The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dow tops 9,000 as home sales rise for 3rd month

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The economy ain't gonna get better until Osama loses the election in 2012.
    That process will start in 2010....mid-terms here we come....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

When that $219K house inflated to $450K who was President?
    The policy of lending mortgage money to anyone began under Clinton. The party that continued to over-inflate the housing market by creating an artificial demand are the Democrats. The party that was asleep at the wheel were the Republicans.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

In February 2000 the mortgage rates dropped to around 5%. Most everyone was either trying to refinance or purchase a house. The unnamed one was president at the time. in about 2005 the value of housing started to sky rocket and more people started to refinance, taking money out to pay bills. There were also a lot of C and D credit people buying houses before the price went up more. Most buyers and refinancers got into an adjustable rate mortgage which remained constant for 3 years and began to adjust. in 2008 when their rates increased $200 - $500 per month and the price of gas rose to $3.00-$4.00 per gallon people could no longer afford their mortgages.

Roger, with Google at the ready, there's simply no excuse for not knowing who was President and when. Clinton was President in Feb. 2000; Bush 43 was inaugurated on January 20, 2001.

Clinton deregulated Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1999 which opened the floodgates of money...unscrupulous lending practices followed...as Franco said, Bush will take the blame for being asleep at the wheel, but neither he nor his administration "set the table" for the disaster that we are now experiencing.

kg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Roger, with Google at the ready, there's simply no excuse for not knowing who was President and when. Clinton was President in Feb. 2000; Bush 43 was inaugurated on January 20, 2001.

Clinton deregulated Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in 1999 which opened the floodgates of money...unscrupulous lending practices followed...as Franco said, Bush will take the blame for being asleep at the wheel, but neither he nor his administration "set the table" for the disaster that we are now experiencing.

kg
    Keith, In 2000 when people were refinancing they were refinancing for a lower rate not just to take cash out because the value of their houses did not inflate to outragous values.

I was talking about the adjustable rate mortgages adjusting in 3 to 5 years.

(Most buyers and refinancers got into an adjustable rate mortgage which remained constant for 3 years and began to adjust. in 2008 when their rates increased $200 - $500 per month and the price of gas rose to $3.00-$4.00 per gallon people could no longer afford their mortgages."

If you do the math when all the defaults on mortgages took place - 2007, & 2008. If you subtract 3 to 5 years from 2007 or 2008, you will come up with a time period where the price of housing rose to an incredible level. That is when most people that either bought or refinanced and took cash out to pay bills got into trouble.

The price of gas in 2000 was about $1.10 a gallon. Gas prices in 2007 & 2008 were well over $3.00 per gallon.

And you want to blame Bush 43 for ALL of this....right?

kg

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Right, blame George W Bush for a failed mortgage market that started under Slick Willy and continued under the 'leadership' of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    And you want to blame Bush 43 for ALL of this....right?

kg
    All I know is the company I worked for went out of business in 2007. A lot more company's also went out of business along with hundreds of banks. Even with the lower prices in housing try to find a B or C lender, you can't, they are all out of business.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Right, blame George W Bush for a failed mortgage market that started under Slick Willy and continued under the 'leadership' of Chris Dodd and Barney Frank.

No Bob, It's Obama's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    All I know is the company I worked for went out of business in 2007. A lot more company's also went out of business along with hundreds of banks. Even with the lower prices in housing try to find a B or C lender, you can't, they are all out of business.
    My question still stands....

kg