The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing race baiting

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    That's quite a stretch. You would probably prefer the French system where the claim is that racism doesn't exist and therefore there is no reason to collect any information on race. The reality is that racism is rampant -- a fact known to all -- but there is no way to quantify the impact because of the absence of measurement.
    Right. I don't know what all that has to do with price of baguettes in Paris. You said there are no race-based quotas in Obama's health plan, I was responding to that. Let me try a different way...

1) Obama's plan states that minorities are "underrepresented"
    2) To make that claim he must be able to define what "underrepresented means (eg. blacks make up 3% of all surgeons)
    3) If he can define "underrperesented," then logically, he would know what "appropriately represented" means (eg. black should comprise 15% of all surgeons).
    4) Whatever he defines as "appropriately represented" is the number that his plan is striving to achieve. You know...his goal. His...ahem, QUOTA.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Right. I don't know what all that has to do with price of baguettes in Paris. You said there are no race-based quotas in Obama's health plan, I was responding to that. Let me try a different way...

1) Obama's plan states that minorities are "underrepresented"
    2) To make that claim he must be able to define what "underrepresented means (eg. blacks make up 3% of all surgeons)
    3) If he can define "underrperesented," then logically, he would know what "appropriately represented" means (eg. black should comprise 15% of all surgeons).
    4) Whatever he defines as "appropriately represented" is the number that his plan is striving to achieve. You know...his goal. His...ahem, QUOTA.
    Hew, everyone (including Yardley) understands.
    You point is;
    Clear
    Relevant
    Breif

Very well made.

The progressive don't have an argument for this disaster, so they pretend they don't get it (which they don't, but that's another thread altogether)!!
    So, they feel if the bloviate enough they can obfuscate the real issue!!

Now, let's go insult a Policeman!!
    Last edited by road kill; 07-24-2009 at 07:27 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Back in 1969, sitting President Richard M. Nixon made a comment to the press that Charles Manson (who was then on trial for the horrendous murders of Sharon Tate and four others in California) was "guilty" of unspeakable crimes. The press went berserk and rightly excoriated Nixon for making this public judgment when Manson was, in fact, still supposed to enjoy the presumption of innocence. It was pointed out ad nauseaum that it was inappropriate for a sitting President to make such a statement which could, potentially, sway public opinion and poison the jury pool.

I'm pretty sure that Nixon was forced to apologize. That being said, Nixon undoubtedly knew a great deal about the Manson case since it had been front page news for months all over the nation. Should he have made such a bonehead statement? No. Was he at least far more informed regarding the merits of the case than Obama was in this situation? Absolutely-- as was every newspaper-reading American.

No matter what, this was not a proper topic for a Presidential press conference. It showed a lack of wisdom and maturity on the part of our Commander in Chief that is appalling, to say the least.

Marcia Butuikas
    Blindfaith
    The beginning is often scary, the end is usually sad, but fortunately, it's the middle that counts the most.

This is the first time I've been on this forum and I just saw my wife's post...so I'll add something after hearing two black gentlemen, one liberal and one conservative, on O'Reilly last night. I'm white, used to be a liberal ( changed dramatically about 1996 due to lies, deceit and convenient lack of regard for the truth and facts by the liberal wing of the Democratic party) and I was raised by parents who would not tolerate even a hint of racism.

The fact that racism exists ( I believe it does ), is prevalent. is rampant, occurs everyday ( all of which I question deeply) is irrelevant. For the President of the United States to call out a policeman's action in the way he did, all the while admitting he did not have all the facts, was STUPID, irresponsible and, yes, in my mind, racist. He's being defended due to the fact that he knew the professor. Without the facts, that, also, is at least close to irrelevant... AND if you throw in the fact that he KNEW and initially defended the Reverend Wright ( who, IMHO is one of the most despicable characters on the American scene) then one would have to seriously question how much weight should be given to that bit of " evidence". He threw Wright, his Grandmother and others "under the bus" when the time was right. If you go on to look at the other classy folks that he has chummed around with, I find it hard to think that this comment wasn't just in keeping with his own brand of hatred for many of the things I hold dear.... America included.

For the record I have always wanted to vote for a Black to be my president and there were black men and women who I would have voted for in a heartbeat...BUT...I'm not voting for a radical liberal of any color, shape or size. He's rapidly proving, to me at least, that my assessment of him was on the money...driven by ideology.

Bill Butikas, humble husband of Marcia
    Soon to be running dogs...black, yellow and chocolate in about an hour ..... and until the libs try even harder to make that illegal as well!!
    Blindfaith
    The beginning is often scary, the end is usually sad, but fortunately, it's the middle that counts the most.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    The reality is that racism is rampant -- a fact known to all -- but there is no way to quantify the impact because of the absence of measurement.

On questions of race, our country has improved dramatically since my youth. However, racism is still prevalent and evident even in the title of this thread. There is absolutely nothing that Obama said in his press conference that could be called "race baiting", other than the fact that he himself is black.
    As the AUTHOR of the "racist" title of this thread....I titled it race baiting because that's exactly what Obongo did. No different than Sharpton, Jackson et al rushing to the defense of the Tawana Brawleys of the world: making false accusations and then hiding behind the bulletproof shield of discrimination.

I agree with you that racism in this country is rampant. But like the 800 lb. gorilla sitting in the middle of the room, the racism that's rampant is black racism. Whites proved in the last election that they can and will vote for a black man. Blacks, on the other hand, went nearly 100 percent for the black candidate.

Black racism emboldens blacks INCLUDING THE POTUS to say and do all kinds of outrageous things and defend themselves with the rallying cry of "That's racist" or "My snivel rights have been violated" or some other equally offfensive jenkem the country is expected to drink. This President should NOT get a pass on his inappropriate behavior but he will: because people like YOU, Jeff, will call his detractors racist. Much like he got elected because the media and the public was afraid to question the shady things and holes in his past because it might be racist. I think it's pretty safe to say Barry Soetero NEVER would've even won the Democratic nomination with such a past if he'd been white.

Did you not watch the news last night? Did you not see that the good "Professer" called the police officer a mother******? and other assorted epithets? HOW DARE THE PRESIDENT DEFEND HIM? I'm ashamed that race baiting scum like that teaches at a prestigious university. I wonder if the African studies he teaches include stuff like the Nation of Islam mothership and other revisionist history? He almost had to be snot flinging drunk to act like he did and say what he did, but it's still not an excuse. I cannot imagine any respectable human being callling a police officer a mother****** for any reason.

So save your breath and don't you call me a racist Jeff Goodwin because I called out Obongo on race baiting. That is exactly what it was. Not only was it race baiting and despicable for a President to engage in, he won't even have to apologize because he and his staff of sycophants will rally round under their favorite chant:

THAT'S RACIST

Julie,
    you told it like the cow ate the cabbage !! YOU GO GIRL !!!

Lets see now....
    If the policeman was as described, it would seem the prof would have been a bit roughed up. Having hung with police a bit, it seems that this officer was rather lax in the way he handled the situation. Since the ID was not on the prof, instead of asking where the ID was and having another officer get it, he just followed the prof into the house. Where who knows what could have been lurking. That would indicate a lot of initial trust. So what set this situation off? Seems the police man who taught other cops how not to racial profile was treating this guy more than fairly. Then there is the prof who in his teachings is, so-to-speak, all about blacks. Someone is lying here and I doubt it is the officer.
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

Great post Julie. Obami calling the cop stupid was way out of line, and he should be held accountable for it, and pressured to apologize.

I think there's a whole bunch of heated emotions and pre-emptive accusations flying in BOTH directions here. I have already stated that it didn't make any sense to me to start a comment with, "Not knowing all the facts"...and then concluding with "acted stupidly" and linking to racial profiling VERY unpresidential and stupid. He knows it, and I suspect he will backpedal.

I see potential STUPID behavior on both sides of this story.

Anytime a cop tells me to do something lawful, especially if tensions are high, you damn right I'm doing it and QUICK. (I don't want a sit-nick-sit with a 9mm!)

OTOH, if the prof showed reasonable ID, and the cop did not have enough reason to doubt him and enter the home and make an arrest of an invader (the cop ordered him to step outside prior to arresting, which was interesting) then maybe it wasn't the best judgement.

I will always give the police officer the BOTD, but not a free pass. And this may sound racist, but I'm sorry...if a black man is pushing a door open in a predominately white neighborhood, and a neighbor calls the police, not recognizing the person....hell yes there's going to be a confrontation. That's not racial profiling folks, that's doing your job!

Lets wait until the facts come out, before calling each other names?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

OTOH, if the prof showed reasonable ID, and the cop did not have enough reason to doubt him and enter the home and make an arrest of an invader (the cop ordered him to step outside prior to arresting, which was interesting) then maybe it wasn't the best judgement.
    The arrest wasn't for breaking and entering, it was for disorderly conduct. He was aware the man lived there so the ID was not relevant. Gates was combative and uncooperative from the start.

The police report is here. A very informative read.
    http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...092gates1.html
    Last edited by Page; 07-24-2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Page

"Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go!" ~Christian Larson