to state it.

Funny, he can't answer questions on his healthcare plan, or attendees and list releases, because he didn't have all the facts.
    But he did not hesitate to choose sides here!!

It is what it is!
    Stan b & Elvis

Could it be that Obammy is a "Racist" at heart??? Sure sounds like it from excerpts from his book.

How's That?
    Just Win

If Obama wasn't a racist he wouldn't have sat and listened to Rev Wright all those years.