The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing race baiting

What I want to know is, WHO called the police??

Wouldn't his neighbors have recognized him??? I wonder if the officer wasn't "set up" in an attempt to gain publicity for any upcoming race-relations Books from the Harvard Press, written by the illustrious professor?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    What I want to know is, WHO called the police??

Wouldn't his neighbors have recognized him??? I wonder if the officer wasn't "set up" in an attempt to gain publicity for any upcoming race-relations Books from the Harvard Press, written by the illustrious professor?
    I don't have a huge issue with the Professor.
    People pull this stuff all the time.

But as the President of the United States of America, well, any respect I had for him is gone.

At the least the Police Officer gets the benefit of the doubt until the reveiw is done within the department.

C'mon, that was a revealing glimpse into this man's character!!

And this officer is owed a HUGE apology!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

But as the President of the United States of America, well, any respect I had for him is gone.
    You had respect for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    You had respect for him?
    That's right Roger, attack me, with a smarmy comment about what you think I think.

Don't dare address the issue, because you got nothing!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I don't have a huge issue with the Professor.
    People pull this stuff all the time.

At the least the Police Officer gets the benefit of the doubt until the reveiw is done within the department.

C'mon, that was a revealing glimpse into this man's character!!

And this officer is owed a HUGE apology!!
    Yeah, I mentioned that. Whether he ultimately is shown to be right or wrong, the willingness to make such a statement when you admit you don't have all the facts, was stupid. He's gonna really regret that one.

OTOH, that officer has shown tremendous class and restraint, while effectively expressing his views.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Right on Roadkill! Just do what they say! No problems.

Another thing why in the world did he, at the end, talk about profiling blacks and latinos. Doesn't this man know that the the Majority of the crimes commited in the USA are commited by blacks and latinos? Look at the prisons. more blacks and latinos than whites.

Traveling in so. miss a few years age we, my family and I, were stopped in a overall balck town by a black police officer. When asked why he stopped us he said YOU did not look like you from around here. Profiling. He asked to search the car and I consented and he let us go! What a crock of crap.

It goes on just as much with blacks as with whites. Whites seem to just let roll and go on about our business, like work!

Now I'm just saying!
    Martin

Doesn't matter what your understanding is.

Understand this, when a Police Officer tells you to do something, DO IT, or you are in violation of the law!!
    You must know this isn't actually true. Many states have laws that require people to obey lawful orders by law enforcement officers under specific circumstances such as with respect to traffic enforcement, at the scene of an accident or crime, etc. I am not aware of any general requirement that forces people to obey law enforcement officers at all times. In fact, if you obey an unlawful order by a police officer, then you yourself are guilty of a crime notwithstanding the order you were given. Obviously, any time you are arguing with an armed person, discretion is warranted. However, if a police officer asks to search my home in the absence of a warrant, I will clearly state that I do not give my permission.

Obumma is a jerk!!!!
    Seriously though, I really think he wants race relations to get worse not better in this country. He favors preferential quotas for minorities. Look closely in the house healthcare bill, you will find them.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Obumma is a jerk!!!!
    Seriously though, I really think he wants race relations to get worse not better in this country. He favors preferential quotas for minorities. Look closely in the house healthcare bill, you will find them.
    Do you have a reference? I did not see any such quotas.

On page 879-880, the bill states that the Secretary of Health and Human Services

"shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate a professional training program in the field of family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, or geriatrics, to provide financial assistance and traineeships and fellowships to those students, interns, residents or physicians who plan to work in or teach in the field of family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, or geriatrics."

On page 881-882 the bill states:

"In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . Training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds."

On page 883 the bill states:

"The Secretary shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate or participate in an established primary care residency training program, which may include-(A) planning and developing curricula; (B) recruitment and training of residents; and (C) retention of faculty."

On page 884-885 the bill states:

"In awarding grants and contracts . . . the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of training . . . individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds . . . ."

On page 887-889 the bill states that the

"Secretary shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate a professional training program for oral health professionals, to provide financial assistance and traineeships and fellowships to those professionals who plan to work in or teach general, pediatric, or public health dentistry, or dental hygiene, to establish, maintain, or improve academic administrative units (including departments, divisions, or other appropriate units) in the specialties of general, pediatric, or public health dentistry, to operate a loan repayment program for full-time faculty in a program of general, pediatric, or public health dentistry."

On page 889-890 the bill states:

"In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . Training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds."

On page 908-909 the bill states: "The Secretary shall award grants and contracts to eligible entities" to do the same things for the field of public health as the Secretary can do for dentistry.

On page 909 the bill states:

That's just one example.