The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 165

Thread: Disappointing race baiting

  1. #31
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    barack obama
    race-baiter in chief
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  2. #32
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    On page 879-880, the bill states that the Secretary of Health and Human Services

    "shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate a professional training program in the field of family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, or geriatrics, to provide financial assistance and traineeships and fellowships to those students, interns, residents or physicians who plan to work in or teach in the field of family medicine, general internal medicine, general pediatrics, or geriatrics."
    On page 881-882 the bill states:

    "In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . Training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds."
    On page 883 the bill states:

    "The Secretary shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate or participate in an established primary care residency training program, which may include-(A) planning and developing curricula; (B) recruitment and training of residents; and (C) retention of faculty."
    On page 884-885 the bill states:

    "In awarding grants and contracts . . . the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of training . . . individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds . . . ."
    On page 887-889 the bill states that the

    "Secretary shall make grants to, or enter into contracts with, eligible entities . . . to operate a professional training program for oral health professionals, to provide financial assistance and traineeships and fellowships to those professionals who plan to work in or teach general, pediatric, or public health dentistry, or dental hygiene, to establish, maintain, or improve academic administrative units (including departments, divisions, or other appropriate units) in the specialties of general, pediatric, or public health dentistry, to operate a loan repayment program for full-time faculty in a program of general, pediatric, or public health dentistry."
    On page 889-890 the bill states:

    "In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . Training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds."
    On page 908-909 the bill states: "The Secretary shall award grants and contracts to eligible entities" to do the same things for the field of public health as the Secretary can do for dentistry.


    On page 909 the bill states:

    "In awarding grants or contracts under this section, the Secretary shall give preference to entities that have a demonstrated record of the following: . . . Training individuals who are from underrepresented minority groups or disadvantaged backgrounds."


    That's just one example.
    How are any of those quotas? Would you rather they reserve grants for those that have failed to train underrepresented minorities? There are similar requirements for essentially all Federally financed programs.

  3. #33
    Senior Member luvmylabs23139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    How are any of those quotas? Would you rather they reserve grants for those that have failed to train underrepresented minorities? There are similar requirements for essentially all Federally financed programs.
    They should award grants based on the ones that have the highest standards in admissions and such. Med schools will be forced to admit larger # of minorites ignoring their qualifications in order to receive federal funding and grants. Read between the lines, this is giving preference to minorities,
    Grants should be based on standards of qualifications not the minority crap.

  4. #34
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    They should award grants based on the ones that have the highest standards in admissions and such. Med schools will be forced to admit larger # of minorites ignoring their qualifications in order to receive federal funding and grants. Read between the lines, this is giving preference to minorities,
    Grants should be based on standards of qualifications not the minority crap.
    Actually, I disagree. They are trying to get people to serve in specialties and geographic areas that are currently under served. It seems to me that they should show preference for those most likely to meet those needs.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    The guy who graduates last in his medical school class is still an MD. Special consideration should be given to those most likely to be good doctors, there are more than enough unqualified ones in the US, many educated in foreign medical schools.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  6. #36
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    How are any of those quotas? Would you rather they reserve grants for those that have failed to train underrepresented minorities?
    In order to determine that something/anything is underrepresented you must both a) quantify that something and b) must have a determination or numerical value in mind that determines when that something is adequately represented instead of underrepresented. Whatever that numerical value is, is the quota.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

  7. #37
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    In order to determine that something/anything is underrepresented you must both a) quantify that something and b) must have a determination or numerical value in mind that determines when that something is adequately represented instead of underrepresented. Whatever that numerical value is, is the quota.
    That's quite a stretch. You would probably prefer the French system where the claim is that racism doesn't exist and therefore there is no reason to collect any information on race. The reality is that racism is rampant -- a fact known to all -- but there is no way to quantify the impact because of the absence of measurement.

    On questions of race, our country has improved dramatically since my youth. However, racism is still prevalent and evident even in the title of this thread. There is absolutely nothing that Obama said in his press conference that could be called "race baiting", other than the fact that he himself is black.

  8. #38
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    ...The reality is that racism is rampant...

    On questions of race, our country has improved dramatically since my youth. However, racism is still prevalent and evident even in the title of this thread. There is absolutely nothing that Obama said in his press conference that could be called "race baiting", other than the fact that he himself is black.
    Really? Rampant? A left wing canard.

    The fact is accusations of racism are rampant where none exists. This is a high profile example of those accusations with obama's tacit approval illustrated by his reflexive attack on the police officer without having complete information.


    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  9. #39
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Really? Rampant? A left wing canard.

    The fact is accusations of racism are rampant where none exists. This is a high profile example of those accusations with obama's tacit approval illustrated by his reflexive attack on the police officer without having complete information.
    Did you even read what I wrote? I was actually referring to France when i said racism was rampant. However, there is no question that race defines much of how we view events and people in the US as well. And if you read my earlier posts you will see that I already said that Obama had no business saying the police department had acted stupidly in its arrestof Gates without more direct factual evidence of what happened.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    All this rancor cause some knucklehead got what he deserved for contempt of cop, all but an attitude adjustment that is.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Similar Threads

  1. Tooie Wins the Race
    By RedstarKennels in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-23-2009, 07:51 PM
  2. Talladega Race GDG
    By 1st retriever in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 07:36 AM
  3. Last Great Race
    By John Goode in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 06:23 AM
  4. Disappointing First Hunt
    By Stephen Whitley in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 01:19 PM
  5. Hi Point Derby Race
    By Tim West in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 11:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •